Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White screen on a lot of pages

Options
  • 06-02-2013 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I've had this issue for the past couple of weeks. Often if I go into a page, I'm getting a big white screen. It's kind of hard to describe, but the page underneath is still working, I can move my mouse around and click on URLs and it will bring me to a new page, and I can see the very top and very side of the screen. It happens on pages such as "view poll results", viewing all posts by a specific user, going into a user's profile, or today it happened when I tried to copy posts from one thread to another.

Here's a screen shot:

ck2HVQg.jpg?1?6981

Edit: I usually get around it by going back and opening the link I'm trying to get to in a new tab, but sometimes that doesn't work either. However if I open a link in another tab, and then leave it for a few seconds before clicking on it, it's always fine. That sounds really weird :confused: Any ideas?!

Edit 2: If I go into full screen the screen seems to work ok, although sometimes I need to hit F11 a few times to get rid of the white screen. Not sure if you need this additional info but just in case!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Looks like a browser problem with Chrome. Try updating your graphics drivers or disabling flash.

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement