Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio doors

Options
  • 06-02-2013 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Never bought a patio door before, would need it fitted along with removal of the old one. For that reason, I don't want to go to the likes of B&Q (and tbh, I'm not even sure they do doors), but I haven't a clue where to even start. Is there such a thing as a door store in Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

corblimey wrote: »
    Never bought a patio door before, would need it fitted along with removal of the old one. For that reason, I don't want to go to the likes of B&Q (and tbh, I'm not even sure they do doors), but I haven't a clue where to even start. Is there such a thing as a door store in Cork?
    Any of the companies doing PVC windows will do them. I got new patio doors from Windowmaster in Carrigaline a few years ago. Don't know if they are still in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Open the phone book and ring around. There are lots of reputable companies doing them. You will have a choice of a PVC or aluminium. The PVC will be more energy efficient but will cost a little more. Just make sure you're getting decent spec glass (argon filled, warm-edge spacer, Low-E soft coating) it won't increase the cost very much extra and you'll be happy you did it. Higher spec glass will be standard in most companies. Ask them what PVC system they use and google it. The make itself is of little importance as long as you avoid the real budget offerings. You should budget for roughly a grand, fitted depending on size and specs (colour etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

B&D Windows in Blackrock I have used for patio doors and windows for years in every house I owned. They visit once to measure the space, and then they go and manufacture the door. A few days later when it's made, they come out to install the new door and take away the old one. We changed a window for a double door with them and they did all the plastering and everything. You can get all the argon-filled insulated doors and windows from them. Very good, highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

pwurple wrote: »
    B&D Windows in Blackrock I have used for patio doors and windows for years in every house I owned. They visit once to measure the space, and then they go and manufacture the door. A few days later when it's made, they come out to install the new door and take away the old one. We changed a window for a double door with them and they did all the plastering and everything. You can get all the argon-filled insulated doors and windows from them. Very good, highly recommend.

I assume it's this crowd? Address is apparently Douglas, although I think they're closer to Blackrock, just wanted to be sure it's the same guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yup, that's them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭grange mac

Munster joinery, window & door store, door depot....list GOES ONNNNN .....& on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

pwurple wrote: »
    B&D Windows in Blackrock

Had a VERY bad experience with these people. I'd say avoid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭ladysarah

i use a guy len lennon windows eprk is exvellent and he is the chespest around. he is basef in glanmire and i think he is in golden pages under kl windows. i have also used Leo West who was excellent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭ladysarah

sorry that is ken Lennon

Advertisement