Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mic to record voice overs?

Options
  • 06-02-2013 10:54am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I did a check over the last few pages and didn't notice any topics dedicated to asking this...

My brother wants me to get him a proper microphone to record audio. At the moment, he does voice-overs via a cheap enough headset, but the quality isn't amazing. I want to see about getting him something that will be relatively professional and provide a really good audio quality. Anyone any suggestions? What's the general products used by people on here for voice overs?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I use a proper XLR mike through a mixing desk. No messing here!Bare minimum for that set up though is about 250-300 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

A lot of people on youtube seem to use the Blue Yeti or Blue Snowball , plan on picking one up for my Son this year for his birthday as he got a pvr2 for Christmas.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Clover wrote: »
    A lot of people on youtube seem to use the Blue Yeti or Blue Snowball , plan on picking one up for my Son this year for his birthday as he got a pvr2 for Christmas.

Hehe, seems a bit more in my price range. You know if they definitely ship to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Yes they do and that item is eligible for free super saver delivery.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Might get one of them. looking for a decent mic

• Advertisement

Thanks gys. Blue Snowball ordered, even if it sounds like a weird sex act :S

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Where did you order from if you don't mind me asking?

Yeap, Amazon as well.

Advertisement