Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SCART to Component Cable

• 06-02-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭

I'm looking for a little advice please.
    I need to connect output of a Dreambox500 to a TV. The TV has only one SCART input, which is already in use and so cannot be used. A SCART switching block isn't really practical either.

My DM500 has SCART (RGB I presume) or Composite (Red, White and Yellow) outputs.

Only inputs left available on TV are HDMI or Component (6 jacks).

Would something like this work:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003YL3K2M

or any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
    gLog

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

The RED, WHITE & YELLOW connectors are COMPOSITE not Component so your thread title is a bit misleading.

If you give the make/model of the TV we could perhaps advise better but if the TV has a Composite input then you're made with regard to basic connectivity. Composite is the lowest possible connection to your TV (if it in fact has a Composite connection ) Component is a much better system, capable of 720p albeit in analogue, but the best you can expect from analogue.

Some sets can accept RGB on their component inputs but without the model number it's difficult to say.

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭glog

Thanks for you reply Ken.
    Maybe i wasn't totally clear but as the title says the cable I think I'm looking for IS Scart to Component.
    Well it would need to have similar physical connectors as to the cable I linked to anyway.
    My reference of Composite (Red, White and Yellow) was that it was another output option from the DM500.

My TV is a LG 32LK450U

Thank you.

My bad. I should have linked to this cable:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Component-YPbPr-Audio-Scart-Video/dp/B0060HOY5O/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1360310919&sr=1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Component output over SCART isn't in the normal Spec for it.

It'd be worth trying the RGB outputs from a SCART connected to the Dreambox. Technically the only difference between the 2 is that there is no luminance content on the RED and BLUE signal on COMPONENT. Note that RGB and COMPONENT are not the same thing.

It may work ?!

Ken

Advertisement