Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MAC Face & Body versus MAC Studio Sculpt?

• 06-02-2013 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I absolutely love the dewy look and I hate matte finishes with a passion. After a lot of research I have seem to be between Studio Sculpt and Face & Body as products to get this dewy skin look.

I have read many conflicting reviews on MAC's F&B product, with many praising it from a high and then many saying it's coverage is crap and that it slides off completely after a couple of hours.

Studio sculpt seems to be an older product and I can't seem to get much feedback on it, the fact that it's a gel-based foundation appeals to me.

I have youngish skin! but I suffer badly with sinuses so I have permanent reddness around my nose that never goes away and I get the odd spot. My t-zone would be average oily for that area. I need a good bit of coverage around my nose but my forehead and cheeks would be a nice complexion and most of the time blemish free.

Based on this which of the above two would you recommend and how much are each of the products in BT's?

Edit: I read an article that F&B was a pro product and therefore only available on at BT's on Grafton street, is that true or would I be able to get it at the MAC counter in BT Galway?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Face and body is lightweight and amazing for someone who doesn't need a lot of coverage, more of a foundation suitable for flawless skin.

Studio Sculpt is build able, but tbh I am not as much of a fan as I would be with face and body. Studio sculpt tends to give a flawless finish but it's more matt than dewy. I would use SS for more night time and then fb during the day.

I find that SS stings my face when I put it on initially but it doesn't cause breakouts or rashes.

Pro products can only be purchased in bt's grafton street.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

I find that Studio Sculpt can slide off my face very quickly. I use Make Up Forevers Face and Body for day foundation and its lovely. They do not always all of the shades in stock however,but it's the best daywear foundation I've found. Lightweight and dewy but coverage is not so bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

xLexie wrote: »
    Face and body is lightweight and amazing for someone who doesn't need a lot of coverage, more of a foundation suitable for flawless skin.

Studio Sculpt is build able, but tbh I am not as much of a fan as I would be with face and body. Studio sculpt tends to give a flawless finish but it's more matt than dewy. I would use SS for more night time and then fb during the day.

I find that SS stings my face when I put it on initially but it doesn't cause breakouts or rashes.

Pro products can only be purchased in bt's grafton street.

Thanks a million, your answer was really helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I know you just asked for a comparison between the two but have you looked at NARS Sheer Glow foundation? Great coverage and really dewy.

I know you just asked for a comparison between the two but have you looked at NARS Sheer Glow foundation? Great coverage and really dewy.

To be honest there are loads of them I would love to try but can't. I'm in Sligo, useless selection. All we have is Chanel, Lancome, Smashbox thats about it high-end. I'm on my second type of Chanel foundation but they have discontinued both of them and plus they were way overpriced.

I can't get samples of anything, it's such a nuisance. I've heard great reviews of that NARS one and a one from Makeup Forever HD.

The only reason I'm kind of focusing on MAC is because I know someone in Galway who can pick it up for me and I've used MAC foundation before so I know more or less what the product is like and what the colors are like.

• Advertisement

I've used both Studio Tech (too cakey) and Studio Fix (to matt) before but both had good coverage and wore well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Two very different foundations. F&B is very sheer, really it gives your face a "lift" than actual coverage, if that makes sense. You'd need a good concealer to hide any blemishes or under eye circles. I use it from time to time on my neck and shoulders if I need a bit of colour on me.

I really like Studio Sculpt, good coverage, lasts well, not cakey at all. I apply it lightly with the Mac 187 brush. Been through two tubes of it!

If you can get to a YSL counter I definitely recommend trying their newest foundation, Touche Eclat. It's brilliant! Gorgeous finish off it, should be able to give you the dewy look you'd like.

Twee. wrote: »
    Two very different foundations. F&B is very sheer, really it gives your face a "lift" than actual coverage, if that makes sense. You'd need a good concealer to hide any blemishes or under eye circles. I use it from time to time on my neck and shoulders if I need a bit of colour on me.

I really like Studio Sculpt, good coverage, lasts well, not cakey at all. I apply it lightly with the Mac 187 brush. Been through two tubes of it!

If you can get to a YSL counter I definitely recommend trying their newest foundation, Touche Eclat. It's brilliant! Gorgeous finish off it, should be able to give you the dewy look you'd like.

Thanks for this. What color do you use in the Studio Sculpt, I like pale and am inclined to go with NC15 as NC20 in Studio Tech was too dark on me but a couple of the reviews that I have read on Studio Sculpt say that the NC15 is very light, almost ghost like.

Basically my question is, in comparison to other MAC foundations would you consider Studio Sculpt to be lighter in color that the others by comparison of the same shade i.e. NC20 Studio Fix v NC20 Studio Sculpt (would they be the same color or would you consider Studio Sculpt to be a lighter shade).

I've not used the other Mac foundations so can't comment if they're paler than others! I wear NC15, and in Bobbi Brown I wear 00 (Alabaster) so am quite the pale!

Old pic with serious lack of blusher, but that's SS NC15 on me

foundation.jpg

Twee. wrote: »
    I've not used the other Mac foundations so can't comment if they're paler than others! I wear NC15, and in Bobbi Brown I wear 00 (Alabaster) so am quite the pale!

Old pic with serious lack of blusher, but that's SS NC15 on me

foundation.jpg

Looks like the perfect shade. Lovely photo by the way.

• Advertisement

Awh thanks! Hope you get sorted anyway!

Went with the NC15 in Studio Sculpt in the end, absolutely love it, it's just what I was looking for, colour is perfect. Got a sample of NC20 but it was way, way too dark for me. At €36.50 it's saving me €11 on CHANEL so very happy and a 40ml too.

Advertisement