Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Language schools

Options
  • 06-02-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm planning a move to Paris over the next 18 months and as a result, I'm looking to brush up on my french.

Haven't done it since Leaving Cert (7 years ago but got an A!) I'm keen to get started using the most affordable method.

I contacted 2 language schools in Dublin over the last 4 weeks and neither have had the decency to respond so here I am...

Does anybody have any recommendations or advice on how best to kick start this? i want to achieve fluency (orally) and a high standard of written french over the next year and a half.

Thanks
    Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Intouch9 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I'm planning a move to Paris over the next 18 months and as a result, I'm looking to brush up on my french.

Haven't done it since Leaving Cert (7 years ago but got an A!) I'm keen to get started using the most affordable method.

I contacted 2 language schools in Dublin over the last 4 weeks and neither have had the decency to respond so here I am...

Does anybody have any recommendations or advice on how best to kick start this? i want to achieve fluency (orally) and a high standard of written french over the next year and a half.

Thanks
    Patrick

You could try Alliance Française (http://www.alliance-francaise.ie/)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Intouch9 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Thanks
    Patrick

Also have heard no response from language schools contacted in Ireland, amazes me how businesses like this survive.

Lately working a lot in west Africa with a french company. Although operating language is officially English in reality mostly French and most local folks speak French more than English, so had to give in.

As to most affordable. Was given a copy of Rosetta Stone, it actually works, has done for me anyway. From quitting french after scraping a pass in Inter cert. 20+ years ago to better than getting by, actually being accepted by most of the french folks so close to fluency really, in less than 3 months.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

I had tried Alliance Française but alas, no response.
    I'll try Rosetta stone, thanks a mil!

Advertisement