Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripping videos from website

Options
  • 06-02-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I may be in the wrong forum here, but i was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to rip videos from secure-ish websites. I've tried a few different applications and chrome extensions, but they can't seem to "see" the videos on the site. I've looked through the page source code, and can't seem to find where the videos are being linked to.

Any help on this would be much appreciated. This is nothing sinister, i am simply looking to download a few good training videos for the rugby team i coach.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

What you want to do is a probably a breach of copyright and you wont get any help with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

The Firefox plugin Ant Video Downloader works for me for YouTube and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Have you tried contacting the person that owns/uploaded the videos? They may be happy to share them with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

I've used the trial for Camtasia (screen capture software) for a similar scenario. Link: http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html. Not the quickest of solutions but does the job if nothing else works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Overflow wrote: »
    What you want to do is a probably a breach of copyright and you wont get any help with that.

Less of the dramatics, there are plenty of scenarios where this is a legitimate need.

• Advertisement
Advertisement