Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Job Seeker's Confusion!

• 06-02-2013 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all. I'm new to the forum, but was wondering if anybody could shed some light on my situation. I'm pretty certain I've been accepted for JSB, just need to hand in one more docket before they'll release the payment. So I should be getting back dated from a few weeks ago. My question is will I get a cheque in the post which can be cashed in the post office or the bank? And do I need some sort of social welfare card, or is a passport/driver's licence suitable? Sorry, that's more than one question! I'm a little confused about the procedure!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

If you are working casually you will be paid by cheque. You can cash the cheque at the Post Office or lodge it in the bank. You will need to PPS card in the Post Office or photo ID. If it is casual the cheques run Friday night and you should have it in the post on Tuesday's (unless there is a Bank Holiday). If you don't have a PPSN card contact your Local Office to have one issued to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 La Buka

Thank you so much! Yeah I'm working casually. My hours were cut from 40 to about 17 after returning from maternity leave. I assume that by lodging in the bank the cheque gives through the same procedure as any cheque, 5 working days to clear & all that jazz? Thanks for your help!

As it is a government cheque if you go to your own branch they would most likely cash it for you. Check with the bank, they should accommodate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I got a similar cheque before, it cleared immediately.

Thanks a million :-)

• Advertisement

Also, does I hand in the dockets a week in advance, or wait until the working week has finished before submitting the docket? I'm very confused :-)

You should leave the dockets in after the week has ended as you are paid a week in arrears. The dockets ends on a Wednesday you should leave it in Wednesday/Thursday at the latest. E.G. Docket for weekending 6th Feb should be left in today or tomorrow at the latest. This will cause a cheque to generate Friday night, it will post Monday and you should have it Tuesday.

Thank you! Hopefully it'll be sorted soon!

Advertisement