Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social work

Options
  • 06-02-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, I hope someone can help me! I just got invited for on interview for social work (ucd), I would just like to ask if anyone has any pointers for it.. I understans there are theoritical questions but I am just looking for specific examples..? eeeek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

If you search through the forum, you should find a thread about the same topic, asking about questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Elizabeth Smith

Thanks for the quick reply, yeah I looked through the old threads but there was nothing specific in them, just basically the same as what it says in the letter I recieved from them

thing is, there isnt specific questions they ask. They tailor the interview to whatever it is that you speak about.

Remember to relate theory to practice and you're golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Elizabeth Smith

Thanks, Triseke...did you do it yourself?

Thanks, Triseke...did you do it yourself?

yep, back in 2009.

Its more nerve-wrecking waiting for the interview, as there are usually about 3 interviews happening at the same time, and everyone is talking about what they will ask and what they want to come up.

Relax, relate your theory to practice and be yourself. The interviewers arent out to trip you up. I was brutally honest in my interview, and afterwards I was kicking myself for it, but turned out I got my place anyway. It's grand :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 breadmaker88

Think of what experience you have and then try to relate some theory to whatever experience and examples you have. triseke is right its a very nervous experience as there is huge competition for the course but know your cv inside out and be confident and prepared to talk about your examples. best of luck

Advertisement