Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada buggies!

Options
  • 06-02-2013 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭

So buggies refers to bugs - or in my more specific case Arachnids. Can people in Canada tell me what the spidey situation is like (and lemme know where in Can ye are situated?). Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Living in Toronto, haven't seen any spiders yet... but there are mesh things on our windows so bugs can't get in easily.

Probably worth checking this out when looking for somewhere to live:

http://www.bedbugregistry.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Size of my hand in Alberta, hit one with a hammer one day barely slowed it down

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

thats one tough bug :D

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

I'm taking the P!ss
    Spiders are no issue.
    But Mosquitoes are horsefilies were a big problem in Edmonton at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

/crosses alberta off the list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Frostine

hdowney wrote: »
    So buggies refers to bugs - or in my more specific case Arachnids. Can people in Canada tell me what the spidey situation is like (and lemme know where in Can ye are situated?). Thanks
    I live in Calgary and we do have a few different kinds of spiders. Daddy long legs are very common in the garden, not a lot of huge ones though. We tend to get these little zebra striped spiders in the house, they are good climbers and tend to fit through tiny cracks. They kind of jump when approached. I always put spiders back outside because they kill mosquitoes! Mosquitoes are FAR more annoying!
    However if you're going to Vancouver or Vancouver Island they have BIG spiders that are fast! I wouldn't want to squish those ones, they would make a bloody mess!

Frostine wrote: »
    I live in Calgary and we do have a few different kinds of spiders. Daddy long legs are very common in the garden, not a lot of huge ones though. We tend to get these little zebra striped spiders in the house, they are good climbers and tend to fit through tiny cracks. They kind of jump when approached. I always put spiders back outside because they kill mosquitoes! Mosquitoes are FAR more annoying!
    However if you're going to Vancouver or Vancouver Island they have BIG spiders that are fast! I wouldn't want to squish those ones, they would make a bloody mess!

/Vigorously crosses Vancouver off the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

oh lord.. i knew i shouldn't of opening this thread :eek:
    so long Vancouver!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

hdowney wrote: »
    /Vigorously crosses Vancouver off the list!

In BC we have lots of black widows, especially in the Okanagan. Remember seeing a pic in a blokes garden and he had a black widow in every single breeze block that were lying around. Black flies are far worse and really annoying.

Also bears, bigger faster and concern me a tad more. :)

ciaran67 wrote: »
    In BC we have lots of black widows, especially in the Okanagan. Remember seeing a pic in a blokes garden and he had a black widow in every single breeze block that were lying around. Black flies are far worse and really annoying.

Also bears, bigger faster and concern me a tad more. :)

Not at all. Bears be cuddly. Spiders be ick!!! :P I really do NOT like the sound of that chaps garden at all! I am able to handle spiders a lot more than I used to, but I'd much rather not, and I do like to know what kinda creepy I be dealing with. I am moving alone with no spider ridding buddy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement