Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Insitiute of design - Interactive Media & Web Design Course Details

Options
  • 06-02-2013 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Dublin Insitiute of design - Interactive Media & Web Design Course Details
    Has anyone competed the Interactive Media & Web Design course in Dublin institute of design? Or has attended Dublin institute of design? I am thinking of doing the evening course there and am wondering if they are any good or are they a bit of a scam?

Would appreciate any feedback, Thanks smile.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Well they're BTEC accredited (somewhat the british equivilant of FETAC). Some would say the BTEC have stricter criterion and guidelines for their course providers than FETAC.

More abouut BTEC here.

As for the course, it's the first year it's been run afaik, so you won't find anyone that has completed it.

As for the college itself, it's smallish, with all the basic facilities. With regards to it's age, it's been around longer than some irish institutions (such as ITB) if that makes it in any way more reputable.

As for being a scam - I've no idea what your classification for a scam is, however I would presume the BTEC accreditation would mean it's not a scam, as I believe BTEC is accepted by most irish college's, and BTEC's are offered widely by other institutions around the country.
    In the UK, the Higher National Diploma is a vocational qualification, usually studied full-time, but can be studied part-time. It is roughly equivalent to the first two years of a 3 year degree level study or to the Diploma in Higher Education. In Scotland, the Higher National Diploma is aligned with the second year of a 4 year degree (Intermediate FHEQ level) and at level 8 of the SCQF.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mogorman

Hi KonFusion,

Thanks for that.

As for my use of the word scam, I was meaning are they up to what they are selling. I find with some Irish colleges might have an enticing course but the level of teaching isn't at a high level.

Don't know anything about DID so was wondering if this was the case, with the above course or similar courses in the institute.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

I did that course, its what got me started into website design, Rurai is a great lecturer and got me started into designing websites which i now do constantly.

The only Irk I have with them is that I did this course in the summer and am still waiting on my results.

Besides that everything was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mogorman

Hi Off the walls,

Thank you so much, was needing to get some feedback from the course before applying.

Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I did that course, its what got me started into website design, Rurai is a great lecturer and got me started into designing websites which i now do constantly.

The only Irk I have with them is that I did this course in the summer and am still waiting on my results.

Besides that everything was grand.

Did you do the 2 years or the 6 weeks? I wasn't aware the 2 year course had run before.

• Advertisement

I did the six week one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

What was the six week one like?

Its really good brings you through html and css and then we did some jquery and html 5 towards the end. Lots of notes that get you up to speed on what your doing.

Advertisement