Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adebayor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

plonker

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

he better put in some decent performances for the rest of the season because he has been sh$te sofar ,no one will buy him either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

spursman11 wrote: »
    he better put in some decent performances for the rest of the season because he has been sh$te sofar ,no one will buy him either

QPR will buy him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Some mess,unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

There goes my theory...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

irishmover wrote: »
    There goes my theory...

Your theory, do enlighten us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

QPR will buy him

I can't see him moving to the championship.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Your theory, do enlighten us?

That he'd come back in a different light. Actually interested in performing for club after having a good time in the ACN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I’ve said it dozens of times the guy is bad news, when he was on loan it was ideal. Once it was made permanent we’ve had it, money motivates him and not football. Always whinging about something, oh life’s so unfair.

He should be biting at the bit coming back to Tottenham in the position were in and to prove himself for the remaining season, desperately need him to start finding the back of the net. Will he? I can't imagine the fans being oh so patient if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well he is the sort that scores 10 goals in 10 games and does f' all the rest of the season so hopefully that's what we will get from him in the remaining fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Does anybody honestly really think that Adeboyor really give a flying f**k about Tottenham. We needed him at the time and still need him because of the striker situation. Ive never really warmed to him but I dont see us getting anybody better any time soon. Hes still young enough so he will be with us for another few years. Just my two cents

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I’ve said it dozens of times the guy is bad news, when he was on loan it was ideal. Once it was made permanent we’ve had it, money motivates him and not football. Always whinging about something, oh life’s so unfair.

He should be biting at the bit coming back to Tottenham in the position were in and to prove himself for the remaining season, desperately need him to start finding the back of the net. Will he? I can't imagine the fans being oh so patient if not.

Fully Agree mate.
    Glebee wrote: »
    Does anybody honestly really think that Adeboyor really give a flying f**k about Tottenham. We needed him at the time and still need him because of the striker situation. Ive never really warmed to him but I dont see us getting anybody better any time soon. Hes still young enough so he will be with us for another few years. Just my two cents

Not me anyway chief

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Before we jump the gun, there's another side to that story;
    Emmanuel Adebayor has made his way back to Tottenham. But it wasn't so simple as it sounds. Togo were knocked out of the African Nations Cup on Sunday night, news which was music to the ears of Tottenham fans after Jermain Defoe's injury hours earlier. But as with most situations surrounding the Togo national team, the journey home was not quite so simple.

The troubles began after the game, when on Monday, South African authorities accused to Togo players of causing damage to a hotel room in which they were staying following the defeat. Then when they arrived at the airport, the players refused to board the flight which had been chartered by the Togolese FA. They did not like the fact it would have to fly to Johannesburg from Nelspruit before heading to Paris, and began demanding alternative arrangements, arguing the diversion was a waste of their time.
    To resolve the solution, Adebayor took matters into his own hands, or more accurately, his wallet.

As reported by Brazilian website LanceNet, the Tottenham striker raided his own bank account to hire a private jet to take the players directly to Paris.
    With the team's players almost entirely playing their club football in Europe, Paris was a logical destination, and left the striker with a simple trip to London. They boarded this one without problem, with the team far happier with the solution, even if Adebayor was slightly less richer, although you suspect on his astronomical wages, it was just a drop in the ocean, but it is likely the principle and inconvenience which will frustrate the striker.
    Adebayor had to be talked into attending the tournament by the nation's president after a row over pay and conditions for the players had escalated, and you suspect this latest incident will only add fuel to that fire.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/02/06/the-bizarre-story-behind-emmanuel-adebayors-journey-back-to-tott/

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I still think some people do not like/will never warm to him because of his Arsenal days. Time to grow up gentlemen. He was immense for us last season. Unfortunately this season has been very stop start for him. Injured, suspended, injured again and then off to the ACN. I think the few games he played in the ACN will help him get his fitness/shapeness back.

Anyone remember the game v Newcastle this team last year. Adebayor was unbelievable that day. He set up 4 goals and scored one himself. Something similar this weekend will do nicely.

I wouldn’t be of the x Arsenal brigade, I wanted him at the club originally on loan. He made a career of scoring against us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

I still think some people do not like/will never warm to him because of his Arsenal days. Time to grow up gentlemen. He was immense for us last season. Unfortunately this season has been very stop start for him. Injured, suspended, injured again and then off to the ACN. I think the few games he played in the ACN will help him get his fitness/shapeness back.

Anyone remember the game v Newcastle this team last year. Adebayor was unbelievable that day. He set up 4 goals and scored one himself. Something similar this weekend will do nicely.

Was he really immense ? Had his days and then go on a dry patch... Much like the majority of our strikers over the years.

Not a fan, not due to his arsenal days/scoring against us but genuinely dont think he's good enough...

He was quality against Newcastle that day I'll agree and he did show good signs but for me he just disappointed misses so many opportunities 1v1 and he's so lazy.

Doesn't care about anyone but himself and that would be fine if he bothered trying when things go against him

Think I'd almost be happier with bale up top the way Ade has been this year

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Well he is the sort that scores 10 goals in 10 games and does f' all the rest of the season so hopefully that's what we will get from him in the remaining fixtures.

This is on the money. Sadly it's a bit risky. I hope we can offload him in the summer and get a decent replacement. We need a clinical finisher badly.

yr54946_created.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

adebayor1024_2815060.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Valcin

I don't see what adebayer did wrong here. He seems to get unfair press a lot of the time. Avb said he gave him a few days off after ACN. It was the same when he went in the first place, everyone giving out sh!t about him for wanting to represent his country. If he was irish no one would complain. He was class for spurs last year. He's coming back from injury this year, give him a chance. Talk of selling him is ridiculous, to get a replacement would cost a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I agree he should be given a fair chance. He's not had the best of seasons, with injuries and then the red against the gooners, his morale was probably low. I feel he needed this time away in order to come back stronger. Looking forward to seeing how he links up with Holtby, it could be a match made in heaven, better than he had with VDV last year.

Didn't train today apparently , might be arriving home tonight ,jokebox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hatch99 wrote: »

If this is true I completely agree. There is absolutely no reason why he couldn't make it back for tomorrow's game, and if he hasn't come back until now he shouldn't even be in the squad, much and all as we need him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Ade is acting like a complete donkey. He has a chance to become our first choice striker and he doesn't even show up for training

Play holtby behind Dempsey today and let ade at home and get rid during summer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

mickman wrote: »
    Ade is acting like a complete donkey. He has a chance to become our first choice striker and he doesn't even show up for training

Play holtby behind Dempsey today and let ade at home and get rid during summer

I am looking forward to him proving all you guys wrong.

Am I the only one that thought Adebayor was garbage last night ? I thought I heard some of the fans getting on his back a couple of times too. He just looks like a guy that isn't one bit interested in playing for Spurs. I think Gylfi worked harder in 10 minutes than Adebayor did in 90.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I think he's been told to draw defenders away from Bale,

Am I the only one that thought Adebayor was garbage last night ? I thought I heard some of the fans getting on his back a couple of times too. He just looks like a guy that isn't one bit interested in playing for Spurs. I think Gylfi worked harder in 10 minutes than Adebayor did in 90.

No truer statement, was hoping he'd get more than 10 minutes. His form has been average at best, but he looks hungry and would want to end on a high or he could be shown the door come the summer. Reading wanted him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Am I the only one that thought Adebayor was garbage last night? Hopefully he'll prove me wrong....

I thought he did ok in the first half but ran out of steam in the second. No real service either maybe due to Parker playing more advanced than Dembele. We lacked any real creativity last night but I wouldn't put that down to Adebayor. Would like to see Holtby start in behind him in the next game with Bale and Lennon on the wings. He'll come good!

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I think he's been told to draw defenders away from Bale,

:D
    Sugarlumps wrote: »

No truer statement, was hoping he'd get more than 10 minutes. His form has been average at best, but he looks hungry and would want to end on a high or he could be shown the door come the summer. Reading wanted him?

I'd would have liked to see Gylfy brought on in the middle in place of Dembele last night, he'd do better insider rather than out wide I think.

Advertisement