Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adebayor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Levy won't be left short changed that's for sure. The above figure sounds on the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

There's a good chance he'll get lazy again, get dropped, ponce around til his contract runs down, then see out his days at Shanghai Shenua.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

[IMG][/img]Bc6daxOCYAAPP8F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Ormus wrote: »
    There's a good chance he'll get lazy again, get dropped, ponce around til his contract runs down, then see out his days at Shanghai Shenua.

Once he keeps his head together til the end of the season I'll be happy.

Anyone know when his contract expires? His performance on Saturday was just embarrassing. We desperately need a striker to replace him in January, someone who genuinely cares.

I can't stomach him starting another game, save his special talents for Europe/Sub. Sherwood was a miracle worker. He's a poisonous player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Anyone know when his contract expires? His performance on Saturday was just embarrassing. We desperately need a striker to replace him in January, someone who genuinely cares.

I can't stomach him starting another game, save his special talents for Europe/Sub. Sherwood was a miracle worker. He's a poisonous player.

save his special talents for the reserves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

He is an absolute prrick. He proved under Sherwood he can do it when he wants. We should play Soldado and Kane til Christmas and then spend some money.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    He is an absolute prrick. He proved under Sherwood he can do it when he wants. We should play Soldado and Kane til Christmas and then spend some money.

if we had a top striker i reckon we could have scored 2 or 3 on saturday. we looked dangerous every time we broke with some pace on the counter attack

mickman wrote: »
    if we had a top striker i reckon we could have scored 2 or 3 on saturday. we looked dangerous every time we broke with some pace on the counter attack

I thought they were there for the taking playing the highline, there general play was so slow. The striker scenario is depressing. We might get someone in January as a stop gap. Realistically, we'll have to wait till the summer. Soldado has got to be given a decent run.

http://thinkfootball.co.uk/is-an-inconsistent-emmanuel-adebayor-good-enough-for-a-side-with-spurs-ambition/?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

he is toxic to the club-no awareness or effort and against the gunners of all teams, he may have well had been blindfolded and drugged for he literally did fukk all, hopefully redknapps dog still has some untracable cash hidden away in the account to take ade off our hands. . soldado needs to start soldado in EVERY game poch with kane on the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Even the arsenal fans over in the soccer forum thought his performance was a disgrace ... says it all really.

The human lamp post I think one of them referred to him as...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

davycc wrote: »
    he is toxic to the club-no awareness or effort and against the gunners of all teams, he may have well had been blindfolded and drugged for he literally did fukk all, hopefully redknapps dog still has some untracable cash hidden away in the account to take ade off our hands. . soldado needs to start soldado in EVERY game poch with kane on the bench

What worries me most is that Pochettino made him vice captain. Even at his best his attitude always stank so I have no idea what that was about. Very worrying especially as players like Eriksen, Vertonghen, Soldado, Paulinho, Bentaleb, Dembele all clearly look unhappy (though obviously not perfect themselves). If I was them watching Adebayor being made vice captain Id be disgusted.

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Hardly true. Hopefully not anyway. Form is one thing but effort should be there every game and it's almost never there with this guy

I hate this guy. Poch is probably afraid to drop him after what happened to AVB. Moreover since Adebayor is on big money he's even more undroppable.

Can't understand why we ever signed him. He left most of his other clubs acrimoniously and was obviously a bad egg. Can't fathom why the usually shrewd Levy signed him on big money.

Anyone know how long a contract this villain has?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

I hate this guy. Poch is probably afraid to drop him after what happened to AVB. Moreover since Adebayor is on big money he's even more undroppable.

Can't understand why we ever signed him. He left most of his other clubs acrimoniously and was obviously a bad egg. Can't fathom why the usually shrewd Levy signed him on big money.

Anyone know how long a contract this villain has?

Till 2016.

Sigh...hopefully it's January 2016 then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Are we watching the same games? seriously, just because the guy isn't scoring goals at the moment, isn't automatically down to a 'poor attitude and poor work rate'. He has been pressing from the front adequately I feel for a loan striker reserving energy for breaks forward. Also makes runs down the channel and on the wings this is work that opens up space in the centre for the likes of Eriksen/Lamela/Chadli.

He was just a step behind much of the play for last few games, which I feel is more down to just form, than work rate. And lets admit it the team has been playing pretty terribly, very stop start not much fluency; we got lucky with some of our results already.

I would find it difficult to play if everyone was on my back every week, especially if I was genuinely working hard. While he is being selected by MoPo let's please get behind him, and cheer him - even if he doesn't score. We're making it 10x more difficult from the start with these kind of attitudes towards players, and it shows in our home games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

ive given up on him and he only has his ****e work rate and attitude to blame he is such a lazy mercenary who couldnt care less about the jersey or the fans who pay his mega salary:mad:
    i hope he never plays for us again:mad:

Kimsang wrote: »
    Are we watching the same games? seriously, just because the guy isn't scoring goals at the moment, isn't automatically down to a 'poor attitude and poor work rate'. He has been pressing from the front adequately I feel for a loan striker reserving energy for breaks forward. Also makes runs down the channel and on the wings this is work that opens up space in the centre for the likes of Eriksen/Lamela/Chadli.

He was just a step behind much of the play for last few games, which I feel is more down to just form, than work rate. And lets admit it the team has been playing pretty terribly, very stop start not much fluency; we got lucky with some of our results already.

I would find it difficult to play if everyone was on my back every week, especially if I was genuinely working hard. While he is being selected by MoPo let's please get behind him, and cheer him - even if he doesn't score. We're making it 10x more difficult from the start with these kind of attitudes towards players, and it shows in our home games.

Loan striker ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

mickman wrote: »
    Loan striker ?

Lone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Was a loan striker, is now a lone striker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

In fairness to Kimsang the guys on MOTD slated Lukaku for his lack of quality and work rate yesterday, but complimented Adebayor on his movement and link up play.

A lot of people on here were wondering why we didn't spend £32m on Lukaku. The grass is always greener...

I can't wait till were rid of him. He had an okay game yesterday wow wee, about time, he's done nothing up till now. It's the same scenario with him each season. Never wanted Lukaku, his link up play stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Bony is the man we need.

Big, strong, clever, good link up play, scores goals and plays as a lone striker.

He'll be pricey though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

'Arry took Jenas, Sandro and now Adebayor....the man is a legend! Poor QPR...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

'Arry took Jenas, Sandro and now Adebayor....the main is a legend! Poor QPR...:D

Just imagine who we would have been signing if he was still manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

If he does go, who are we going to sign? We're hardly blessed in the striker department

• Advertisement

Damiao of course!! :D

Advertisement