Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adebayor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

If ever this guy owed us a performance, it's this weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

He needs to stay on the pitch this time around too.
    The last thing we need is for someone to get an early bath. I'd be worried about Holtby - he's a bit of a hot head, the occasion might get the better of him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

just seen this pop up in my FB feed..

Id love if they sold the lazy bastard. He has had enough chances by now imho. P45 time if he aint gonna pull his weight (which he hasnt been doing since getting his perm contract). I know all about his off the field problems & I sympathise but ive had enough of him mugging off the fans the manager the club & his team mates ..we may as well be playing wit 10men when he gets his game he is a donkey with no 1st touch who gets beaten to the ball 99% of the time in every game. he should be at QPR where other overpaid primadonnas with that attitude have QPR relegated already..

http://www.givemefootball.com/333162-spurs-to-axe-100000aweek-star-to-make-room-for-brazil-forward

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

It must be just me....
    I cant bring myself to slag the man off!
    I still think he'll come good..just having one of them Torres spells....
    I'd be thrilled skinny if he does the business on sunday ...which i actually think he will.

Spurs 2-1 Arselol.

It must be just me....
    I cant bring myself to slag the man off!
    I still think he'll come good..just having one of them Torres spells....
    I'd be thrilled skinny if he does the business on sunday ...which i actually think he will.

Spurs 2-1 Arselol.

Hope it doesn't last as long as his dodgy spell ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Hope it doesn't last as long as his dodgy spell ;)

AVB is being diplomatic with Ade because he is the only striker available, He's no fool but I think Ade goes as soon as they can get rid of him. Cant be soon enough as far as I am concerned. I will still love the big **** if he gets the winner on sunday. (for at least 3 months)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Personally I'd rather never see him in a spurs shirt again. No heart, no effort, no commitment, no intrest. No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Was this fella injured at the weekend ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Was this fella injured at the weekend ?

Think someone said he tweaked a knee in training

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Sugarlumps wrote: »

We'll be luck to find someone to take him off our hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Pure rag. If we went to Wigan with no striker on the bench and left a fit Adebayor at home AVB is an idiot.

I still defend the chap, arguably our best player last season. If he stays he'll come good next season, he's struggled with injury for most of this season.

I still believe Defoe was given a new deal so that he would play with confidence this season and we'd get a better price for him in the summer. Expect him to be sold.

Pure rag. If we went to Wigan with no striker on the bench and left a fit Adebayor at home AVB is an idiot.

I still defend the chap, arguably our best player last season. If he stays he'll come good next season, he's struggled with injury for most of this season.

I still believe Defoe was given a new deal so that he would play with confidence this season and we'd get a better price for him in the summer. Expect him to be sold.

Can't but disagree mate. How you can say Defoe will be sold before Adebayor ? I'm not JD's biggest fan but he has offered a lot more this season than Adebayor. This guy has done nothing this season, literally. I understand he has had a hard time to a certain degree but I have heard too many excuses. It doesn't cost anything to put some effort in, there has been countless occasions this season where he has hardly raised a gallop in games. As far as I'm concerened, we need to get rid ASAP. Wasting 100k p/w on this fella.

I think AVB has been very patient with Ade this year given his form and effort and his late return from Africa. I did expect AVB to keep up the charade of talking up Ade to keep him somewhat interested until the seasons end. I'm speculating here, maybe something happened that forced AVB's hand? Jermain Defoe blows hot and cold, can look top class or useless. Spurs need someone dependable. Someone who will score 20 every season. It will cost money for that. We also need someone young and hungry as back up, who won't sulk if he doesn't play every week. I don't think Defoe is this type of player as he has to be played when in form and confident. I think it will cost 30 to 40 million to get two players of this calibre. I cant see this happening unless we qualify for CL first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Can't but disagree mate. How you can say Defoe will be sold before Adebayor?

As far as I'm concerened, we need to get rid ASAP. Wasting 100k p/w on this fella.

Don''t get me wrong, I understand I'm in the minority here. I just think he's had a tough season injured, then reliving the trauma of the AFCON and then injured again. For me Defoe offers very little bar the odd screamer, "he's a yiddo" and all that but he's too greedy, never squares it when it's on. Wigan totally nulified him for the majority of the game and then he had once chance to square it and didn't.

We spent £5m on Adebayor (one of the EPL top strikers - his goals and assists got us fourth position). If he was on £50k p/w he would have cost three or four times as much. It's just a different way of spending the money. I don't believe all that mercanary BS.

Strange one I guess but I hope he comes good. And I still believe Bale prefers to play with Adebayor (last season they were like kids celebrating goals scored) and has stated Defoe is too greedy.

Just saw something on my sky sport news App 'Ade: I wont be forced out' or something to that effect.

He knows the door is open for him to leave but he hasn't a hope of getting the kind of wages he's on at spurs elsewhere after this seasons performances.

Best we can hope for it that some money crazy Russian or Arab club come calling.

But for what its worth, I too agree that something else is up with Ade - not necessarily injurys but something like a personal private issue that we are not aware off. If he can deal with that then he might come good next season but I dont think we can take the risk and would rather we sold him for nothing in order to free up the wages to be honest.

I don't believe all I read in the papers but you have to look at the evidence, Ade's form drops after the contracts are signed.

So maybe he is suffering from post-contract syndrome.

Maybe he has personal issues that need to be worked out. How long would that take by the time he accepts this and gets it solved. 3months? never?

Looking at it from Ade's perspective, sure he is right to look after number one, but as a fan of Spurs I want a striker who gives 100%. If a player is not playing well you would, at least expect him to put in the effort. This is not the case with the big fella.

So from my perspective F*ck off Ade to pastures greener and lets have someone with less issues and more energy and consistancy to replace you.

Ah its great to get that out. I feel better already!

How anyone could justify holding onto this player is comical.

• Advertisement

Don''t get me wrong, I understand I'm in the minority here. I just think he's had a tough season injured, then reliving the trauma of the AFCON and then injured again. For me Defoe offers very little bar the odd screamer, "he's a yiddo" and all that but he's too greedy, never squares it when it's on. Wigan totally nulified him for the majority of the game and then he had once chance to square it and didn't.

We spent £5m on Adebayor (one of the EPL top strikers - his goals and assists got us fourth position). If he was on £50k p/w he would have cost three or four times as much. It's just a different way of spending the money. I don't believe all that mercanary BS.

Strange one I guess but I hope he comes good. And I still believe Bale prefers to play with Adebayor (last season they were like kids celebrating goals scored) and has stated Defoe is too greedy.

I don't disagree on Defoe, your right, he's too greedy. He's far from the top striker we need, but at least he has been lively and working hard, the other fella has contributed next to nothing. It's a bad sign when the crowd start cheering just because he has raised a gallop which is what's happened recently. I'd get rid at the first opportunity during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I don't disagree on Defoe, your right, he's too greedy. He's far from the top striker we need, but at least he has been lively and working hard, the other fella has contributed next to nothing. It's a bad sign when the crowd start cheering just because he has raised a gallop which is what's happened recently. I'd get rid at the first opportunity during the summer.

Will there be an opportunity, that's the question

I mean who would buy him ?

mickman wrote: »
    Will there be an opportunity, that's the question

I mean who would buy him ?

Your right, that'll be our biggest problem.

Your right, that'll be our biggest problem.

Out only hope is psg / Middle East/ USA

Don't think anyone else will touch him

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Out only hope is psg / Middle East/ USA

Don't think anyone else will touch him
    I'd imagine plenty of clubs would be in for him if he is available on loan considering his record whilst on loan. Not sure if Levy would allow that though, I'd say he would be lookin for a big fee for him.

We don't sell anyone until we buy first.

I'd rather keep Defoe over Ade.

The reality is that we need 2 quality strikers but we also need 2 squad players to provide cover and competition but also someone who will make an impact when given an opportunity.. Defoe is probably the best player out there who's within our scope and who ticks those boxes.

We don't sell anyone until we buy first.

I'd rather keep Defoe over Ade.

The reality is that we need 2 quality strikers but we also need 2 squad players to provide cover and competition but also someone who will make an impact when given an opportunity.. Defoe is probably the best player out there who's within our scope and who ticks those boxes.

Defoe also loves the club and has always given his all and been loyal

Even when he was messed around and sold off he wanted to come back

I for one think he should be kept until retirement now

Same here, I’d like to see him finish his career off at Tottenham. He’s in the top ten off all time goal scorers.

He’s greedy by nature (a little less so this year) but he’s still bagged double figures for the season, he’s been injured also. Different story is he was netting five goals a season. Great player to have as an impact sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Defoe also loves the club and has always given his all and been loyal

Even when he was messed around and sold off he wanted to come back

I for one think he should be kept until retirement now

Not just this but Defoe is hugely involved with the local community. There's a bigger picture than just the football.

To be honest though. He had a very good first half of the season. If he maintained that he'd be 20+ in the PL by now. He's 6 goals I think off 4th all time top goalscorer for the club. He signed a new contract in the summer. I don't really see him going anywhere. He loves the club.

Also, he buys a box every season. 'Jermain Defoe Enterprises' I believe he calls it. I seen people in it at the Fulham match but didn't recognize them.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    Not just this but Defoe is hugely involved with the local community. There's a bigger picture than just the football.

To be honest though. He had a very good first half of the season. If he maintained that he'd be 20+ in the PL by now. He's 6 goals I think off 4th all time top goalscorer for the club. He signed a new contract in the summer. I don't really see him going anywhere. He loves the club.

Also, he buys a box every season. 'Jermain Defoe Enterprises' I believe he calls it. I seen people in it at the Fulham match but didn't recognize them.

He prob gives it out to local people, he really is a good guy

Advertisement