Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adebayor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

So why would Defoe make the comments about him that he was important to the squad.....I like the guy and when he is on song , a top and proven player. Poor last year due a huge loss of confidence , but I would keep him and play him in Europe and in the Cups

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

mickman wrote: »
    This guy sounds like he is trying to convince the fans that he is desperate to play for spurs and its the managers fault

Very clever but very untrue in my opinion

You're a very cynical man Mick!;)

What else can the player do? He has had no preason mostly due to the death of his brother. The manager has told him to get fit before he can be included in the first team squad. This is something Sandro, Holtby, Kaboul all had to do and I don't think Adebayor is being treated any differently.

On form he's a great player to have in the squad. Soldado can't play every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

What else can the player do? He has had no preason mostly due to the death of his brother. The manager has told him to get fit before he can be included in the first team squad. This is something Sandro, Holtby, Kaboul all had to do and I don't think Adebayor is being treated any differently.

On form he's a great player to have in the squad. Soldado can't play every game.

I wouldn't dispute his ability once he's fully fit. But when 30k odd fans cheers because a fella has sprinted during a game, it says it all for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

There's a difference between been short on confidence and short on motivation.

If you failing to make key passes and hit the target then fair enough -you're short on confidence, if you can't be bothered to run into space, challenges opposition players, compete for headers and get jeered when you sprint for the first time in 5 games then you're short on motivation (and professionalism).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

You dont think he is being treated differently ? Listen to the interview when AVB was asked if adebayour will play again for spurs. There is a problem between manager and adebayour and thats for sure.

Harry kane was on the bench on sunday, are you telling me that if there was no problem with ade then a half fit adebayour wouldnt get ahead of kane on the bench ?? Of course he would, he is not making the bench because of the antics last year when he didnt return from international duty

AVB wants winners / hard workers and strong personalities in his team- adebayour is none of these, he is a joker and a clown who has thrown away ever opportunity given to him by various managers

• Advertisement

You dont think he is being treated differently ? Listen to the interview when AVB was asked if adebayour will play again for spurs. There is a problem between manager and adebayour and thats for sure.

Harry kane was on the bench on sunday, are you telling me that if there was no problem with ade then a half fit adebayour wouldnt get ahead of kane on the bench ?? Of course he would, he is not making the bench because of the antics last year when he didnt return from international duty

AVB wants winners / hard workers and strong personalities in his team- adebayour is none of these, he is a joker and a clown who has thrown away ever opportunity given to him by various managers

AVB said he would have to train with the development squad and get fit. Everybody knows this is how AVB works. He can't walk back into the team because he's a t'riffic player. He has to earn the right to be in the squad. If Adebayor is at 50% fitness and Kane is at 100% fitness then Kane is there on merit. The last thing anyone wants is a half fit player on the bench to come on an have no effect. The cynics would lambast him further!

Ade's tweet "Big game today, good luck Spurs. Training hard and feeling good. Have a great Sunday everyone!" sounds to me like he's putting the head down and getting on with things..

Why do you reckon it's "very clever but very untrue"....?

AVB said he would have to train with the development squad and get fit. Everybody knows this is how AVB works. He can't walk back into the team because he's a t'riffic player. He has to earn the right to be in the squad. If Adebayor is at 50% fitness and Kane is at 100% fitness then Kane is there on merit. The last thing anyone wants is a half fit player on the bench to come on an have no effect. The cynics would lambast him further!

Ade's tweet "Big game today, good luck Spurs. Training hard and feeling good. Have a great Sunday everyone!" sounds to me like he's putting the head down and getting on with things..

Why do you reckon it's "very clever but very untrue"....?

Cos it makes avb sound to be the villian here i.e. avb wont let him back into the squad.

I might be completely wrong and i hope i am but i just dont trust this guy. The fact he is drawing such huge wages is indeed sickening

Avb said "its a possibility" if adebayour will ever again play for spurs! - that to me sounds there is much bigger issues then fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Cos it makes avb sound to be the villian here i.e. avb wont let him back into the squad.

I might be completely wrong and i hope i am but i just dont trust this guy. The fact he is drawing such huge wages is indeed sickening

Avb said "its a possibility" if adebayour will ever again play for spurs! - that to me sounds there is much bigger issues then fitness

I think you are correct, he can't be trusted. Nobody knows what to expect from him. I cant see AVB risking him in any game of importance unless he is the last mand standing. Ade's time is almost up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

Have to agree. Talented player, but terrible attitude. Plays when he feels like it; goes missing the rest of the time. Shocking that he is being paid so much for doing so little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Emmanuel Adebayor @E_Adebayor 49m
    Great win tonight, going to bed, training in the morning. Have a good night guys. COYS

I'm afraid Ade, the bar has been raised, you need to put in some serious effort now that Defoe is banging them in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

The word is that Ade is back with the first team squad from Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

PVincent wrote: »
    The word is that Ade is back with the first team squad from Monday

I've no problem with that as long as he puts in the effort, we know he can

The Togo striker has been put to work in the White Hart Lane kitchen.

Adebayor is surplice to requirements at the North London club's first team following the big-money signing of Roberto Soldado, but the club has recognised that his height and slim-build make him perfect for fetching pots down from high shelves and cleaning inside the food processor.

“Emmanuel is tall and excellent in the air,” said head porter Elsie Banks, “In the past if we wanted to get a colander down we had to fetch a chair but he can reach up without even standing on his tiptoes. I don't know how we coped without him.”

“You can tell he's not used to working in a kitchen though. When I asked him to chop some veg, he asked what size of bonus he'd get per carrot. Would it be the ten grand he gets for scoring a goal?”

“I said I'd have to check with Mr Villas-Boas.”

Lucy Spinks is the sous chef, “To be honest, the boy's a useless pain in the arse. At lunch he dropped a tray of lasagnes and did a just stupid ****-eating grin. I asked him what the hell he thought was so funny and he just shrugged.”

“There's no way he's worth the 90 grand a week they're paying him here. The rest of us are on 8 quid an hour.”

@E_Adebayor “Hey guys, today was my first day back training with the first team. Good to be back and feeling good! Have a great day everyone!”

Makes for good competition for places. Still think he can link up well on the left side of Soldado, Lamela on the right. Fingers crossed he knuckles down:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

@E_Adebayor “Hey guys, today was my first day back training with the first team. Good to be back and feeling good! Have a great day everyone!”

Makes for good competition for places. Still think he can link up well on the left side of Soldado, Lamela on the right. Fingers crossed he knuckles down:rolleyes::rolleyes:

lads, would you not agree if he can get his head together and play he'd be invaluable. on his day he's class. We just need him to have a few more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Eamo71 wrote: »
    lads, would you not agree if he can get his head together and play he'd be invaluable. on his day he's class. We just need him to have a few more days.

For sure he is best striker we have if he can get his act together.

It's a big IF though.

Nobody questions his ability, his attitude and willingness to work hard is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

i dont know if its just me, or if its my tottenham blood... my son feels the same way about this...
    We NEVER diss spurs players whilst their still playing for our beloved Spurs.
    Hardly ever even do so when they leave...still have soft spots Modric and Berba..:o
    I still feel Ade will do the business for us.

celt262 wrote: »
    For sure he is best striker we have if he can get his act together.

It's a big IF though.

best striker we have ? I wouldnt agree

Soldado is the best striker we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

In my opinion if he turned into the player that he can be i think we'd be very close to the title come the end of the season. He's suxh a waste of talent but having said that I'd say the guy has his demons too.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    In my opinion if he turned into the player that he can be i think we'd be very close to the title come the end of the season. He's suxh a waste of talent but having said that I'd say the guy has his demons too.

I have my demons too but still show up for work every day :-)

I have my demons too but still show up for work every day :-)

Me too, however mine are not the scale of this fellas. Hope he proves his doubters wrong, he showed signs of his class at the end of last season with MOTM performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

The biggest problem is he isn't going to get the game time to play himself into form unless we have injuries, I won't hold my breath.

Lots of us have lost close friends and family, do we piss about for a few weeks after, no, we get back to work. He owes us a lot this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Very few of us have the hopes of 7 million people resting on our shoulders when we go to work. Nor do we have our work colleagues slaughtered in front of our eyes on the bus on the way to work.

I'll put my neck on the line and I'm gonna say very few of us have had to get over the above and then lose a brother.... when you get back to work you arrive with a very public questioning of your commitment and performance.

The main issue is, Adebayor deals with real third world problems each day (letters from African fans and charities) but lives and works in the first world.

I'm not making excuses for him or saying Adebayor should be allowed collect his €100,000 a week wages and do nothing to earn them..... but for f*ck sake, the lad has had a truly tough year, give him a break and definitely do not compare any of your problems to his.*

*Unless, while sitting at your desk reading Boards.ie, your colleagues are being slaughtered by balaclava'd terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

This thread has made me chuckle, its the thread that keeps giving. Long may it continue.

Very few of us have the hopes of 7 million people resting on our shoulders when we go to work. Nor do we have our work colleagues slaughtered in front of our eyes on the bus on the way to work.

I'll put my neck on the line and I'm gonna say very few of us have had to get over the above and then lose a brother.... when you get back to work you arrive with a very public questioning of your commitment and performance.

The main issue is, Adebayor deals with real third world problems each day (letters from African fans and charities) but lives and works in the first world.

I'm not making excuses for him or saying Adebayor should be allowed collect his €100,000 a week wages and do nothing to earn them..... but for f*ck sake, the lad has had a truly tough year, give him a break and definitely do not compare any of your problems to his.*

*Unless, while sitting at your desk reading Boards.ie, your colleagues are being slaughtered by balaclava'd terrorists.

Ade, is that you ;)

best striker we have ? I wouldnt agree

Soldado is the best striker we have.

he's potentially the best. On form at the moment Defoe is. Soldado has to actually start scoring goals from play to be considered our best striker. he even under hit that pass for Siggurdson's goal on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

he's potentially the best. On form at the moment Defoe is. Soldado has to actually start scoring goals from play to be considered our best striker. he even under hit that pass for Siggurdson's goal on Saturday.

It would probably have been in row Z if Defoe was playing, he wouldn't even have bothered looking for Gyfli.

I would say Soldado is at least as good a finisher as Defoe, he hasn't really missed a chance yet, the difference is we have been creating better chances against the weaker opposition Defoe plays against.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Don't worry, Soldado will get back to scoring goals. I put him in to my Fantasy Football team after the first two weeks of the season, he hasn't scored since so I've dropped him. He'll definitely score this weekend!

• Advertisement

GS11 wrote: »
    It would probably have been in row Z if Defoe was playing, he wouldn't even have bothered looking for Gyfli.

I would say Soldado is at least as good a finisher as Defoe, he hasn't really missed a chance yet, the difference is we have been creating better chances against the weaker opposition Defoe plays against.

Don't get me wrong I'm not Defoe's biggest fan and I'd agree with what you say to some extent. he'd a big chance to score on Saturday and blew it which is typical Defoe.
    Don't worry, Soldado will get back to scoring goals. I put him in to my Fantasy Football team after the first two weeks of the season, he hasn't scored since so I've dropped him. He'll definitely score this weekend!

hahah maybe you should take off your Soldado underpants as well? ;-)

Advertisement