Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adebayor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

i dont know if its just me, or if its my tottenham blood... my son feels the same way about this...
    We NEVER diss spurs players whilst their still playing for our beloved Spurs.
    Hardly ever even do so when they leave...still have soft spots Modric and Berba..:o
    I still feel Ade will do the business for us.

I really hope your right but I believe you are wrong about Ade. Waste of time.

Very few of us have the hopes of 7 million people resting on our shoulders when we go to work. Nor do we have our work colleagues slaughtered in front of our eyes on the bus on the way to work.

I'll put my neck on the line and I'm gonna say very few of us have had to get over the above and then lose a brother.... when you get back to work you arrive with a very public questioning of your commitment and performance.

The main issue is, Adebayor deals with real third world problems each day (letters from African fans and charities) but lives and works in the first world.

I'm not making excuses for him or saying Adebayor should be allowed collect his €100,000 a week wages and do nothing to earn them..... but for f*ck sake, the lad has had a truly tough year, give him a break and definitely do not compare any of your problems to his.*

*Unless, while sitting at your desk reading Boards.ie, your colleagues are being slaughtered by balaclava'd terrorists.

Yes you are making excuses for him. Some of the excuses are really good excuses and I think he may be using them to take the piss. Cant wait to see some sucker come along and buy him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Very few of us have the hopes of 7 million people resting on our shoulders when we go to work. Nor do we have our work colleagues slaughtered in front of our eyes on the bus on the way to work.

I'll put my neck on the line and I'm gonna say very few of us have had to get over the above and then lose a brother.... when you get back to work you arrive with a very public questioning of your commitment and performance.

The main issue is, Adebayor deals with real third world problems each day (letters from African fans and charities) but lives and works in the first world.

I'm not making excuses for him or saying Adebayor should be allowed collect his €100,000 a week wages and do nothing to earn them..... but for f*ck sake, the lad has had a truly tough year, give him a break and definitely do not compare any of your problems to his.*

*Unless, while sitting at your desk reading Boards.ie, your colleagues are being slaughtered by balaclava'd terrorists.

Why doesn't he take a 6 month unpaid leave of absense then as a mark of respect to his employer I.e the Tottenham fans

He had a chance to leave and play regularly but he didn't go cos he has no interest in playing regularly

And by the way , lots of players from the poorer countries including brazil and Argentina have had tough times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

mickman wrote: »
    And by the way , lots of players from the poorer countries including brazil and Argentina have had tough times

And they usually go home to their home countries to make their career playing football.

You seem to forget the first season Ade had with us, he was awesome, really world class. I for one can't wait to see him get a run on the wing with Eriksen and Lamela behind Soldado

And they usually go home to their home countries to make their career playing football.

You seem to forget the first season Ade had with us, he was awesome, really world class. I for one can't wait to see him get a run on the wing with Eriksen and Lamela behind Soldado

Sorry for being "bad cop" on the Ade thing but he was not world class in his first season with us. He had a good first season. Gareth Bale was world class last season especially the 2nd half of it. I know he could be a really good player but its a rarity. He is undependable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Sorry for being "bad cop" on the Ade thing but he was not world class in his first season with us. He had a good first season. Gareth Bale was world class last season especially the 2nd half of it. I know he could be a really good player but its a rarity. He is undependable.

Classic Spurs player so... ;-)

He won't play on the wing as its too hard work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Last season EL ,even taking a penaly kick is too hard work for him.big lazy donkey with no respect for the club or fans.

I have my own demons too but I still work every day I can get & I still give 100% in the 3 full games I play every week...

He needs to go in Jan if we get any striker in.he will be 4th choice then maybe he will do the decent thing & fook off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Adebayor rumour doing the rounds...
    Adebayor had a training injury on Tuesday then failed to report for last nights game. Villas Boas says in chairmans hands

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Adebayor rumour doing the rounds...

and some people continue to defend him ;)

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    and some people continue to defend him ;)

Get him out!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

an absolutely disgusting individual, an unashamed mercenary hopefully he can be ditched for breach of contract or something , if the rumour is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

And he's not a winger

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If it's true, and that's a big if when it comes to rumours...then he needs to go. Keep fining him his wages for carrying on like this, and ship him out at a loss if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3Kx__yVX67Gz4zbmoTf6JXAKMkpomHrY1UoZjetw9A2GPwvcJuA

Where did these rumours circulate from? Trawled a few sites, drew a blank. I'd like to see him back in the fold, games are gonna come thick and fast.

It came from the anti-adebayor group, I'm the chairman ;)

I'm not a fan but until he finds another club then 'd like to see him get a run out, link up with some of the newer players. I presume he'd still fancy a kick about? But with these cold nights approaching maybe not. Either that or Soldado is the lone striker for the season.

He was at the qpr Wigan game last night with kenwyne jones

He was at the qpr Wigan game last night with kenwyne jones

Hopefully having meeting with 'Arry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

You're making it up lads!:P:P

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Bah! "although it is questionable whether it really is the Spurs man"

Doesn't look like him at all, apart from the fact the guy in the photo is black. And why would he sitting in the stand and not a box?

Bah! "although it is questionable whether it really is the Spurs man"

Doesn't look like him at all, apart from the fact the guy in the photo is black. And why would he sitting in the stand and not a box?

Are you his agent :D;)

He showed a bit of desire yesterday. Hopefully he can form a partnership with Soldado and get back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

He showed a bit of desire yesterday. Hopefully he can form a partnership with Soldado and get back on track.
    We badly need that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

We need something, but once a mercenary always a mercenary I get the feeling that with the January transfer window just around the corner, mr adebeyor will once again get his finger out.
    If he is still at the club in February his form will disappear, I hope he proves me wrong but I don't think so . It's the biggest worry with him if you have him as a regular he plays for a couple of games and then disappears again.
    So avb will have wasted his time setting a formation based on adebeyor deciding to earn his wages and it will be back to square one.

• Advertisement

curraghyid wrote: »
    We need something, but once a mercenary always a mercenary I get the feeling that with the January transfer window just around the corner, mr adebeyor will once again get his finger out.
    If he is still at the club in February his form will disappear, I hope he proves me wrong but I don't think so . It's the biggest worry with him if you have him as a regular he plays for a couple of games and then disappears again.
    So avb will have wasted his time setting a formation based on adebeyor deciding to earn his wages and it will be back to square one.

I agree with you to an extent. Though, we could always use the window as motivation for Adebayor, sell him come January for £5m and then replace him with a better, younger, version of himself. Knowing that such a player can fit straight in to the team. :)

Advertisement