Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adebayor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I agree with you to an extent. Though, we could always use the window as motivation for Adebayor, sell him come January for £5m and then replace him with a better, younger, version of himself. Knowing that such a player can fit straight in to the team. :)

Lads he won't leave unless someone pays him savage money, and who would do that considering what he has or hasn't done season to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lads he won't leave unless someone pays him savage money, and who would do that considering what he has or hasn't done season to date.

yeah i know he has what he has, but between his own ego and his agent ,he probably still believes a current champions league club could come in for him and match what he is on and if it dosent happen he wont be too bothered because he will still be on a fat wedge every week at spurs for doing sweet FA.

Unless he has a moment of clarity and decides to have a bit of self respect and play football to the level every one knows he can,doubt it tough.

On a more positive note we can still win the league cup, europa cup and fa cup and we are only 2 points off 4th, we can all remember the days when being in that position coming into december was a far off dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

It appears Adebayor has got himself a part time job:D
    1415138_10151879393678505_256461900_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

He already has one.

@E_Adebayor: I apologise to all Spurs fans who thought from the Assou-Ekotto picture that we were making fun out of the defeat. That picture was taken BEFORE the game.I couldn't have possibly known the score.I would NEVER DO THAT. That pose is how I pose in all my pictures....

It's true.

• Advertisement

Fair play to the big man, what an interview, nearly brought me to tears (could be the hangover)

Class is permanent lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'm glad Ade scored a couple for us today to win the points. He has to show form consistently before he earns the trust of the fans. Hope he continues in this vein but I'm not putting money on that happening. Would be a really great positive for us if he does.

Yeah mate. He has only himself to blame regarding AVB's treatment of him. Some of his "performances" last season were shocking...not to mention that penalty against Basel.

If he does the business week in, week out then I'll be his biggest fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Yeah mate. He has only himself to blame regarding AVB's treatment of him. Some of his "performances" last season were shocking...not to mention that penalty against Basel.

If he does the business week in, week out then I'll be his biggest fan.

There's no doubt Adebayor is a bit of a p*rck and difficult to manage. But AVB showed imaturity and slipped up very badly in his handling of the whole thing by sidelining Adebayor and leaving himself with just 2 forwards in Soldado and Defoe. Classic case of biting your nose to spite your face from AVB. He should have kept Adebayor onside until he could bring in a replacement and then jog him on.

PS According to the Telegraph Adebayor's two goals on Sunday brought his Premier League tally to 85, a higher total than both Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo, who had both scored 84 goals in the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

To be fair, I think they (Levy/Baldini/AVB) did try to shift him on but no-one was interested.

• Advertisement

To be fair, I think they (Levy/Baldini/AVB) did try to shift him on but no-one was interested.

I know that and it's even more reason to do the best you can with the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

a great player that must play every week
    he needs to be shown love/respect by who ever the mgr is
    if this happens he'll do the business

I doubt that mate. I got the impression he wasn't interested in leaving because of the rather lucrative contract he's on. I wouldn't mind being "disrespected" if I was getting over a hundred grand a week! :D

a great player that must play every week
    he needs to be shown love/respect by who ever the mgr is
    if this happens he'll do the business

loads of bollicks pal, if he showed some respect towards the club he might get some back, played great yesterday but my opinion of him will never change.

loads of bollicks pal, if he showed some respect towards the club he might get some back, played great yesterday but my opinion of him will never change.

disagree obviously, would you prefer if he continued to be frozen out of the first team ? Thats like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I'm just happy that he now seems a happier player, is getting a game and and playing very well.

While Adebayour is on contract with the club, we need to get the most out of him and I'm glad that seems to be happening.

As for the man himself, I don't care how cnutish players are as long as they are doing the business, I don't love or hate any of our players, they are all just mercenaries passing through on the football careers.

disagree obviously, would you prefer if he continued to be frozen out of the first team ? Thats like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I'm just happy that he now seems a happier player, is getting a game and and playing very well.

While Adebayour is on contract with the club, we need to get the most out of him and I'm glad that seems to be happening.

As for the man himself, I don't care how cnutish players are as long as they are doing the business, I don't love or hate any of our players, they are all just mercenaries passing through on the football careers.

Nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

People are forgetting that Adebayor got plenty of chances under AVB last season, and bar maybe 2 games he was absolute muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

It really disgusts me to see how well he can play when he feels like it. Sherwood massaged his ego and we get possibly the best performance in a spurs shirt from adebeyor.

However long May it continue, keep putting that arm around him Tim and we might get some value out of him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

I have very mixed feelings about Adebayor. On the one hand, he is a hugely talented player who can play to a world class level when he's in the mood. On the other hand, he behaves like a spoiled child from time to time and it can drive you bananas.

I don't know what went on between him and AVB, but there was clearly a serious falling out and with hindsight, this may be seen as a major contributing factor in AVB's demise.

Would I like to see him keep on playing for us and performing like he did on Saturday? Of course I would! Am I confident that he will continue playing to this level when the January transfer window is over? Therein lies the rub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

as long as he keeps playing well his value goes up... sell him on for as much money as we can get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Spurs will be back to a mid table team.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Tobyglen wrote: »
    Spurs will be back to a mid table team.

For playing adeybayor? I just brought him into my fantasy team, toying with giving him captain v west brom oooh risky

I have always stood up for Adebayor and still do. The man had probably the best season of any spurs striker in recent years under Redknapp.

It would appear AVB did the same to him and BAE that he did to Anelka & Alex, he didn't learn from his mistakes, he cut off his nose despite his face (we were screaming out for a striker & left back).

“I’m a professional footballer, I had to keep my head up and I did what they asked me to do,” said the Togo player.

“They asked me to train with the reserves, which I did with pleasure, and they asked me to train on my own, which I did with pleasure.”

It's not a case of whether I want him frozen out or not, it's a case of he shouldn't be still at the club, and that's mainly down to Levy being selfish for once. He has treated the club like crap on several occasions, and nobody can deny that. You can't compare him to the other players, the others haven't behaved the way he has, bit harsh too calling them all mercenaries for me, but anyway... He's at the club and if he gets 15 league goals between now and May then great, but I'll still have nothing good to say about him. People saying he's a great players makes me laugh too...

The attitude of 'I don't love or hate the players' I don't get, the same as the attitude of ' ah I'll watch them this week but not next week ' again I don't get it, but listen everyone to there own :D;)

My attitude towards the bloke will never change, Carragher put it perfectly last night, he has been a disgrace.

Happy Christmas mate, have a good one

It's not a case of whether I want him frozen out or not, it's a case of he shouldn't be still at the club, and that's mainly down to Levy being selfish for once. He has treated the club like crap on several occasions, and nobody can deny that. You can't compare him to the other players, the others haven't behaved the way he has, bit harsh too calling them all mercenaries for me, but anyway... He's at the club and if he gets 15 league goals between now and May then great, but I'll still have nothing good to say about him. People saying he's a great players makes me laugh too...

The attitude of 'I don't love or hate the players' I don't get, the same as the attitude of ' ah I'll watch them this week but not next week ' again I don't get it, but listen everyone to there own :D;)

My attitude towards the bloke will never change, Carragher put it perfectly last night, he has been a disgrace.

Happy Christmas mate, have a good one

you too mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Any idea what the injury is today ? It seems he just went down from no contact. Sherwood mentioned not knowing what was wrong with him but that theyvhad ice all over his body. Sounds scary.

Any idea what the injury is today ? It seems he just went down from no contact. Sherwood mentioned not knowing what was wrong with him but that theyvhad ice all over his body. Sounds scary.

Fcuk all wrong with em, just wanted attention ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

I'd say he was tired. I haven't seen him work that hard since he wanted a contract or a move. Oh wait, what month is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

I'd say he was tired. I haven't seen him work that hard since he wanted a contract or a move. Oh wait, what month is it?

Great striker on his day, with the way the game went, he could have scored another one later on in the game when United went all out, he has great pace.

Skillset wise he has everything.

Very few strikers in the world, who are 6'3, fast, good in the air, not a bad finisher etc.

Pity he wasted his talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »

Very few strikers in the world, who are 6'3, fast, good in the air, not a bad finisher etc.

Pity he wasted his talent.

Ducan Ferguson ... Best touch for a big man I ever saw... Hammered with injuries, could have been something special except for those injuries.

Advertisement