Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

filming in Ireland: how to guide?

Options
  • 06-02-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know what are the procedure for filming a foreign movie in Ireland?
    are there any agencies who assist in such process?
    I am looking for locations, local crew, hosting original crew from foreign countries here in ireland, etc etc.
    any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hi,
    Does anyone know what are the procedure for filming a foreign movie in Ireland?
    are there any agencies who assist in such process?
    I am looking for locations, local crew, hosting original crew from foreign countries here in ireland, etc etc.
    any suggestions?

The Irish Film Board should be the first stop for you.

http://www.irishfilmboard.ie/

They could put you in touch with Irish production companies who can help and they can also advise you on tax breaks etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

Northern Ireland is a better bet, unless you want union interference/protests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

SubBusted wrote: »
    Northern Ireland is a better bet, unless you want union interference/protests.

What do you mean?

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

What do I mean? Most foreign film companies hate having to work in the Republic because of union interference and high pay rates. Well known fact. How many Bollywood films have been made here since the protests two years ago in Dublin?

What do I mean? Most foreign film companies hate having to work in the Republic because of union interference and high pay rates. Well known fact. How many Bollywood films have been made here since the protests two years ago in Dublin?

Yeah but I don't think you can say unions protest at every film. Nothing wrong with trying to bring films in though. I don't think we should just tell people, "Don't bother, go to the North."

If someone was asking about setting up a company in Ireland would you say "Don't bother, go to India instead, worker's wages are cheaper there." ?

I see this as the same. Someone wants to bring business to Ireland and is asking is there a body that can assist and your response is just, "Don't come here."

I'm presuming you don't work in the industry if you're actively trying to drive people away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

How many Bollywood films have been made here since the protests two years ago in Dublin?

And how many were made before... ?

And how many were made before... ?

1 big one and that was it.

I notice he's now banned so there's no point getting into it with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks lads. i have contacted the irishfilmboard.
    is there a travel agency or tourism firm who manages the logistics for movie filming?
    i am looking for hotels for accomodation, buses/vans for travel.
    i may get these info from the film board. but just thought of asking here too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Hire a production manager or a Irish Locations manager. They will have all the contacts you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TheMutations

You could also try the Cork Screen Commission. They have a locations database
    and will also help with accommodation, local crew, etc.
    http://www.corkscreencommission.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement