Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone good at Puzznic?

• 06-02-2013 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I can usually breeze through the levels but I'm really stuck on this one level and have been for weeks now (check the image).

The bottom 'cave' takes care of itself, but in the top 'cave' I find no matter what I do I can never make a shape such that the three yellow diamonds can be eliminated in one go.

==

Alternatively does anyone know where there might be a solution/walkthru online for arcade/mame version of the game? (I can't seem to find one after looking)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

It can be a little long winded trying to solve it as a picture.

If you like, you can you post a SAVE STATE so others can try it? Also, please mention the version of the emulator you are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭loligo1

Thanks for the reply.

I think I've attached the right file? It's an '.sta' file.

The version of the emulator I'm using is 'MAME32 0.108u1'

Thanks again!

(BTW, I've found it's a very finicky save-state. For one thing you can't load it during the pre-game screen or the level path choice screen. You have to be playing level 1 before calling up the save-state.

Also when you load the save-state you still won't see it! :eek: You have to actually die/quit once before you can see it. When you load the state you'll probably see the bricks in the background change colour from purple to pink, but nothing else changes. This means the state has loaded)

BTW, slightly related / slight OT question. I know that's a really old version of MAME I mentioned there. Is there some better / newer version I should probably try out seeing as it's 2013?

Hi , original poster here. I made a breakthrough and beat the level. Turns out if you move the cursor quick enough can activate the next move while the previous pairing is still disintegrating. Good to know as I'm fairly convinced there was no possible sequence of moves to remove all the tiles in this level with the conventional "move wait move wait move .... " method.

Amazing it lets you get to level 32 without knowing/needing this! :eek:

Anyway, problem solved. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

Sorry about the late reply. I'm glad to hear that you beat the level, I didn't get a chance to look at the save state.

I've never heard or played Puzznic till you started this thread, I had a quick game to get an idea of what it was like and I liked it. I'll give a proper go when I get time.

• Advertisement

Nice to hear another there's another potential Puzznic fan in the making!

I think it's one of those perfect puzzle games, It's fun to play, satisfying when you beat a level and you can feel that his has a properly designed difficulty curve (or at least it has until the level I posted about! :) )

Good luck with it!

Advertisement