Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA/Sports Recovery after and Arm Break

Options
  • 06-02-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right group to be posting to but it's the most relative to my situation that I can find.

Basically broke my radius bone just at the elbow 3 weeks ago on the hurling field. Surgery the next day got a tension wire put in to heal the bone (it will be in for 6 months). Cast came off 1 week ago and there is fair amount of stiffness and soreness in the arm. I have some flexibilty but was told it would be at least another 9 weeks until I can go back to playing and I will not be able to straighten my arm out fully or flex up fully (lose about 5-10 degrees).

I'm not looking for advice on how long it should take for my recovery because everyone is different and every break is different. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar break and has it affected them since they returned to the GAA field (I'm a footballer as well). Also has it affected gym work after you have recovered?

Thanks.

Advertisement