If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Ceiling speakers (already mentioned in 50"tv thread)

Options
  • 06-02-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

I said I'd break this out in case it got lost in the other thread

Thanks for the reply Chris.

Just on the speakers I'm completely clueless when it comes to them so you might be able to help me. Are these just for rear speakers in a surround sound sysytem or can you use them for front speakers as well? Presumably I'll need a sub woofer as well?

Basically I'm starting from scratch in a new room that has been wired for 4 ceiling speakers and I'm looking for the best option to get surround sound going in there.

Sorry for the stupid questions but as I said I'm clueless.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ashdale5 wrote: »
    I said I'd break this out in case it got lost in the other thread

Just on the speakers I'm completely clueless when it comes to them so you might be able to help me. Are these just for rear speakers in a surround sound sysytem or can you use them for front speakers as well? Presumably I'll need a sub woofer as well?

Basically I'm starting from scratch in a new room that has been wired for 4 ceiling speakers and I'm looking for the best option to get surround sound going in there.

Sorry for the stupid questions but as I said I'm clueless.
    ashdale,

thanks for starting a new thread!

If Chris has recommended the Monitor Audio in ceilings - then they will work great in an AV system.

We install a lot of 'multi-room' systems and we always us the MA in ceilings and they are just superb quality - you could get away without a sub as they are full frequency range but you would be missing soooo much without a decent active sub!!

There are a full range of Monitor Audio in ceilings so if you give us a budget for your speakers (or for the full AV system) we will work out the best deal we can do for you..

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

I use Monitor Audio for ceiling speakers and they're great. I've not used them in a cinema room mind you but in a kitchen for radio and music listening. Separation isn't too defined (which was important as the room needed to be full of sound as opposed to zoned areas). I love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

ashdale,

thanks for starting a new thread!

If Chris has recommended the Monitor Audio in ceilings - then they will work great in an AV system.

We install a lot of 'multi-room' systems and we always us the MA in ceilings and they are just superb quality - you could get away without a sub as they are full frequency range but you would be missing soooo much without a decent active sub!!

There are a full range of Monitor Audio in ceilings so if you give us a budget for your speakers (or for the full AV system) we will work out the best deal we can do for you..

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the quick reply. As far as budgets go I'm hoping to tie these in with the aformentioned big tv to kit the room out.

Basically as I said I'm starting a room from scratch with the one proviso that the room is already wired for 4 ceiling speakers ( 2 front 2 rear) so I've got to get the best sound and best deal :-) for that set up.

I'm open to suggestions as to the best options.

Oh and thanks for your feedback as well Darren. Much appreciated.

I use Monitor Audio for ceiling speakers and they're great. I've not used them in a cinema room mind you but in a kitchen for radio and music listening. Separation isn't too defined (which was important as the room needed to be full of sound as opposed to zoned areas). I love them!
    DP,

Thanks for that - most of them are actually really suited for AV / Home Cinema usage as they have 'steerable' HF units / Tweeters - this means that you can actually direct the all important higher frequencies directly towards the optimum listening position to allow the best soundstage...

Lot's of people just stick them up and bang the grilles on but it's really worth spending a while making sure that you get the HF unit positioning correct - the new in-Ceiling trimless units are also really handy as you can just clip the grilles on and off magnetically - and they look great as well - no trim!

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/ci-series/

Thanks again Darren,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the quick reply. As far as budgets go I'm hoping to tie these in with the aformentioned big tv to kit the room out.

Basically as I said I'm starting a room from scratch with the one proviso that the room is already wired for 4 ceiling speakers ( 2 front 2 rear) so I've got to get the best sound and best deal :-) for that set up.

I'm open to suggestions as to the best options.

Oh and thanks for your feedback as well Darren. Much appreciated.
    Anything on the above?

• Advertisement

Anything on the above?
    Ash,

apologies for the delay and I'm a little confused (pretty normal for me..):p

Are you just looking for pricing on the in-ceiling speakers or for a complete system and even in your posts in the other thread - I cannot see any approx budget? It's probably me... and it is Friday.... if you give me a heads up - I'll revert with best pricing and suggestions asap!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Ash,

apologies for the delay and I'm a little confused (pretty normal for me..)

Are you just looking for pricing on the in-ceiling speakers or for a complete system and even in your posts in the other thread - I cannot see any approx budget? It's probably me... and it is Friday.... if you give me a heads up - I'll revert with best pricing and suggestions asap!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    I've sent you a PM John.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I've sent you a PM John.

Hi Ash,

John is in and out of the office so not always near Boards.

If you'd like to copy me on the PM we can look after you :)

Chris

I've forwarded that PM to you Chris.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ash,

Thanks for that :)

Reply sent.

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi Ash,

Thanks for that

Reply sent.

Chris

I've sent you a new PM.

I've sent you a new PM.
    Thanks Ashdale5.

I'll have a look over it ASAP and revert back :)

New PM sent today lads.

Finally ready to do something on this now.

Apologies for all the delays.

New PM sent today lads.

Finally ready to do something on this now.

Apologies for all the delays.
    Hi Ashdale5.

PM sent :)

Hi Ashdale5.

PM sent
    I think we'll forget about the tv for the time being so if you could just quote me for the speakers, amp and sub delivered to Cork hopefully I can get an order up to you today.

I think we'll forget about the tv for the time being so if you could just quote me for the speakers, amp and sub delivered to Cork hopefully I can get an order up to you today.
    Will PM you ASAP.

Everything arrived today lads.

Thanks for the great service.

I'll keep my eyes peeled here for some tv bargains to complete the set now.

Everything arrived today lads.

Thanks for the great service.

I'll keep my eyes peeled here for some tv bargains to complete the set now.
    Hey Ashdale5.

No problem at all!

Now all you have to do is get set up and enjoy ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.