Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Online Savings Account

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Usually the terms you signed up for are valid for the term of the investment. If you renew , then the new conditions will kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Usually the terms you signed up for are valid for the term of the investment. If you renew , then the new conditions will kick in.
    It's a regular saver, so no term or renewal

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

28064212 wrote: »
    I just noticed that AIB have completely revamped their online savings account. Previously (when I signed up), they paid a bonus of 10% of your interest in the first year, 20% second year... up to 50% in your 5th year. This was the terms and conditions I signed up for. Their new terms don't sound near as attractive.

Does anyone know whether the new terms apply to accounts set up before they came into effect? Or do the old terms still apply?

You had the AIB Online Personal Saver regular saver product. This product is no longer open to new customers.

AIB have, several times, reduced the rate on this product. The bonus still applies but the rate you are earning is much lower, as a consequence so is the bonus.

You are best off switching.

Advertisement