Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 month old waking every night

Options
  • 06-02-2013 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am having trouble with my 9 month old who is waking 4 or 5 nights a week at 3.00am wide awake and wanting to play. She will usually stay awake a full hour before she goes back asleep. She has no problem going asleep in the evening, we just put her down in the cot leave the room and she falls asleep herself so she is capable of putting herself back asleep but she just doesn't seem to want to :(
    If she was in her own room this would not be a problem however we are in a 1 bedroom apartment so my partner and I end up having to lie awake listening to her and then end up exhausted the next day. She has also lately started shouting and screaming for attention as we usually try to ignore her hoping she will go back asleep. Is there anything we can do to 1) prevent her waking up in the night and 2) help her to go back asleep quicker? I don't want to give her a bottle as we don't want her to start getting back into the habit of looking for a bottle in the middle of the night.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement