Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung color laser printer with FREE camera

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Looks like good deal but consider that this holds four separate toner cartridges and replacement for each cost around € 90.

So to replace all cartridges when they will go out will cost € 360 !!!

Also with most printers included cartridges are only 30%-50% full , not sure about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

http://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/toner-cartridges/Samsung/CLP-360.html
    £163.44 inc VAT for the set of 4 samsung toners.

So not too bad. And toners don't get dry as cartridges do, so laser printers are not only for those who print a lot anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

In general a laser printer will hold more toner than an inkjet will ink, mind you were not talking about 10k sheet toner carts with these printers either. I think on the whole though they are less hassle than inkjets, less drying ink, less buying a new magenta cartridge even though the rest are 3/4 full etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

I wouldn't go near a Samsung printer if it was free. Have one at work and it has been the biggest heap of junk ever. (but am sure theres ppl out there that will say otherwise). Parts constantly need to be replaced, not just the toners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Looks like good deal but consider that this holds four separate toner cartridges and replacement for each cost around € 90.

So to replace all cartridges when they will go out will cost € 360 !!!

Also with most printers included cartridges are only 30%-50% full , not sure about this one.

Simply buy a new printer - it's cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Paddy_man wrote: »
    I wouldn't go near a Samsung printer if it was free. Have one at work and it has been the biggest heap of junk ever. (but am sure theres ppl out there that will say otherwise). Parts constantly need to be replaced, not just the toners.

I bought a samsung monochrome laser printer for 60 quid including delivery in June 2011. I then bought 3 toners for 99 off ebay and never had a problem with it and still have one of the toners to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

Seems like cheapest quailifying model in ops post works out at €152 delivered from Dabs. Same printer (CLP - 360 comes im at approx €123 from Amazon. (which should qualify you for the deal) Almost wish I was in market for printer at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Simply buy a new printer - it's cheaper.

Usually they only come with reduced sized cartridges if the price of the printer is close to that of toner/ink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm surprised they don't just give the printers away for free, the money is in the toner.

I briefly worked in an electronics store on my travels a few years back and printers were just sold at cost, on the premise that the customer would come back for the ink and that's where they made a killing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭ozmo

psicic wrote: »
    Seems like cheapest quailifying model in ops post works out at €152 delivered from Dabs. Same printer (CLP - 360 comes im at approx €123 from Amazon. (which should qualify you for the deal) Almost wish I was in market for printer at the moment

I bought similar one for €70+vat in Computer City last month - great printer - I gave up on inkjet years ago - laser printers are much more suited for occasional use users than inkjet (every time I went to use an inkjet nozzle was blocked or out of ink or something).

Havn't had to refil yet - but Ill probably be looking into buying just the bottles of powder and refilling myself when I need to.

Some of the cheaper ones - like one I got - don't have network port - would have been nice to print from lappy without turning on desktop - so watch out for that.

The cameras are another story - I bought that Samsung in the printer advert for a present in december - and had to return it as the lens was too small and indoor photos were too dark and grainy, optical zoomed shots were lacking in detail and the macro would not focus - got Last years model of the Same camera on sale in Argos (cheaper) and it had a larger lens and took much better shots indoors and macro focus gave very impressive results - I can post the details model numbers etc. if anyone wants.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
Advertisement