Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving lessons

Options
  • 06-02-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi just wondering if anyone knows if I would be entitled to money back from my driving instructor. I paid upfront for 4 lessons and used two so far. However, I would like to get the remaining money back and go with someone else. The instructor is a nice man but seems to have quite limited availability as in he is booked up a lot of the time, as I work until 8pm five, sometimes 6 days a week it's quite difficult to get together for a lesson. He also requires 10 days notice for a lesson at this time of year. Do you think I would be able to get the remainder of the fee back based on these issues or am I stuck with them? Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

as I work until 8pm five, sometimes 6 days a week it's quite difficult to get together for a lesson.

I think the issue is at your end really. When would you like to have the lessons? At 9 o'clock at night? How have you managed to take the first 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You can always ask for the refund, but there is no obligation on them to give any refund at all. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Seeing as how this guy seems to be pretty popular could you maybe sell on your remaining two lessons to someone? I woulod highly doubt that the instructor is under any obligation to refund you but you could certainly ask, all he can say is "No."

• Registered Users Posts: 26 crinklestein

misty cheese that's a really good idea I might just do that if he accepts. Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 26 crinklestein

Paulw wrote: »
    You can always ask for the refund, but there is no obligation on them to give any refund at all. Sorry.
    Yeah I thought as much thanks Paul

• Advertisement
Advertisement