Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cellulose Blown Insulation

• 06-02-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have a nightmare of a Vaulted ceiling in my house which sits over 4 different stairs. At the top, there is a flat piece that I'm going to get on a tall ladder, punch a hole in the ceiling between the rafters and try to get into a small area between the flat ceiling and the point of the top of the house.

Its not the type of access you can pull rolls of insulation into or bags of loose fill rockwool.

Can you rent cellulose insulation blowers? Does anyone know where?

Otherwise, any recomendations for people who do blow-in insulation?

Blow in seems ideal for this miserable space.

Thanks, - Hope this is the right forum and it shouldnt be in the Construction part.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

If your budget is flexible, Pull the slabs off ,use rafterloc or similar between joists and reslab with insulated slab .you may even get away with tape and skim finish avoiding mess .

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Cant pull down the slabs, i would need a really complex scaffolding to get access to all of the roof. Hence why i can only get at one end of it to punch into the space.

Advertisement