Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Acurrate is UPC Speedtest??

Options
  • 06-02-2013 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Well this kind of a 2 in one question

How accurate is UPC's speedtest im on 120 MB and i have being having issues with Speed drops, but how or never

To actually deal the problem with UPC they do not accept Speedtest.net as a liable source, so if im having problems with speed i have to deal with there Speedtest,
    the thing is Every time after Six my Net drops drastically, but before i get
    up to 130 on the UPC speedtest, but only 50 on Speedtest

so im wondering does the UPC Speedtest slyly add on a good few Mb thats not actually there to give the illusion its faster than it is?
    or Maybe the UPC speedtest is fine tuned exactly for accurate UPC only results?

2nd question is anyone else whos getting a really good ping in their Results still getting bad on Games like COD (thats if you play games otherwise, ignore this question)

Let me know cheers

P.S. im Wired

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭coldcake

I just conducted a test on both sites and got more or less the same results. 63.47 on UPC and 63.75 on Speedtest.net.

Not sure if that helps any but there you go

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

coldcake wrote: »
    I just conducted a test on both sites and got more or less the same results. 63.47 on UPC and 63.75 on Speedtest.net.

Not sure if that helps any but there you go

yeah man helps more than you think,

hmmm so not im wondering is it not doing the same for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

google "download large test file" and you'll get a thinkbroadband site that will allow you download a 1GB iso file. Don't let the download complete but just monitor the transfer rate you actually get. speedtest sites can say what they like but actual trasnfer rate IS your speed.

Advertisement