Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v Poland, International Friendly. SS2 KO 7:45pm.

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Lots of positives last night. I really enjoyed a solid 2 nil win over a good side. Hoolahans goal was the best Irish goal since Doyles long range strike a few years back.

Long, McClean, Wes and a few others should start against Sweden but they won't and it's quite frustrating. We simply have to start any player who's doing well in the EPL.

I've no bother with O'Shea and maybe Keane being in the team but the further our squad moves away from the Euro squad the better for all of us. It's just refreshing to have young capable players in the squad with no taint of being the worst team in the Euros (ever?) hanging over them.

I've confidence that if we don't get results in our next two games than we have excellent building blocks to drive onto the next qualifying campaign but Trap would have to leave and we would have to bring in a manager with a clear 4 year plan. Whatever happens I don't think we'll be out in the wilderness of international soccer for a another decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Was at the game myself, surprisingly good atmosphere thanks to the massive amount of Polish fans.

Our 1st goal was well against the run of play, thought Poland were fairly in control, lewandaski should have finished his chance when 1 on 1 with Forde.

2nd goal was an absolute peach, beautiful ball from Hendrix and a great finish from Wes, it was a harder chance than I initially thought.

Sammon for a big strong fella was beaten a lot in the air,had one great chance but his touch was too heavy..

Cunningham looked comfortable on the ball throughout, Brady on the other side wasn't helped by some of McShane's 'passes'.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Was at the game myself, surprisingly good atmosphere thanks to the massive amount of Polish fans.

Our 1st goal was well against the run of play, thought Poland were fairly in control, lewandaski should have finished his chance when 1 on 1 with Forde.

2nd goal was an absolute peach, beautiful ball from Hendrix and a great finish from Wes, it was a harder chance than I initially thought.

Sammon for a big strong fella was beaten a lot in the air,had one great chance but his touch was too heavy..

Cunningham looked comfortable on the ball throughout, Brady on the other side wasn't helped by some of McShane's 'passes'.

Him and Coleman would be a great combination for the future:cool:

Advertisement