Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 - Season 1 Week 2

Options
  • 06-02-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

All game arrangements and reviews can be posted here. Good to see such a high percentage of games played in the first week. Will advance again Sunday at 10pm

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Best of luck guys, if you manager to keep this going we'll see if we can get proper pre-fixes so Xbox/PS3 are in different colours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭dembaba

anyone have fixtures for the week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Bears @Packers
    Bucs @Giants
    Saints @Panthers
    Cards @ PAts
    Vikings @Colts
    Ravens @Eagles
    Chiefs @Bills
    Raiders @Dolphins
    Browns @Bengals
    Texans @Jags
    Cowboys @Seahawks
    Redskins @Rams
    Jets @Steelers
    Titans @Chargers
    Lions @49ers
    Broncos @Falcons

When you good to play counterlock? I can play in the next few minutes or else it'll be late tonight, probably round 12. Can play anytime tomorrow evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

When you good to play counterlock? I can play in the next few minutes or else it'll be late tonight, probably round 12. Can play anytime tomorrow evening
    I've just seen this now, this evening is fine, any time after about 6.30 suits

• Advertisement

See you're online now. I can play any time from now on. The afternoon would suit best as I'm in college accom and the lag can get really bad during peak internet times in the evening.

See you're online now. I can play any time from now on. The afternoon would suit best as I'm in college accom and the lag can get really bad during peak internet times in the evening.
    I am!? I'd say that's the Mrs, I'm on the train down from Dublin so won't be home till this evening

Sorry meant on here not psn. No worries bud will see you later on then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Lost my game to the cowgirls. They dominated me absolutely. I turned the ball over 7 times and I was sacked maybe 7 times as well. The seahawks have a dire oline. I couldn't run it. Didn't have time to throw it. If it wasnt for my special teams unit it could have been a lot worse. I scored two td's from kickoffs

I just got a lesson, but prevented the shut out. Cheers for the game skeleton boy, I'll let Brandon marshalls ribs heal up and I'll bounce back :)

• Advertisement

A shaky first quarter from us both after that turnovers were the big difference (some unlucky ones too like the fumbled kick off return). You must of had 3 or 4 players go down injured too! Thanks for the game, looking forward to the return match-up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

What a Crazy game against the Titans. Was your game really laggy??

Titans picked me apart in the 1st half. Down 24-7 half time.
    Had 5 picks in the first half 2 of them coming from first 2 attempts to throw.

Game back in the 2nd. won the game coming up short on the goal line but got the TD in the 4th.

Great game Moonpie.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Just after seeing your post in the other thread - I'd put the laptop away to get down to business! :P

Yeh, the lag was awful. I dunno if it got any better as the game went on or if I just got used to it, but it didn't seem *as* bad towards the end. I'd love to blame the terrible FG attempts on it, but I reckon it contributed to some of those picks, so we'll call it even! :D

It was a great game though. Coming out for the 2nd half I thought all I really had to do was get CJ and that ground game going to manage the clock, but I'd say only 1 run went for over 4 yards? And plenty of them got stopped in my own backfield.

Anyhu, in the end I just couldn't stop ya charging down the field (ah ah, see what I did there :)) repeatedly!

Cheers for the game Rochey

Edit: Oh and sorry bout the pause in the 1st quarter, was trying to get a headset working - but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

Ye the lag was horrible, didn't help your FG attempts.
    Didn't think I would catch Johnson when he broke for a big run in the 2nd half.

No worries about the pause was hoping it would help the lag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Oakland Raiders 10 - 13 Miami Dolphins (OT)

The Raiders D played well all game, but on Offence it was a different story, couldn't move the ball in the first half at all, and was down 0-7 at the half. In the 2nd half, McFadden fumbled twice, my receivers dropped a number of open passes, McFadden got injured, my starting Centre got injured and my starting LOLB also went down, all of these players are out now for 3 to 5 weeks! Despite all that, I had sneaked into a 10-7 lead with around 1:30 remaining, however a 44 yd field goal by the Dolphins put the game into overtime. Dolphins won the toss and received the ball, I stopped them but got the ball back on my own 10 yard line, on 2nd down and 7, Heyward-Bey was in the clear and inexplicably let the ball bounce off his hands, forcing a dodgy 3rd down situation. I went back to Heyward-Bey on 3rd down but threw too early under pressure, and the CB nipped in front of him and intercepted. Miami immediately kicked a short field goal, game over.

Advertisement