Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get sheet metal in Waterford.

Options
  • 06-02-2013 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I've got bit of an odd request for help today. I'm looking to pick up some sheet metal in relatively small quantities. Does anyone know of anywhere in/near town that sells it to individuals (rather than companies)?

All help much appreciated :).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Mild stainless galvanised what are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I'm not particularly fussy. Any kind of steel/aluminum. Nothing corrugated though, I need it to be flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Actually, i would like to know this too Chris man, i have had a few jobs lately where a sheet of metal was needed, be it aluminum or steel.. so i would be interested to know where we can get metal raw materials in Waterford city or surrounding areas...

H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Maybe Heiton Buckley on the Cork road might have what you're looking for

http://www.heitonbuckley.ie/steel.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

south wrote: »
    Maybe Heiton Buckley on the Cork road might have it

Would they sell in small quantities, to individuals, or would you reckon its only for wholesale orders?

cheers

H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Heathen wrote: »
    Would they sell in small quantities, to individuals, or would you reckon its only for wholesale orders?

cheers

H

I haven't a clue but money's money these days so worth giving it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭larchielads

if u know of any of the factories in the estate that work with sheet metal ask someone who works there to get u some of their scrap.
    trust me they have plenty of scrap.

i used to work in one and maybe im not allowed name the place but theres one as u go into the entrance of he ida located beside the bank

• Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭The Reamer

Heiton Buckey will sell to anyone willing to give them money.

the Glanbia in Kilmeaden also sell steel plate, used to anyway.

Advertisement