Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal County Down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Please update this when you ring, theres not much info on there website, Id love to play it, its a real bucket list course!!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭pcasso

The Mourne golf Club website says that open week will be from Monday July 13th till Friday 17th.
    They don't have a schedule of events yet but in the past there were events on RCD on all days except the Wednesday which was on the Annsley Links course.
    I am hoping to go up for the Monday/Tuesday and will give them a ring this week as the timesheet will probably go live in a few weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Beaulieu

pcasso wrote: »
    The Mourne golf Club website says that open week will be from Monday July 13th till Friday 17th.
    They don't have a schedule of events yet but in the past there were events on RCD on all days except the Wednesday which was on the Annsley Links course.
    I am hoping to go up for the Monday/Tuesday and will give them a ring this week as the timesheet will probably go live in a few weeks time.

To any "newbies" just bear in mind that RCD Clubhouse will be off limits during Mourne GC's open week. Not a big problem however..!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Just rang the mourne gc this morning and there is an automated message saying that the timesheet for the open week is opening on monday the 8th of june.

fearruanua wrote: »
    Just rang the mourne gc this morning and there is an automated message saying that the timesheet for the open week is opening on monday the 8th of june.
    Thanks for that.
    I also rang but once I got the automated message saying that the office was un attended for this week I hung up.
    I was planning on ringing them back next week.
    Ooops.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

3 person team on the Thursday, managed to get 2 slots at 12 20 and 12 30. Girl was v nice on the phone but not 100pc sure what the format was! Excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Anyone know the formats and costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Singles Stableford on the monday

4balls Tuesday and Friday and a mixed on Wed I think

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jimjim12

This is the information I've received from Mourne. £50 per round.
    Open Week is on Monday 13th – Friday 17th July

Monday 13th:
    Open Stableford (Championship Course)

Tuesday 14th:
    Open Fourball Stableford (Championship Course)

Wednesday 15th:
    Open Mixed Foursomes (Annesley Links)

Thursday 16th:
    The McKeown Cup (Stroke) (Championship Course) 3Ball

Friday 17th:
    Open Fourball (Championship Course)

• Advertisement

jimjim12 wrote: »
    This is the information I've received from Mourne. £50 per round.
    Open Week is on Monday 13th – Friday 17th July

Monday 13th:
    Open Stableford (Championship Course)

Tuesday 14th:
    Open Fourball Stableford (Championship Course)

Wednesday 15th:
    Open Mixed Foursomes (Annesley Links)

Thursday 16th:
    The McKeown Cup (Stroke) (Championship Course) 3Ball

Friday 17th:
    Open Fourball (Championship Course)

Ok so, Thurday is actually a singles strokeplay event? My mistake, I wasn't sure what I was being told earlier! Thanks for that Jim, even more excited to be playing a singles around RCD!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Do you have to ring to book lads or can you do it on BRS?

benny79 wrote: »
    Do you have to ring to book lads or can you do it on BRS?

Ring Mourne Golf Club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

Monday 13th July Singles Stapleford x 4 @ 10:40

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Booked in for Monday 13th July at 3.10 pm.
    : )

Fourball stableford on Tuesday @ 11.30
    :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Always have an interest in playing this so if anyone stuck for someone then post back here or PM me, cheers!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Wish I could get to this course after seeing it at the Irish open. Maybe next year :)

Just to bump this up a bit. Open week is 11th - 14th of July . Myself and rollotomassi are going to go up on the Wednesday and play Kilkeel, super parkland course. Then stay over in Newcastle and play RCD championship course on Thursday morning and Ardglass is open singles in the afternoon. If any boardies want to join us let us know
    Cheers
    Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

dar_cool wrote: »
    Just to bump this up a bit. Open week is 11th - 14th of July . Myself and rollotomassi are going to go up on the Wednesday and play Kilkeel, super parkland course. Then stay over in Newcastle and play RCD championship course on Thursday morning and Ardglass is open singles in the afternoon. If any boardies want to join us let us know
    Cheers
    Darren

Any details on Mourne Open week? whats on which day/when time sheet is up?

• Advertisement

Anyone playing in the open week this week ? Runs from tuesday to friday. We're playing mckeown cup on thursday off medal tees. Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Playing the strokes Thursday aswell.cant wait hopefully the weather holds up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Anyone playing in the open week this week ? Runs from tuesday to friday. We're playing mckeown cup on thursday off medal tees. Cant wait.

Didn't know about it. Best of luck, you'll enjoy it. Unbelievable place. So did you book it through the golf courses website or how did you do it? I presume GUI members are ok for open comps in the North?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

ThunderCat wrote: »
    I presume GUI members are ok for open comps in the North?

Northern GUI members are ok but members from South of the border get kneecapped if they win a prize :rolleyes:

Its run by Mourne golf club which has playing rights on championship course. On same week every year. Bargain at 50 quid. You have to ring up and book early as spots are snapped up. You can play portrush in the same way through rathmore golf club where g mac was a member

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Its run by Mourne golf club which has playing rights on championship course. On same week every year. Bargain at 50 quid. You have to ring up and book early as spots are snapped up. You can play portrush in the same way through rathmore golf club where g mac was a member

DAR,
    What's the process with RATHMORE and RPR - phone call, when can you play ? tyvmia

amadain wrote: »
    DAR,
    What's the process with RATHMORE and RPR - phone call, when can you play ? tyvmia

I rang during the week - they have open singles on certain days running from Sunday June 10th (same day as Ballybunion Int Scratch Cup) to the following Thursday.
    Tel no to call is 048-70822996.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Beaulieu wrote: »
    I rang during the week - they have open singles on certain days running from Sunday June 10th (same day as Ballybunion Int Scratch Cup) to the following Thursday.
    Tel no to call is 048-70822996.

Which course are the opens played on?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Anyone aware if Mourne GC have timesheets open yet for the open week , I imagine it might be next week but hoping to get a 4ball booked for one of the singles events

• Advertisement

I think Mourne GC's time sheet opens on Tues 12th June.

Advertisement