Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to report eircom node in spam blacklists?

Options
  • 06-02-2013 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

SMTP mail passing through the eircom node below are not being delivered because it is on five different spam blacklists.

"X-Source-Sender:86-44-25-89-dynamic.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net (PC Hostname Removed) B]86.44.25.89[/B:18173"

On checking, I found that the IP is on five different spam blacklists:

http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a86.44.25.89#

This is not the first time I've come across this problem with various eircom nodes. What is the best way to report this to eircom, to (1) get any configuration issues resolved and (2) get the IP address removed from the blacklists?

Thanks,
    Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

LibraMan wrote: »
    Hi,

SMTP mail passing through the eircom node below are not being delivered because it is on five different spam blacklists.

"X-Source-Sender:86-44-25-89-dynamic.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net (PC Hostname Removed) :18173"

http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a86.44.25.89

This is not the first time I've come across this problem with various eircom nodes. What is the best way to report this to eircom, to (1) get any configuration issues resolved and (2) get the IP address removed from the blacklists?

Thanks,
    Tom.
    This is not a problem unless recipient mail servers are subscribing to the blacklists listed. Most recipient mail servers will subscribe to reputable lists, and in my experience the ones listed are not in that category. If you have a specific error message of a non delivery, send time and dates to eircom for investigation. Also, that ip will be assigned to a customer, any provider will not delist a customer ip as they cannot vouch for the mail originating from that ip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

"X-Source-Sender:86-44-25-89-dynamic.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net (PC Hostname Removed) :18173"

Thanks,
    Tom.

Hi LibraMan,

I have sent an escalation to managers in support to look into your post and advise. I will let you know when they get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

Thanks,
    Tom.

Hi Tom,

Managers in support also asked are you getting any specific error messages?

Have you tried sending the mail to an alternative e-mail address you use to see if it delivers without any problems?

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement