Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placepot Question

• 06-02-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

What's the lowest stake per line I can have on a permutation placepot?

If I wanted say 1x2x2x2x2x1 could I have €0.25 per line with the total adding up to €4? Or is there a minimum of more than 25c?

Also, say it comes up on the screen 'Placepot was €184, would you get €184 for your €4 bet?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

What's the lowest stake per line I can have on a permutation placepot?

If I wanted say 1x2x2x2x2x1 could I have €0.25 per line with the total adding up to €4? Or is there a minimum of more than 25c?

Also, say it comes up on the screen 'Placepot was €184, would you get €184 for your €4 bet?

Thanks

I think 25c is ok. Your winnings will be a quarter of whatever the dividend is because the payout is based on a €1 stake.

Edit: just to say that i think the minimum unit stake is 10c but i'm not sure on that. Will also depend on if it's a uk or irish meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

I think 25c is ok. Your winnings will be a quarter of whatever the dividend is because the payout is based on a €1 stake.

Edit: just to say that i think the minimum unit stake is 10c but i'm not sure on that. Will also depend on if it's a uk or irish meeting.

Your winnings would depend on how many lines you got up so if you had one line up you would get 1/4 of 184 but if you got two placed in one race and one in all the others you would have it for 50 cents so would get 1/2 of 184. Basically the placepot is declared to a 1 pound/euro stake

The minimum unit stake is usually 10 cents in the UK meetings but the total stake has to add up to more than one euro so you should be ok with 25 cents permutations on that number of lines

Advertisement