Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought 3 soar view boxes all broke in 1 month.

Options
  • 06-02-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I had a local tv installer come out and do all the aerials for our rooms. This was 4 rooms done with one new tv we bought and 3 boxes supplied by the installer. Now at the time we asked for boxes and he simply provided 3 x TV Star boxes. All stopped working over the space of 3 weeks. I called up and go one replaced easily. However the two other boxes I wanted replaced have not been done. I range 3 weeks ago and I rang 5 times up until tonight. I said that if he cannot provide the replacements in a reasonable ammount of time which has been given. Then I will be refunded the €96. He kept saying "I never screwed you over when I billed you, I am selling them at a loss, your taking money from my pocket, I gave you the option for other boxes." Now at that point he laughed at me. I told him I want my money back and after 3 calls he said that he will give me the money back. Now since I have no receipt (paid in cash) he could just string me along.

Can I call trading standards and get them to do anything?

I just feel so infuriated and sick of fighting to get anything fixed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Bring a case to the small claims court. That's your quickest and best way to get it done if he doesn't replace or refund you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thraxen wrote: »

Can I call trading standards and get them to do anything?
    !

Not unless your in the UK , no.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I had a local tv installer come out and do all the aerials for our rooms.

Is this person a registered business person? Did he offer a receipt? Or is he a casual guy with a van. You can only go to the small claims court if he is operating a business. Download the form and submit it, you may as well, I dont think there is much point writing to him and demanding a refund with 14 days, it looks like he has no intention of refunding you.

My parents were getting their freeview sorted and I asked the installer who is looking after the guarantee on the boxes, he suggested I go buy it direct from the retailer if I had an issue! So I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,590 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have two star TV boxes installed since Christmas and one has packed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Thraxen

looksee wrote: »
    I have two star TV boxes installed since Christmas and one has packed up.

I went to the local shop and bought it direct. The exact same box however the old boxes had to use an adapter as they were made for Europe. Now the new group in the shop has the 3 pin plug so maybe that could have been a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I bought one of those tvstar boxes in dunnes think it was €45 about 2 weeks before the switch, never had a problem with it (touch wood) i use it more for the usb than watching the ****e RTE put on.

Advertisement