Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pharmacy boring?

• 06-02-2013 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi im in sixth year at the moment and have pharmacy in ucc down as my 1st choice on the CAO. I think ill like it (assuming ill get the points) but after reading all the posts on pharmacy im fairly worried!:eek: could pharmacists tell me how ye find the job? do ye think it can be a bit boring or tedious? thanks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I worked in a pharmacy during the summer. From what I saw its definitely not the most tedious job in the world if there are people hired to do filing and that. It's quite sociable. But there is a lot of standing every day. The money is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fmurr34

Make sure pharmacy is what you want. Last year I put pharmacy in Maynooth on my CAO.

Luckily, I failed my LC horribly and am repeating. I looked at the course detail for pharmacy afterwards and found out it wasn't what I thought it was at all. I meant to put down Biomedical or Medicinal Chemistry xD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Fmurr34 wrote: »
    Make sure pharmacy is what you want. Last year I put pharmacy in Maynooth on my CAO.

Luckily, I failed my LC horribly and am repeating. I looked at the course detail for pharmacy afterwards and found out it wasn't what I thought it was at all. I meant to put down Biomedical or Medicinal Chemistry xD

I'm not 100% sure, but isn't Pharmacy only available in UCC, RCSI and TCD??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

I'm not 100% sure, but isn't Pharmacy only available in UCC, RCSI and TCD??

Yes, it is. I think you're referring to a pharmacy-related course?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fmurr34

There was a course called "Biomed and Pharmacy" in Maynooth, and I'm pretty sure it's in Athlone too. I forget to be honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement