Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Headphones?

• 06-02-2013 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All,
    I hope to get a new set of headphones. In the past I have had Mickey Mouse one's, but now want to move on. What I have in mind are one of the following, and in no particular order;

Sennheiser mm450, it seems they can only be got in the Airport!
    Monster 'inspiration'
    Beats 'Studio
    Bose Quite Comfort 15

All of the above are 'over the ear' can's, and are pricey. So I don't want to make a mistake. Some of the above are noise cancelling, which I like. I have not included the Scuderia Ferrari by Logic3, I don't want to look like a dork who is trying to find the Pit's. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I cant stand Bose, Beats, or Monster. For the price you pay you get much better headphones form Sennheiser, AKG, and Audio Tehnica. Have a look at those brands. Also you should be able to get the sennheisers in the main dealers, they will order them in for you. Try email them directly, pro audio are the Irish distributors http://www.proaudio.ie/contact.php

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Barnacle1

Thanks for the fast reply. I was leaning in the direction of the Sennheiser mm450, will check it out, thanks for advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭_ciaran_

Believe it or not, the new ones Marshall have brought out are actually excellent. I was sceptical when I heard they were marking headphones but ended up buying a pair recently after trying them out in Harvey Norman.

A little mid heavy (the irony) but great quality for the €100 price range IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

What's your budget?

Ask here: boards headphone forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I´ve found Monster headphones to be of consistently awful quality. I had 4 pairs of Turbines replaced under warranty, then they gave me a pair of Beats Studios, which also broke. This is from casual use as well, mainly around the house. The cable designs are terrible. I don´t know how it could be so difficult to incorporate right-angle jacks into the design. That for me is their fundamental weakness.

Also, I´m not sure I feel comfortable wearing Beats outside the house.

But regardless, if you´re going to spend a lot on headphones, at least make sure you have high quality music files, not just <128kbps MP3s, because, if not, then it´s just not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

As asked before, budget? Types of music?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Based on the headphones mentioned in the OP his budget seems to be about €300 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I have a set of Bose QC 15. If you fly regularly then I'd recommend these. Expensive but worth it.

Edit: No idea of how they compare to the others with regard to sound quality etc. I got them purely for the noise cancelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

I have a pair of V-Moda M80's. Very good sounding pair of headphones, they like high quality music files, and physically very well made. I find them neutral enough, a good all-rounder, and I'd listen to all sorts of music on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Logitech UE9000s

• Advertisement
Advertisement