Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

miralize wrote: »
    Well, he is saying that regardless of the announcement, its not enough to make him change his mind. So it is kind of relevant. Kind of

both consoles are basicly the same now though :P one just has a bigger price and bigger box:pac: i like big things though :pac:

i preferred the 24hour check thing
    they got rid of alot of good things that were coming

ya have to take the bad with the good
    but in my view it seemed alot more good then bad
    i understand for people who have bad internet or no internet at all
    just unfortunately ireland aint moving fast with the times so alot of us would be the complainers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    both consoles are basicly the same now though :P one just has a bigger price and bigger box:pac: i like big things though :pac:

Big power bricks? Big motion sensing box that has to be connected in order for the console to work? €100 more?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Big power bricks? Big motion sensing box that has to be connected in order for the console to work? €100 more?

Ah seriously now, how many of actually see the power brick? Its behind the TV, completely forgot about it till you reminded me.

Don't mind kinect, if you have friends, its great craic , especially the kinect sport games, the rest is sort of crappy. I could imagine it getting better though with better hardware and the fact that every Xbox owner will now have one, developers can actually bother do something with it.

Previously it was costly as even with huge sales, it was still only a quarter or so of total Xbox sales.

your still trying to justify that their not the same :pac: when they are
    they are both giving the same services

ps4 is ps3.5
    xbone is xbox360.5

basicly all next gen consoles are getting are hardware upgrades
    thats it
    nothing else is new

power brick? would ya cop on:pac: ya dont even notice the thing haha just another thing to complain about if ya ask me
    next you'll be saying the joypad is too big

kinect is fun, so its not a bad thing? you obviously dont have family who come over and play games with you so kinect wouldnt be relevant to you, but its actually alot of fun, specially after a few bottles

100e more i agree with you
    and its the only thing id actually agree with people who are giving microsoft grief

every other decision they made, imho has been a good one, like i said before i liked the idea of 24h check in
    because it made it possible for so many more things like never having to swap a disc again, switching games on the fly
    just suited me more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Ah seriously now, how many of actually see the power brick? Its behind the TV, completely forgot about it till you reminded me.

Don't mind kinect, if you have friends, its great craic , especially the kinect sport games, the rest is sort of crappy. I could imagine it getting better though with better hardware and the fact that every Xbox owner will now have one,developers can actually bother do something with it.
    Previously it was costly as even with huge sales, it was still only a quarter or so of total Xbox sales.

It still takes up room. The ps4 has it built into the system, is a faster system in general and is smaller.

The kinect is interesting, but the fact that the ps4 hasnt bundled it, signals to me at least, that sony have given up on it. And if half (or over half) of the gamers dont have it (ps4 users) it will mean that publishers/developers have to put in the time to build a game for a select group of people. Which I think, they wont do, as they generally like having money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

FearDark wrote: »
    Fair play is all I say, usually these companies don't listen. Great news.

They still tried to screw people over in the first place. If they could have got away with with it they would. Do you honestly think you can trust MS after that?

They have already taken enough Money from me. Sorry Microsoft.....no deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

It still takes up room. The ps4 has it built into the system, is a faster system in general and is smaller.

No expert on faster or not, I lived in a box room for the first year in college and managed to fit that, so it can't be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

ps4 is ps3.5
    xbone is xbox360.5

thats it
    nothing else is new

What exactly was the huge jump between the 6th and 7th gen beyond hardware? Especially for Xbox considering that XBL was up and running. I can't remember if PSN was running on PS2.

Next gens have generally always between hardware upgrades with software coming later to change things up.
    kinect is fun, so its not a bad thing? you obviously dont have family who come over and play games with you so kinect wouldnt be relevant to you, but its actually alot of fun, specially after a few bottles

Correct Kinect isn't relevant to me. Why do I have to buy one?

every other decision they made, imho has been a good one, like i said before i liked the idea of 24h check in
    because it made it possible for so many more things like never having to swap a disc again, switching games on the fly
    just suited me more

Again this is still possible, in fact it's possible right now on your xbox 360. Just buy your games digitally from MS. Boom no more discs, switch games on the fly, share your games with family members. But apparantly these benefits that are so touted by the supporters aren't worth the extra money for the digital games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

FearDark wrote: »
    Fair play is all I say, usually these companies don't listen. Great news.

You say that like they had a choice. It was probably the biggest PR disaster in gaming history. If they didn't back down the console was dead before it was even released.

Orim wrote: »
    What exactly was the huge jump between the 6th and 7th gen beyond hardware? Especially for Xbox considering that XBL was up and running. I can't remember if PSN was running on PS2.

entertainment was added, apps added, live streaming added, everything apart from hardware on the xbox you can be considered added onto the next gen(current gen) but next gen their is actually NOTHING AT ALL just hardware nothing else

Next gens have generally always between hardware upgrades with software coming later to change things up.
    il look forward to it

Correct Kinect isn't relevant to me. Why do I have to buy one?
    i agree and you shouldnt, it has drove up the price but again i dont mind paying it, and apparently alot of other people dont mind either, but if it decreased by 100e id pay it off tomorrow :L just taking my time now until more announcements

Again this is still possible, in fact it's possible right now on your xbox 360. Just buy your games digitally from MS. Boom no more discs, switch games on the fly, share your games with family members. But apparantly these benefits that are so touted by the supporters aren't worth the extra money for the digital games.
    no i cant share a game with a family member who lives in donegal? or any other county can i? cause i wouldnt get it back for fecking ages :pac: also theirs chances of the disc been damaged , too many people afraid of change, when this change was actually good, it was an actually NEXT GEN thing, something sony didnt have at all, but people only saw the bad side of it,
    their was plenty good with it

also digital downloads cost alot of money
    alot more then full retail price at times , id rather buy the disc for full retail, install it and never have to use it again

im looking forward to next gen, mainly because the games coming out and how beautiful they look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

ps4 is ps3.5
    xbone is xbox360.5
    The PS4 is 50% more powerful while being cheaper. They're both giving the same services, which is gaming, so by that logic you might as well say an xbox is the same as 3DS.

They both are a more substantial upgrade than just a PS3.5 or a 360.5.
    thats it
    nothing else is new
    Well duh, that's how it's always worked. I don't see the problem.
    power brick? would ya cop on:pac: ya dont even notice the thing haha just another thing to complain about if ya ask me
    next you'll be saying the joypad is too big
    Well I can only speak for myself, but I honestly don't have the room for clutter with things like a power brick. With a Sky box, PS3 and Wii, it's an unnecessary waste of space I don't have. So yeah, I will complain a bit if a smaller and more powerful rival game console can integrate it right in without an issue. I don't see why it needs to be there at all, unless it's becoming their signature "thing" to do every gen.
    That's just your opinion, which is fine. Personally, I think all the motion stuff from Sony and Microsoft has been a massive gimmick and a waste of money. If I don't like Kinect and won't use it then why should it be mandatory for me?
    It'd be cheaper if you got rid of it and made it optional and if still want it, go buy it -everybody wins.
    100e more i agree with you
    and its the only thing id actually agree with people who are giving microsoft grief
    Kinect is to blame for that higher price. You'd have to ask is it worth it. To me, I'd say a firm no.
    because it made it possible for so many more things like never having to swap a disc again, switching games on the fly just suited me more
    Restricting your games, no real offline play and only owning your games until they decide when to turn the servers off was actually a good thing? Dear god.

You've been a bit conned by the 'benefits' that they had planed. Only 1 person out of those 10 people could play the game at a time. Imagine how messy that would get in trying to decide who gets to play.

I'm happy they did away with their policies. There were no benefits to it whether you thought it or not, just Microsoft being greedy and trying to exploit you as much as possible. Thank god they were told to fuck off with their dodgy practises by how low their pre-orders were, because if people didn't say anything and stupidly went along with them we'd get totally strewed over and that would become standard for all consoles.

At least we maintain our consumer rights, own our product and have far more flexibility this way, as it should be. How in the world is that worse for you?

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    The PS4 is 50% more powerful while being cheaper. They're both giving the same services, which is gaming, so by that logic you might as well say an xbox is the same as 3DS.

They both are a more substantial upgrade than just a PS3.5 or a 360.5.

Well duh, that's how it's always worked. I don't see the problem.

Well I can only speak for myself, but I honestly don't have the room for clutter with things like a power brick. With a Sky box, PS3 and Wii, it's an unnecessary waste of space I don't have. So yeah, I will complain a bit if a smaller and more powerful rival game console can integrate it right in without an issue. I don't see why it needs to be there at all, unless it's becoming their signature "thing" to do every gen.

That's just your opinion, which is fine. Personally, I think all the motion stuff from Sony and Microsoft has been a massive gimmick and a waste of money. If I don't like Kinect and won't use it then why should it be mandatory for me?
    It'd be cheaper if you got rid of it and made it optional and if still want it, go buy it -everybody wins.

Kinect is to blame for that higher price. You'd have to ask is it worth it. To me, I'd say a firm no.

Restricting your games, no real offline play and only owning your games until they decide when to turn the servers off was actually a good thing? Dear god.

You've been a bit conned by the 'benefits' that they had planed. Only 1 person out of those 10 people could play the game at a time. Imagine how messy that would get in trying to decide who gets to play.

I'm happy they did away with their policies. There were no benefits to it whether you thought it or not, just Microsoft being greedy and trying to exploit you as much as possible. Thank god they were told to fuck off with their dodgy practises by how low their pre-orders were, because if people didn't say anything and stupidly went along with them we'd get totally strewed over and that would become standard for all consoles.

At least we maintain our consumer rights, own our product and have far more flexibility this way, as it should be. How in the world is that worse for you?

too late to reply back to all that im too tired:pac: all im going to say is
    everyone has their own opinions
    you obviously dont like the xbox one or what it involves
    50 percent more power wont mean atin
    the games will still be identical in every way when the games come out for both consoles

only thing that is a difference now is the price tag
    all else is who your more loyal with now and what exclusives you'd prefer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

the games will still be identical in every way when the games come out for both consoles

What? Of course they won't.

Also Sony's exclusives are going to be graphically superior than X1s IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

This is really silly, they have stepped back on thr most annoying features of the console. Saying that Microsoft are only after making money and increasing their profits is like saying a human needs to breath and being angry about it.

Of course Microsoft want to make money, Sony are no different and the changes they were making will happen eventually, they just pushed too many changes too quickly.

I think its worth remembering that Microsoft have given us a great console in the 360 and just completely being anti-Microsoft is pointless and will only mean you miss out ob making a good choice about the consoles available because of bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Great news, Xbox One - Day 1 buy for me :)

It will be really interesting to see the effect this announcement has on sales. There goes PlayStation's unique selling point in the next gen battle.

Well you are the main reason I had to complain, with your five modems sucking all the internet out of my area..........:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I truly think you'll be proved very wrong on this point, especially 3 years down the line when your X1 isn't shiny and new any more, when the rose tint has worn off, and you see the rather large gap in quality/ability of the two console, but at least by then you'll be able to watch tv on your x1 by flailing your hands ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Me thinks yer a being a bit 2Stubborn2BReasonable, here mate.

Xbox One and PS4 are very different beasts in a lot of ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Loled

3uwz1t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

To all the people whinging about the connect, no problem that ye dont like it. It has pushed up the price of the console by $50-$100 most likely but it does something which the PS4 is now not capable of doing, that is allowing developers to innovate how people interact with games and the console. Designers can flesh out the controls of a game and not have to wonder what do we do if the person doesnt have a kinect attached.

Next week sees the MSFT developer conference, IF they announce something along the lines of windows 8 apps being capable of running on the Xbox (its a stripped down windows platform this should be a possiblity) then its a substantially different offering to the PS4. Its a software platform rather than a pure gaming platform.

Hardcore gamers will still gravitate towards the PS4 but the iphone gamer and those who are interested in the TV/Skype capabilities will buy this in droves. Thats my thoughts for what they are worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

AirDemon wrote: »
    This is really silly, they have stepped back on thr most annoying features of the console. Saying that Microsoft are only after making money and increasing their profits is like saying a human needs to breath and being angry about it.

Of course Microsoft want to make money, Sony are no different and the changes they were making will happen eventually, they just pushed too many changes too quickly.

I think its worth remembering that Microsoft have given us a great console in the 360 and just completely being anti-Microsoft is pointless and will only mean you miss out ob making a good choice about the consoles available because of bias.

MS are notorious for forcing customers into changes regardless of customer feedback.
    Outlook 2003- huge negative feedback on the ribbon menu sytem, MS basically say tough shít and proceed regardless knowing customers have little alternative.
    Windows 8- No start menu, no start button...again massive criticism of this yet again MS ignore their customers knowing they have little choice but to use Win8 etc.
    Now we have xbox one- Again MS try to force their ideas but this time customers have an alternative in the PS4. MS start to worry about the negative press as losing customers to PS4 will affect not only their console sales but also game sales and potential deals with game publishers etc.

Now I love my xbox but to be honest if I was buying a new console I think this time around it would be the PS4..PC still rocks though ;)

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if there will be a possibility of profile sharing, as in between an X1 and a 360. I'm guessing this isn't going to be an option but I've not seen anything about it. Since I can't have my old games on the X1 I'd like to be able to play some of them on the 360 so keeping my profile active on there is pretty important.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

Well, there goes the 10-user "family" game library plan.
    There goes the play your library on any Xbox One (except for perhaps your digitally purchased content).
    There goes being a lazy bugger - I'll actually have to get up and change discs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

Eh... No Don, we told you how much we hated your bull****, draconian, restrictive, vile, disgusting DRM policies and that we were going to your competitors. ****ing PR

I still won't be buying a Xbone... Both on a principle basis and the fact that Big Brother is mandatory with the entertainment system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

You keep your same gamertag (profile) between Xbox 360 and Xbox one. It will keep all your achievements and Gamerscore from both platforms (and Windows 8 / Phone 8).

Ah yeah so if I move my profile to the X1, will I be able to use the profile on the 360 at the same time? Just I know when you recover a profile from one console to another then it will not work on the original console unless you recover it back to there.

Basically I want to be able to use the profile on the X1 and the 360 without needing to recover between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Now to deal with that spy cam that they plan to install in every users home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Now to deal with that spy cam that they plan to install in every users home!

It's like something out of a batman movie.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hardcore gamers will still gravitate towards the PS4 but the iphone gamer and those who are interested in the TV/Skype capabilities will buy this in droves. Thats my thoughts for what they are worth.

It's far more likely that they'll buy whatever similar offering apple come out with, the apple tv isn't doing bad at all and with the xbox middling by not being for "hardcore gamers" there's a great opportunity here, also we have to take into account MS' generally poor image, which has been further damaged by this latest funfair. With no clear image of what the x1 is there's little chance of it being bought in droves imo.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Can someone please explain to me why the Xbox isn't for hardcore gamers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Well, to do that we first need to define what are we talking about when we refer to "Hardcore"...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement