Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I'd prefer to see what the wireless one will be like. I hate having cords hanging out of your otherwise wireless controller. The two wireless headsets for the 360 were just crap. Hopefully the one for the, well, one will be of a better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Where are people seeing it is sold separately? On this site they say
    Voice chat features require Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately).
    Now, to me, I think they'd have said the headset is sold separately from the console, rather than you need Live in addition to the headset.

Edit: I figured maybe it is on their page for the Xbox One itself. No, it isn't.
    Features and requirements are under development and may change prior to release. Available features and content may vary by country. Advanced TV and hardware required for Xbox One. Broadband internet (ISP fees apply) required for Xbox Live. Xbox Live Gold and/or additional requirements apply for some features. Games sold separetly.
    See STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS in theatres now, and again on Xbox Video late this summer. Other movies & TV shows available now on Xbox Video.
    Star Trek Into Darkness ©2013 PPC. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios, Inc.
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone/meet-xbox-one?xr=shellnav

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Where are people seeing it is sold separately? On this site they say Now, to me, I think they'd have said the headset is sold separately from the console, rather than you need Live in addition to the headset.

Edit: I figured maybe it is on their page for the Xbox One itself. No, it isn't.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone/meet-xbox-one?xr=shellnav
    I think the assumption is coming from the "Day One" product package description:
    Reserve your
    Day One Edition today.

What's included:
    • Xbox One console
    • Kinect sensor
    • Commemorative controller
    • Exclusive achievement
    • HDMI Cable
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Headset looks pretty much like it's the same as the old free one only with updated plastic molding. Would've been nice to get something for 'nothing' given the pricing point of the console, especially when the likes of Gamestop will peddle the 'free headset when you buy an Xbox One console/game/controller etc.' offer anyway like it's a quality peripheral.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Doublelime

XBox 180
    Xbox done
    Xbox one? From 2001?
    Xbox kids

4 is better than one
    Quad brotherhood
    Sony>micro$oft
    PS4 MEANT 4 MEN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Doublelime wrote: »
    XBox 180
    Xbox done
    Xbox one? From 2001?
    Xbox kids

4 is better than one
    Quad brotherhood
    Sony>micro$oft
    PS4 MEANT 4 MEN

mmm, ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

XBox 180
    Xbox done
    Xbox one? From 2001?
    Xbox kids

4 is better than one
    Quad brotherhood
    Sony>micro$oft
    PS4 MEANT 4 MEN

And so the console war ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

zero19 wrote: »
    And so the console war ended.

Will someone think of the children!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

XBox 180
    Xbox done
    Xbox one? From 2001?
    Xbox kids

4 is better than one
    Quad brotherhood
    Sony>micro$oft
    PS4 MEANT 4 MEN

As I sit here waiting for the doctor, I have time to comment on your post. Poor sentence structure, lack of sense, and pretty poor writing overall.

Oh and trolling. Lots and lots of trolling.

1 week ban.

I think the assumption is coming from the "Day One" product package description:

Link
    Yeah, I just put a bit more effort in to looking this up... It's talked about in the video here from 12:10 to 13:20 or something. It's talking about how kinect can be used for voice chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

XBox 180
    Xbox done
    Xbox one? From 2001?
    Xbox kids

4 is better than one
    Quad brotherhood
    Sony>micro$oft
    PS4 MEANT 4 MEN

Oh no, the console war in this generation will be decided by Beat Poetry.

Pushtrak wrote:
    It's talked about in the video here from 12:10 to 13:20 or something. It's talking about how kinect can be used for voice chat.

I think that's they way that they are looking to show the benefit of Kinect - it can be used for the Voice Chat. Also, it will allow for third party companies to licence manufacture of headsets (Turtle Beach, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Buy it day one and you get a free hdmi cable.........

NORTH1 wrote: »
    Buy the console whenever and you'll get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

The console is HDMI only so I assume that will be with them permanantly

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Sold! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

;) actually you'll need two HDMI cables, in and out ports....so a free cable wouldnt be a bad idea! :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    Sold! :p

ahhh the old bundle offers, get this AMAZING 19.99 HDMI cable for free!!!

walks in 1 euro shop, HDMI cable 1 euro..........

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

;) actually you'll need two HDMI cables, in and out ports....so a free cable wouldnt be a bad idea! :cool:

Some people would have one in their 360 so one would be able to swap around if needs be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

You'll also need a new satellite box too in most cases

• Registered Users Posts: 13,908 ✭✭✭✭briany

What's the situation regarding power for the controller? I heard it's now a built in rechargeable power pack. If it is, it had better be rechargeable via USB. There's really no excuse for wireless controllers not to be in 2013, especially when the PS3 did it back in 2007. I hate that money milking needlessly elaborate recharger kit shíte.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    What's the situation regarding power for the controller? I heard it's now a built in rechargeable power pack. If it is, it had better be rechargeable via USB. There's really no excuse for wireless controllers not to be in 2013, especially when the PS3 did it back in 2007. I hate that money milking needlessly elaborate recharger kit shíte.

Nope, still AA batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nope, still AA batteries.

That can't be true, surely...

Grayditch wrote: »
    That can't be true, surely...

They even said it themselves. Their big thing was that it's more integrated into the controller and there's no bulge like the 360 controller but there's still no built-in battery, still AA's.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They even said it themselves. Their big thing was that it's more integrated into the controller and there's no bulge like the 360 controller but there's still no built-in battery, still AA's.

Unreal. People may add the battery pack and (presumably) specific charge cable to the price, so. I really wish Microsoft would just ease up on being the scabbiest misers, even just in small instances like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

briany wrote: »

Pushtrak posted this earlier:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-next-gen-joypads-a-true-evolution
    The new Microsoft Xbox One controller is palm-gripped in a similar way to its forebear, with a battery compartment (fitting both AA batteries or a rechargeable lithium-ion pack) that's now flush with the back of unit. There are no proprietary power cables this time either - power and data now route through the mini USB interface at its head.
    I assume you'll need to buy the battery pack, but when installed, you can charge it through the usb plug.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Cienciano wrote: »
    Pushtrak posted this earlier:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-next-gen-joypads-a-true-evolution

I assume you'll need to buy the battery pack, but when installed, you can charge it through the usb plug.

I like AA batteries, much easier to replace in 6 years when the recharge is not holding so long

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

liamog wrote: »
    I like AA batteries, much easier to replace in 6 years when the recharge is not holding so long

Or do quick swaps between battery packs while playing the game, tbh I wouldn't want to have it any other way. I often run out of charge in the middle of the game, bought 20 euro controller dock with 2 battery packs. One charges, while the other plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,908 ✭✭✭✭briany

Here's what I'd do if I was good guy console maker,

Put a mini USB port in the top of the controller and a removable rechargeable battery pack in the controller. You recharge the controller with an included 2 metre USB cable and in the case that the battery wears out after a reasonable amount (not taking the **** by engineering them to wear out after a year), just keep it connected via the cable all the time or go out and buy a new one for a reasonable price. Is there any problem with that besides foregoing the opportunity for cynical exploitation of your loyal customers?
    liamog wrote: »

Wouldn't complain. A hypothetical 6 years is more than ample. That's about the lifespan of a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The battery pack thing is a personal preference. I have 3 controllers for my PS, one is always fully charged. My original one hasn't any noticeable battery performance, built in battery is fine by me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I've a pile of rechargeable AA's, the cover my 360 controllers, scene it remotes, TV, keyboard and mouse. The local Dunnes stock them. I tried the play and charge kits with the 360 but its just not as convenient.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement