Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Seeing what COD looks like on a next generation console will be interesting. It's gonna look so different and just amazing. It has to.

it will look the exact same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

it will look the exact same

Applicable username is applicable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Seeing what COD looks like on a next generation console will be interesting. It's gonna look so different and just amazing. It has to.

Id be happy with a mild improvement in graphics, but I'd love to see the introduction of destructible environments. it'd be awesome to see the timbers in firing range or the cabana in hijacked get blown to bits by bullets and c4 over the course of the match. It'd keep thing interesting then by making it harder for fellas to camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

TODAY IS THE DAY

hope its not a flop, i feel like the ps4 presentation was very dull and boring to be honest
    if they showed the console i probably would of gave it abit better of a watch

graphics dont bother me once their is actual improvements to either of the consoles il be happy with what ever i pick, last thing i want is to buy the next xbox or ps4 and relise the only thing different is the console itself and the graphics, would be a waste of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Id be happy with a mild improvement in graphics, but I'd love to see the introduction of destructible environments. it'd be awesome to see the timbers in firing range or the cabana in hijacked get blown to bits by bullets and c4 over the course of the match. It'd keep thing interesting then by making it harder for fellas to camp.

Similarly to the EA Sports yearly iterations, I think the the Next Cod won't be much different on Next-Gen this year. Holidays 2014 though, hopefully we will start to see new engines for major franchises that have rested on their laurels for a while.

So yea, look forward to Fifa 15 and Black Ops 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What time does it start lads? Will it be streamed to the Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Keno 92 wrote: »
    What time does it start lads? Will it be streamed to the Xbox?

Six today our time and it will be streamed to xbox.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

That tornado that hit Oklahoma is looking like it was a huge deal. I wonder will they cancel/postpone the event because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    graphics dont bother me once their is actual improvements to either of the consoles il be happy with what ever i pick, last thing i want is to buy the next xbox or ps4 and relise the only thing different is the console itself and the graphics, would be a waste of money

And what, pray tell, was the difference between Xbox1 ->360 and PS2->PS3 may I ask? XBL already existed for Xbox 1 while Sony got PSN.

It is just a different console with better graphics. Everything else has been done, just the games will be larger in scale. Unless you want to buy into all the Kinect 2.0 gimmick.

I don't know what you are expecting from next gen but this is it, if you thought the PS4 show was boring, what more do you want. Do you want what I hope MS does not do and have kids waving their arms around stage with Kinect. Sony went for the hard core gamers and talked about the consoles specs, MS need to do the same as the Kinect casual market will not buy a €500 console at launch.

Sadly the days of the technological jumps from the SNES to N64 are gone. I don't think we will ever see an upgrade like that again unless we get full 3D VR like Star Trek holo decks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

stevenmu wrote: »
    That tornado that hit Oklahoma is looking like it was a huge deal. I wonder will they cancel/postpone the event because of it.

It was in tornado ally and all but a 1.5 mile wide tornado was a freak event. If it is cancelled no biggie really. It's so close to E3 as it is. It's only a 1hr show and tell, I'm sure they can squeeze that into a pre E3 conference. Unlike Sony's 2+hr event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

And what, pray tell, was the difference between Xbox1 ->360 and PS2->PS3 may I ask? XBL already existed for Xbox 1 while Sony got PSN.

It is just a different console with better graphics. Everything else has been done, just the games will be larger in scale. Unless you want to buy into all the Kinect 2.0 gimmick.

I don't know what you are expecting from next gen but this is it, if you thought the PS4 show was boring, what more do you want. Do you want what I hope MS does not do and have kids waving their arms around stage with Kinect. Sony went for the hard core gamers and talked about the consoles specs, MS need to do the same as the Kinect casual market will not buy a €500 console at launch.

Sadly the days of the technological jumps from the SNES to N64 are gone. I don't think we will ever see an upgrade like that again unless we get full 3D VR like Star Trek holo decks.

difference between xbox 1 and xbox360 is me being 8years old and 13 years old :pac: and having a connection so xbox360 to me WAS NEW so dont get burt hurt pal haha

xbox360 introduced sky player, netflix, online connection games (for me regarding wifi connection ) better servers BIG graphic improvements( although i didnt care to much for that )

just because i have my opinion no need to lash out mate haha sony presentation was boring
    only reason people watched it was for specs and to see what the console looked like, so it was a flop for many people
    THATS MY OPINION
    i didnt like it simple as that so im hoping microsoft can do one better
    if they cant , i wont switch for at least a year or 2 after their releases and il pick then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

aIeSJC1h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

T minus 400 minutes and counting.

It was in tornado ally and all but a 1.5 mile wide tornado was a freak event. If it is cancelled no biggie really. It's so close to E3 as it is. It's only a 1hr show and tell, I'm sure they can squeeze that into a pre E3 conference. Unlike Sony's 2+hr event.
    Yeah, I just wonder if they might decide for PR reasons that it's better not to go ahead today. You're right, I think they could easily do a pre-E3 event if needs be.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Wireless controllers, media-streaming, achievements, Blu-ray players (PS3), swappable HDDs, USB-drive support, downloadable games, web-browsing (PS3 and finally 360).

All these little things along with the expansion of services offered over their lifespan. You'd take all of them for granted now but each generation brings with it some amount of innovation or renovation. Individually they aren't ground-breaking but all together they form a feature set of a generation. The next generation will hopefully bring similar advancements.

The likes of smartglass integration with games is something I'd like to see developed further and well. Being able to use your Smartphone or tablet in conjunction with certain types of games would appeal to me (inventory management, data entry (qwerty), maps, stats, live friends lists, sharing of pics/vids etc.)

It's easy to be cynical about a new generation of consoles and write them off as processing and graphical boosters but look at all the other advances in technology in the years the current generation has been out. There was no such thing as an iPhone when the 360 was released. There's massive potential to branch out and truly innovate. I'm cautiously optimistic and more than a little excited about what they will come up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah, I just wonder if they might decide for PR reasons that it's better not to go ahead today. You're right, I think they could easily do a pre-E3 event if needs be.

I doubt they will or they would have mentioned something by now.

Instead, they have posted on their social networks reminding everyone of the reveal this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Not a chance, they need some buzz going into E3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

They won't cancel it. All the media are on the ground already at MS's expense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

still think price will be a major factor, people won't make the jump from a €200 console and €40 games to a €400-€500 console and €60-€70 games, not in this eceonomic climate.

still think price will be a major factor, people won't make the jump from a €200 console and €40 games to a €400-€500 console and €60-€70 games, not in this eceonomic climate.

Highly unlikely there'll be a price announced for the console, but games will cost about a tenner more as vendors don't immediately start discounting them - that usually takes 6 months or so until the install base warrants it

I don't think we'll see the release date confirmed today either

• Advertisement

Hm, I'd be inclined to wager on a release date, though yeah, not a price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Any links to where the live stream will be? Would rather watch on the pc than the 360

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Hm, I'd be inclined to wager on a release date, though yeah, not a price.

You'll get a vague "before the holidays"

It's kinda known when we'll see it in relative terms to the PS4 launch, but nobody's willing to say it yet for one reason or another. We have a cover booked for launch month already (been booked since April), so I know the month, and the fact that there's commercial terms attached means I can't actually say it, but I'm really surprised it's not come out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

EnterNow wrote: »
    Any links to where the live stream will be? Would rather watch on the pc than the 360

http://www.gametrailers.com/next-xbox

Can't wait till they reveal Kinectimils 2 :P

COYVB wrote: »
    You'll get a vague "before the holidays"
    Maybe. They could just come out and say November though. In either case, while I figure there to be good odds on them saying November, my main concern is the games. I know not to expect too much here, what with holding stuff for E3... But even though I know that, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

iMuse wrote: »
    http://www.gametrailers.com/next-xbox

Can't wait till they reveal Kinectimils 2 :P
    Also on Xbox.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hopefully we get to see some decent games. That's all I am asking for.
    At the 360 reveal we got to see Dead or Alive 4 and Perfect Dark (among other titles) The ps4 conference sucked. Give me something MS! :P

Doom 4 even ... show us something cool! :pac:

Hopefully we get to see some decent games. That's all I am asking for.
    At the 360 reveal we got to see Dead or Alive 4 and Perfect Dark (among other titles) The ps4 conference sucked. Give me something MS! :P

Domm 4 even ... show us something cool! :pac:

You might get Halo 5

I wouldn't expect to see too many games, they've pointed out a few times that this event is about the platform, E3 will be for games. I'm sure they'll show a few, but probably not very many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

What are the odds on the console releasing on the same day as the next Call of Duty (13/11/13 I think) and that game being exclusive to xbox for the first month?

you'd have to imagine theres a fair bit of corporate espionage going on - MS surely have some info on Sonys release date so it'd make sense that they'd try and undermine them as much as possible, much like sony did with yesterdays tease of the PS4 box.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement