Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

This thread is so negative maybe its time to lighting the mood and talk about games so i have my xbox payed off now and dead rising looks class so will pre order that what games are the people that pre ordered it all ready getting for it and as its sold out nearly every where there must be plenty of people on here that has ordered some games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dmcdante wrote: »
    This thread is so negative maybe its time to lighting the mood and talk about games so i have my xbox payed off now and dead rising looks class so will pre order that what games are the people that pre ordered it all ready getting for it and as its sold out nearly every where there must be plenty of people on here that has ordered some games

Good man yourself. its a bit like coming out of the closet admitting you're getting one.

I've 100 paid off on mine, I haven't decided what games I'm going to get with it, it'll depend a lot on whats actually available. COD ghosts is definitely going to get a whirl, Battlefield 4 is very tempting as well though. Titanfall, Forza 5 and Dead rising are all interesting as well.

Good man yourself. its a bit like coming out of the closet admitting you're getting one.

I've 100 paid off on mine, I haven't decided what games I'm going to get with it, it'll depend a lot on whats actually available. COD ghosts is definitely going to get a whirl, Battlefield 4 is very tempting as well though. Titanfall, Forza 5 and Dead rising are all interesting as well.
    God i forgot about battlefield and that looks unreal to anybody thinging about getting that RISE game it does look rather pretty but the gameplay seems rather poor but with some luck it might be worth a buy when it goes down in price

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

1ZRed wrote: »
    I'm annoyed that this much RAM is going to wasted on OSes and social crap my smartphone is more than capable of doing. Whatever happened to putting all the power into the games?

You can blame all the people who spent most of the current gen complaining that they couldn't have have group-party-chat-facebook-youtube-orgies on their PS3 while they played a game.

So this time around both MS and Sony are keeping plenty of RAM free to cater for this, and whatever else might pop up in the next few years. Altough I suspect that the majority of the time, the RAM will just be sitting there unused.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

RAM her? I hardly knew her...

sorry...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

games I have preordered are

COD GHOSTS
    battlefield 4
    titanfall
    fifa 14

have about 400 paid off..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

didnt think you could pre order titanfall already:P considering its so far away

also i cant imagin fifa 14 being any different compared to this gens console, although i personally hate fifa games :L the ai is just terrible

games I have preordered are

COD GHOSTS
    battlefield 4
    titanfall
    fifa 14

have about 400 paid off..........

I think I'd have to play titanfall before I'd commit to buying it. It looks great and all but I'm not sure if the whole sci-fi shooter thing is my cup of tea. going to make a burst now over the next few weeks and try and get as much as possible paid off the console. I'll still be hanging onto my 360 for GTAV anyway!

Ya i am on the fence with titanfall to but the 360 has so many great games coming out even next year i don't see myself putting it away for very long when the one comes

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Toy's R us have the release date down for the 29th of Nov, with the Ps3 following on the 13th of Dec.

LINK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Kxiii wrote: »
    Toy's R us have the release date down for the 29th of Nov, with the Ps3 following on the 13th of Dec.

LINK

Definitely a place holder. Sony know better than to release it that late.

I would be thinking the same, they'll almost definitely be having it out in time for Thanksgiving in the US. they've already confirmed that its going to be a worldwide same day launch. I reckon It'll be out a bit earlier than that actually - around the 5th november to coincide with the next call of duty release.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Kxiii wrote: »

LINK

If Sony were did release it on the 13th ( which does happen to be a Friday ) anyone who does not get a launch day model will be waiting till 2014 for more stock to come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

mines paid off, six weeks off the bulmers cleared it, have cod ghost pre ordered, considering titan fall, ryse, and watch dogs, probably get all three, shame about gta not coming to the one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Another payment today, three fifty paid off. I don't plan on picking up any multi platform titles for it though, unless there's some next gen exclusive features in Ghosts and possibly Destiny given the rest of the series will be next gen

First games I'm heading for are Dead Rising 3,Minecraft, Titan fall and Ryse a bit after launch as I'd speculate it will be one of the first to reduce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Where is the best place to pre-order the one at this stage? Amazon have a launch day console available but that wouldn't get posted till a few days after its released, gamestop/smyths?

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to pre-order the one at this stage? Amazon have a launch day console available but that wouldn't get posted till a few days after its released, gamestop/smyths?

Would have to go with GameStop.

I preordered with smyths for my wii u and whatever happened I never got a call to say come In and pay something off to guarantee and I ended up running around like a fool trying to get a launch wii u.

No fault of smyths staff btw but the managers don't seem to give a rats arse

As of Friday we are still taking Day One Edition orders in Smyths, no word to the contrary so far. As far as I know Gamestop have no day one left

niallon wrote: »
    As of Friday we are still taking Day One Edition orders in Smyths, no word to the contrary so far. As far as I know Gamestop have no day one left

Well if GameStop no longer have day one then smyths :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

niallon wrote: »

Cheers,

Is there a minimum deposit?

Cheers,

Is there a minimum deposit?

Twenty quid deposit. Also gift cards can be topped up to pay money off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I don't necessarily think it'll be that far wrong. You lads will almost definitely be getting it after us in NA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

COYVB wrote: »
    I don't necessarily think it'll be that far wrong. You lads will almost definitely be getting it after us in NA

So close to xmas would be a big mistake, too many people will think twice about it when they're trying to get their other presents etc. tied up around the same time. An earlier November date gives people much more time to look at the price and bundles and plan accordingly. The only market it wouldn't really affect are the core that will have it penned down as a priority purchase and will buy it for themselves but that's not the xmas market and the reason why things are released it the run up to it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The game DVR function needs a Gold membership to upload vids....this sucks ass!

http://onehitpixel.com/2013/08/07/xbox-ones-game-recording-features-restricted-to-xbox-live-gold-members/48066
    not really, why would you bother buying an xbox one without buying a Gold membership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

From what I've read it only records the last five minutes of gameplay.

I'd much rather be able to edit and save the video after a game not have to stop and do it mid game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

not really, why would you bother buying an xbox one without buying a Gold membership.

does that apply to a fecking tv guide......come on!, this is dreadful carry on!
    if sky forced you to pay for their tv guide people would be up in arms!
    you cant watch Netflix without gold...so you pay twice.

the ps3 you can launch the app without having ps plus

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

does that apply to a fecking tv guide......come on!, this is dreadful carry on!
    if sky forced you to pay for their tv guide people would be up in arms!
    you cant watch Netflix without gold...so you pay twice.

the ps3 you can launch the app without having ps plus

Don't you need live gold for Netflix on the 360 as well?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

the gpu clock increase is not hardware or firmware....its a piece of fecking software! http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2034233/xbox_one_price_wont_be_reduced_by_microsoft.html

like an overclock utility....jaysus.

The Microsoft rep was also quizzed on the recent GPU upgrade - which saw the hardware have its clock speed improved by 53MHz - and whether any other pieces of hardware could have a similar upgrade.

Microsoft replied with: "the changes Mark detailed regarding the clock speed of the GPU were software changes to the OS.

"Building a console like Xbox One entails years of planning, supply chain management, purchasing agreements for components, etc and is for the most part locked at the time you start to put development kits into the hands of developers."

So, in other words, the GPU was upgraded with a software improvement and not, as it was made out to seem, a hardware upgrade. The Xbox One specs are, for all intents and purposes, the same now as they will be on launch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement