Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Don't you need live gold for Netflix on the 360 as well?

:eek: tis a scandal joe!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

the gpu clock increase is not hardware or firmware....its a piece of fecking software! http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2034233/xbox_one_price_wont_be_reduced_by_microsoft.html

like an overclock utility....jaysus.

So? There was no way it was gonna be hardware and firmware is software/OS. Seriously, you'd bitch about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

does that apply to a fecking tv guide......come on!, this is dreadful carry on!
    if sky forced you to pay for their tv guide people would be up in arms!
    you cant watch Netflix without gold...so you pay twice.

the ps3 you can launch the app without having ps plus
    well that's good for playstation but I have paid my gold membership since 2004 all for superior online game play so all these apps such as Sky and Netflix are free bonuses since I have Sky and Netflix on other devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Tbf only a minority will be using that feature anyway and we don't know if the PS4 will be the same. For youtube videos and that, 720p seems grand. 1080p would be better yet but it's no deal breaker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

does that apply to a fecking tv guide......come on!, this is dreadful carry on!
    if sky forced you to pay for their tv guide people would be up in arms!
    you cant watch Netflix without gold...so you pay twice.

the ps3 you can launch the app without having ps plus

hey richard go back to the sony thread polzzzz
    cause your nothing but a whiney bitch as far as im concerned :pac: its clear your getting a ps4 , but why bother posting constant updates on stuff that you complain about? thinking people will follow your lead its pathetic. we dont care, who ever has pre ordered an xbox one at this point is nearly already guaranteed their going to be buying it.

who would buy an xbox one without gold membership? if people havnt learned their lesson from the xbox360 about getting gold to use apps and to play online, well then thats their problem. Stick with your ps4 im happy for you, but your not lighting up the xbox one thread with all your FAILED attempts at trying to make it look bad,

Theirs no need to try and justify your buying of the ps4, but for gods sake we dont need to hear you bitch everyday about how "bad" the xboxone is.
    your a troll, and considering how long you have been on this website, you should be more mature then most, but your really just a spammer and a troll in one

Thank you mod i will happily take an infraction for this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    who would buy an xbox one without gold membership?

Probably the ~40M people who have a 360 with no gold membership.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

From what I've read it only records the last five minutes of gameplay.

I'd much rather be able to edit and save the video after a game not have to stop and do it mid game.

No. It automatically records 5 minutes, so if you weren't planning on recording, but doing something so amazing you just have to share it with the whole world, it will have been recorded for you.

You can manually record whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Never heard of the site (but then again I dont read too many xbox dedicated sites) but
    RUMOR: 70% Likelihood of 12 GB of RAM on Xbox One

https://xboxuncut.squarespace.com/rumor-70-likelihood-of-12gb-of-ram-on-xbox-one

Would be great as would drag out the lifecycle of the console, probably little to no improvements on games currently in development being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

maximoose wrote: »
    There is a significant price difference between the Xbox 360 and Xbox one. I wouldn't expect that many people to buy a €500 euro console to game offline. I think many offline gamers will stick with the 360, I am keeping my 360 for playing a few offline campaign modes on the older games.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,900 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

From what I've read it only records the last five minutes of gameplay.

I'd much rather be able to edit and save the video after a game not have to stop and do it mid game.

It continually records the last 5 minutes - but portions of that time can be saved by saying somthing like 'Xbox, record that', and it will instantly store the previous 30 seconds (maybe more, don't know).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Never heard of the site (but then again I dont read too many xbox dedicated sites) but

https://xboxuncut.squarespace.com/rumor-70-likelihood-of-12gb-of-ram-on-xbox-one

Would be great as would drag out the lifecycle of the console, probably little to no improvements on games currently in development being honest.

A completely unknown, small, random fan site claims to have a source inside MS? Sure.

The decision to add more RAM or not has already been made, the 70% implies that they are still considering it, which makes the rumour even less credible. His source should be able to give a straight yes or no at this stage.

A completely unknown, small, random fan site claims to have a source inside MS? Sure.

The decision to add more RAM or not has already been made, the 70% implies that they are still considering it, which makes the rumour even less credible. His source should be able to give a straight yes or no at this stage.

As MS even said, the hardware has been locked down for many months now....you cant just add an extra 4GB, it would need a mobo refresh and design changes.

If there was positive X1 news i'd report it...but tis all negative, i'm pro PS4 because everything so far is pro.

If Sony had pulled a MS i'd be bitching about the PS4 and :cool: the Xbox One.

This is *not* a fanboy thing, I have no preference or loyality to a company...its just MS keep fecking things up and making me not want the One.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    hey richard go back to the sony thread polzzzz
    cause your nothing but a whiney bitch as far as im concerned :pac: its clear your getting a ps4 , but why bother posting constant updates on stuff that you complain about? thinking people will follow your lead its pathetic. we dont care, who ever has pre ordered an xbox one at this point is nearly already guaranteed their going to be buying it.

who would buy an xbox one without gold membership? if people havnt learned their lesson from the xbox360 about getting gold to use apps and to play online, well then thats their problem. Stick with your ps4 im happy for you, but your not lighting up the xbox one thread with all your FAILED attempts at trying to make it look bad,

Theirs no need to try and justify your buying of the ps4, but for gods sake we dont need to hear you bitch everyday about how "bad" the xboxone is.
    your a troll, and considering how long you have been on this website, you should be more mature then most, but your really just a spammer and a troll in one

Thank you mod i will happily take an infraction for this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

it's NOWHERE near that high

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

If there was positive X1 news i'd report it...but tis all negative, i'm pro PS4 because everything so far is pro.

This is *not* a fanboy thing, I have no preference or loyality to a company...its just MS keep fecking things up and making me not want the One.

Sony have pulled an MS. At first the PS4 was all "8GB of RAM for games" now it's actually 5GB +1GB in certain circumstances - just like MS. At the time MS were slated for reserving OS RAM yet Sony got a free pass when they announce the same a month later.

Then you came in screaming blue murder about a clock speed increase done using software - an extremely common and straightforward method of setting higher clock speeds in CPUs and GPUs alike. Not to mention your seeming lack of understanding that firmware is software too - easily changeable and exactly the type of thing you'd use to increase clock rates of hardware.

You claim you have no agenda but really your actions don't do that theory any justice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

COYVB wrote: »
    it's NOWHERE near that high

Was going from memory of this

77m 360s sold, 46m xbl subscriptions (and that includes silver according to article)

I suppose there's a huge amount of factors that affect the figures postively and negatively so very hard to get an accurate figure

Was going from memory of this

77m 360s sold, 46m xbl subscriptions (and that includes silver according to article)

I suppose there's a huge amount of factors that affect the figures postively and negatively so very hard to get an accurate figure

77m Xbox 360s sold =/= mean 77m Xbox 360 owners, particularly given the massive failure rate of consoles and high level of modding (ergo banned consoles/players with dual console setups)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ever since you got a ban from here, you've posted nothing but bad news stories regarding Microsoft, even during times where it's looking a lot better for MS. Pease don't try to defend it. People only have to look through your posting history on both forums to see the difference.

The only reason I haven't pulled you for trolling is that pretty much everyone of the forum knows who you are and know you are clearly a PS fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Some more good news, headset is included in every box.
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/08/08/xbox-one-includes-chat-headset

When will the 180's stop? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I really dislike that guy.

Hryb is good people

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I disagree, but he is probably perfect for the current generation of young gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

COYVB wrote: »
    Hryb is good people

3uwz1t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

jester77 wrote: »

Nice box also the power switch is pretty cool. I also liked how the power supply unit has the same black shading as the console.

Some more good news, headset is included in every box.
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/08/08/xbox-one-includes-chat-headset

When will the 180's stop? :D

See...if this news had appeared last night i'd report this and be yay!....but nah, i'm just an xbox hater........:rolleyes:

Nice box also the power switch is pretty cool. I also liked how the power supply unit has the same black shading as the console.

And why does the X1 need a huge power brick when the smaller PS4 dosent :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

See...if this news had appeared last night i'd report this and be yay!....but nah, i'm just an xbox hater........:rolleyes:
    And why does the X1 need a huge power brick when the smaller PS4 dosent :confused:

Rolleyes indeed.

Rolleyes indeed.

Its a legit question....PS4 = smaller and no brick, X1 = bigger and a brick....why :confused:

• Advertisement

And you don't need a gold sub to upload/stream gameplay vids or access Netflix on PS4: http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/08/playstation-plus-wont-be-required-to-record-and-stream-video-on-ps4/

So you can see why the PS4 is the better console.........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement