Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Well, I've bought 2 play and charge kits over the past few years. Maybe should have invested in a AA recharger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Would be lovely....except the micro USB cable is not included in the box, a 20 Euro add-on i bet :rolleyes:

Do you need to use the roll eyes emoticon?? It gives the impression you are stirring it here!!

What I'm mostly looking forward with the Xbox one is while we will be gaming with mostly adults the ps4 is gonna attract those screaming kids in shooter games just because its a cheaper option for parents :D

Enjoy the ps4 Richard ;)

Do you need to use the roll eyes emoticon?? It gives the impression you are stirring it here!!

What I'm mostly looking forward with the Xbox one is while we will be gaming with mostly adults the ps4 is gonna attract those screaming kids in shooter games just because its a cheaper option for parents :D

That's a stretch for a bit of a stir yourself.

Grayditch wrote: »
    That's a stretch for a bit of a stir yourself.

Shhhh ;)

On a serious note I reckon both consoles are gonna be kick ass for exclusives!!

Ill be buying a ps 4 down the line too if I'm honest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I anticipate the biggest factor in hearing screaming kids is which console readily provides a headset. Which, from my understanding means both consoles. I reckon people who had a ps3 and will get a ps4 will become quickly aware of why party chat is such a plus for people who play on the 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

For me, the brick is a con (a slight con) against the X1 - not a dealbreaker but not happy about it either. The batteries on the other hand, well they edge closer to being a plus than a minus - again not enough to weigh significantly in it's favour.

If these are the things people choose pick on then not all is going too badly :P
    Yeah both cons are small and are far outweighed by all the positives of the console.

The point I am trying to make is that both these cons should of been rectified when moving on from the 360 Imo.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I anticipate the biggest factor in hearing screaming kids is which console readily provides a headset. Which, from my understanding means both consoles. I reckon people who had a ps3 and will get a ps4 will become quickly aware of why party chat is such a plus for people who play on the 360.

I know you are right but I so hope you are wrong lol

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Enjoy the ps4 Richard ;)

In a nice exclusive club too :pac:

Ill be buying a ps 4 down the line too if I'm honest :)

Serious gamers (I don't mean this as elitism) will probably get both, alright.

After they buy a gaming PC, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Once again you bítch about everything Xbox related even when it's a positive. Overheating is a huge problem for electronics especially ones like computers and games consoles that use a lot of power and produce a lot of heat. For these devices overheating will always be an issue. Normally, overheating won't be an issue but in certain circumstances external factors will hamper the console's ability to dissipate heat, sometimes severely. Examples of this is where the room it is in is very hot (thing of places like Texas or Spain on their hottest days with no air con), the area it is in is very hot (if you have a lot of heat producing electronics in a small area), poor or no airflow in the area it is in, something covering the air vents, excess dust clogging up the vents and fans etc.

According to the article, with the old Xbox it would once it got too hot it would shut down to prevent damage to the components. With the new one it will be able to reduce the clock speed so that it produces less heat instead of just shutting down. This isn't anything really new or ground breaking, lots of things do this including PCs. It's a good thing though as the alternatives are shutting down the system or letting it continue and frying/melting itself. So which would you prefer, the console to A) still operate but at reduced performance, B) shut itself down or C) melt into a big pile of goop? Answers on the back of a postcard please.

Remember this isn't something that it will do normally, it will do it when the consoles can't dissipate heat as well as it should in normal conditions.

its funny i got a warning for saying that to him :pac:

flyingirishman - http://www.videogamer.com/news/dont_believe_xbox_one_delay_reports_says_microsoft.html

bad badddd psfanboys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Major Nelson tweeted this link confirming the launch markets for November (not March for us!).
    http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/xbox-one-confirmed-markets

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

It wasn't for called him a "Whiney little bitch", no, it was the informative content of your post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

flyingirishman - http://www.videogamer.com/news/dont_believe_xbox_one_delay_reports_says_microsoft.html

bad badddd psfanboys

Xbox One reduced from 21 launch markets, to 13 launch markets just today.
    Officially confirmed:

You were saying?

(Mostly European countries delayed, Ireland is still on the list so it doesn't affect anyone here.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

bad badddd psfanboys

And FYI.....i didnt report you, the mod is a gamer himself and reads all the posts so i assume he saw yours. I very rarely, if ever report people.......:)

Officially confirmed:

You were saying?

(Mostly European countries delayed, Ireland is still on the list so it doesn't affect anyone here.)

Belgium getting shafted again....they are always left out of the party :P

Belgium have the best beer and chocolate. I don't feel bad for them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Officially confirmed:

You were saying?

They've been so busy changing and revising policies that they forgot to actually start making them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Officially confirmed:

You were saying?

i was implying for here :pac: get of your high horse kid

and richard downer i wouldnt blame you if you did report me cause ive reported you to many times , its nice to be nice, give a little take a litte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Is there any pictures of the Xbox Ones internals out there? I'd like to see what's inside.

• Advertisement

i was implying for here :pac: get of your high horse kid

and richard downer i wouldnt blame you if you did report me cause ive reported you to many times , its nice to be nice, give a little take a litte

There's no need to be condescending either, though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I need to see the PS4 internals before I compliment them on good internal design.I hope the console works very well.

I'll be really interested to see how they keep the PS4 hardware cool. I find it odd that Sony hasnt shown off the internals, it seems to me that they might not be confident enough to show what they have yet.

I need to see the PS4 internals before I compliment them on good internal design.I hope the console works very well.

I'll be really interested to see how they keep the PS4 hardware cool. I find it odd that Sony hasnt shown off the internals, it seems to me that they might not be confident enough to show what they have yet.

Wouldn't worry. Sony are a hardware company and they know how to make high quality devices, and they've a good track record in quality. It's Microsoft you should be more concerned about given the history.

It's not odd that they haven't shown off the internals. Nintendo didn't do it with the Wii U, in fact nobody was doing it last gen, that was just Microsoft's marketing plan to generate hype and interest. Just like their official unboxing, it's all to generate buzz and interest.

Sony have released the operating temperature and it's lower than the PS3. Isn't that all you need really? They probably don't see it as important to show you the inside, because really, we know what's going to be in it, so why bother? Would be cool to see, but it's ultimately unimportant

justryan wrote: »
    Is there any pictures of the Xbox Ones internals out there? I'd like to see what's inside.

Xbox One internals.
    xbox-one-hardware.jpg

Nothing for PS4 unfortunately, Sony won't show the internals. Doesn't inspire confidence.

Xbox One internals.

Nothing for PS4 unfortunately, Sony won't show the internals. Doesn't inspire confidence.

In fairness if they did show it off what would you say? "Oh that's nice"? Even from the X1 teardown it didn't tell us anything about how effectively it'll keep cool. It just showed the parts really, but what more could you expect from something like that either.

Doesn't really plant any doubts with me. I've never had a Sony product break.

1ZRed wrote: »
    Wouldn't worry. Sony are a hardware company and they know how to make high quality devices, and they've a good track record in quality. It's Microsoft you should be more concerned about given the history.

It's not odd that they haven't shown off the internals. Nintendo didn't do it with the Wii U, in fact nobody was doing it last gen, that was just Microsoft's marketing plan to generate hype and interest. Just like their official unboxing, it's all to generate buzz and interest.

Sony have released the operating temperature and it's lower than the PS3. Isn't that all you need really? They probably don't see it as important to show you the inside, because really, we know what's going to be in it, so why bother? Would be cool to see, but it's ultimately unimportant

I agree that in the last console generation hardware show and tells were not the norm however with Sony promoting their hardware specs its surprising that they aren't backing it up. Everything we have seen about the hardware is just paper stats. I look forward to when the PS4 is available and reviewers open it up and review the hardware and cooling capabilities.

I agree that in the last console generation hardware show and tells were not the norm however with Sony promoting their hardware specs its surprising that they aren't backing it up. Everything we have seen about the hardware is just paper stats. I look forward to when the PS4 is available and reviewers open it up and review the hardware and cooling capabilities.

I get what you mean, but paper stats are real stats. They aren't just saying all that until someone opens the case and sees they were just trolling us.

But again it all just boils down to marketing. MS had a lot of heat to throw off and they used the internals as a distraction. They used their unboxing to draw attention. Nothing wrong with it, that's just their marketing strategy. Sony had a different approach and might feel they don't have to or they just might not have an interest in it, because it is juvenile to think that they'll do it just because MS did. Many people don't care about the internals, because we already know the specs, so they could be saying "why bother"?

1ZRed wrote: »
    In fairness if they did show it off what would you say? "Oh that's nice"? Even from the X1 teardown it didn't tell us anything about how effectively it'll keep cool. It just showed the parts really, but what more could you expect from something like that either.

I'd look to see how it keeps its hardware cool in its design. The Xbox one has a very large fan and appears to be a very open design with many vents.
    Spending this kind of money I want to see the inside. I have never bought a custom PC without checking out the internals before hand.

• Advertisement

I'd look to see how it keeps its hardware cool in its design. The Xbox one has a very large fan and appears to be a very open design with many vents.
    Spending this kind of money I want to see the inside. I have never bought a custom PC without checking out the internals before hand.

It's just going to be like the PS3. Very compactly designed, yet still efficiently cooled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement