Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Any idea if they'll bundle one for ~€400 without Kinect?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sarz91 wrote: »

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Bundle?

By taking something out :D

Varik wrote: »
    Bundle?

By taking something out :D

You still get the sticker. In my mind that's a bundle :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

No. It seems like they are going to differentiate by utilising the Kinect as a USP. Not entirely surprising considering the amount of money they are pouring into it,but a bit disappointing for anyone hoping they would compete on value.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks like MS have decided not to live stream their Gamescom event on Wednesday
    On Major Nelson Podcast, Spencer said, "Most of the time will be spent with the press getting time with the developers and their games. You should think about this as a room with a lot of hands-on.”

“The nice thing about the way the showcase is shaping up is people at home will have access to it. Streaming is probably not the way to do it because it will be like watching a party that you’re not at,” Spencer said, adding, “So what we’re going to do is, throughout the day, we’re going to take video snippets from the floor and release them on the Xbox Wire.”

http://www.gamepur.com/news/11702-xbox-one-no-live-streaming-microsofts-gamescom-2013-media-briefing.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Streaming is probably not the way to do it because it will be like watching a party that you’re not at,

Every streaming presser ever. Microsoft wants to control their message though, curation is probably for the best given their PR disasters recently

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

miralize wrote: »
    Every streaming presser ever. Microsoft wants to control their message though, curation is probably for the best given their PR disasters recently

yup, parcel me up a slick looking package that has all the mmms and ammms of geeks trying to be cool edited out of it and sell me the console already. otherwise you get tv tv tv sports sports sports.

hope they announce a release date this week - sony are announcing their launch plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

miralize wrote: »

I think they should copy Nintendo Direct, they are far better than pressers + the bonus of no whooping Americans when something good happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Is it just me or are Microsoft really trying to irk European customers off

'No Xbox Conference at GamesCom 2013 confirms Geoff keighley'

http://www.gamepur.com/news/11757-no-xbox-conference-gamescom-2013-confirms-geoff-keighley.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Is it just me or are Microsoft really trying to irk European customers off

'No Xbox Conference at GamesCom 2013 confirms Geoff keighley'

http://www.gamepur.com/news/11757-no-xbox-conference-gamescom-2013-confirms-geoff-keighley.html

Irk people? Guess you haven't seen this http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15861-Report--Xbox-One-Will-Come-Bundled-With-a--Major-Game--For-Free.html

EU will get a free third party game bundled at launch.

calex71 wrote: »
    Irk people? Guess you haven't seen this http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15861-Report--Xbox-One-Will-Come-Bundled-With-a--Major-Game--For-Free.html

EU will get a free third party game bundled at launch.

Yeah I did see that but I would be more interested seeing what type of commitment MS are making in Europe and I'm afraid not having a big event just before launch in Europe does not fill me with confidence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yeah I did see that but I would be more interested seeing what type of commitment MS are making in Europe and I'm afraid not having a big event just before launch in Europe does not fill me with confidence!

I think it goes without saying Ireland will get a raw deal regards the TV and other stuff whatever about the UK and rest of EU, I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's otherwise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

calex71 wrote: »
    I think it goes without saying Ireland will get a raw deal regards the TV and other stuff whatever about the UK and rest of EU, I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's otherwise though.

Compared the the US maybe but I'd say that MS are putting in some effort to get a much as they can out when they're focusing on only a few markets, if they weren't then (ignoring stock issues) they wouldn't have limited the release countries as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Well, that's a pretty big deal.....

Dumb Question but I thought I'd ask it. If I have an Xbox Live pre paid card can I use it on Xbox One?

Dumb Question but I thought I'd ask it. If I have an Xbox Live pre paid card can I use it on Xbox One?

Yes, even if you top up your 360 Gold the account carries!

Fifa confirmed as being free
    Harrison: All pre-orders for Xbox One will include a copy of FIFA 14 at no extra cost. Includes all pre-orders to date.
    Harrison : CoD: Ghosts will be available as a "premium" Xbox One bundle.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was considering Fifa as one of the launch titles to buy - deligted to be getting it for free now. Happy with that.

Dedicated servers for CoD good news too - as is confirmation of self-publishing Indie games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Got to say, the concerted effort that Microsoft has put in to turn around there terrible PR has been excellent. After the PR nightmare that was the reveal and E3, I honestly thought that there was no one in Microsoft that knew anything about PR.

They're still on the backfoot, but it's no where near as comical as it was.

The four main pillars of the new publishing process: first two dev kits provided at no cost; full power of the console and services made available to developers; there are no certification and activation fees; a new discovery system for finding new games that ensures smaller ones don't get buried.

They did not release a price or release date for the COD Bundle
    Microsoft also announced a Call of Duty: Ghosts premium console bundle, including an Xbox One, Kinect and the game, along with bonus game content. DLCs will still be timed exclusives. No release date or pricing was confirmed.

CONFIRMED

FIFA Bundled with the Xbox One

https://twitter.com/majornelson

Greatest comeback since when losing the first seven frames of the world snooker final Denis Taylor went on to beat Steve Davis. The Crucible, Sheffield, 29 April 1985

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Got to say, the concerted effort that Microsoft has put in to turn around there terrible PR has been excellent. After the PR nightmare that was the reveal and E3, I honestly thought that there was no one in Microsoft that knew anything about PR.

They're still on the backfoot, but it's no where near as comical as it was.

Not the first time you've said this, but i'm not seeing what you are seeing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

CONFIRMED

FIFA Bundled with the Xbox One

https://twitter.com/majornelson

Greatest comeback since when losing the first seven frames of the world snooker final Denis Taylor went on to beat Steve Davis. The Crucible, Sheffield, 29 April 1985

i saw that match live on bbc2 :) - as for fifa....its a big deal for the uk and europe. a clever move from microsoft.

i'm more interested in the COD bundle....if fifa comes free....will COD also incl. fifa.....two games and console for 550 would be a very good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Not the first time you've said this, but i'm not seeing what you are seeing.

they have gone from most people complaining about everything, to people complaining about the price and the external power brick.

For a good number of people now the price will be a little less of a factor with Fifa included for free.

Seems obvious they have come a long way in the last month or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement