Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not the first time you've said this, but i'm not seeing what you are seeing.

You don't think that they've done a good job recovering from their early PR disasters?

I think they have, but then, that's just my opinion. From what I can see, Microsoft has made a concerted effort to "fix" most of the original complaints that people have had with the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I know I'm in the minority, but FIFA and COD are two games I tend to avoid so if fifa is free and is a hard copy then I suppose ill be trading it in. If not, well I won't complain, a free game is a free game. And who knows, I might just like it.

Looking at it, this might turn the corner for those more vocal members of the gaming community hellbent on disliking every Xbox one video on the web and giving out about it at any given opportunity.
    Most of them appear to be in love with the two games announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

i saw that match live on bbc2 :) - as for fifa....its a big deal for the uk and europe. a clever move from microsoft.

i'm more interested in the COD bundle....if fifa comes free....will COD also incl. fifa.....two games and console for 550 would be a very good deal.

Downside for Europe is for those countries not getting an Xbox until 2014 will be losing out on FIFA head to head match ranking if you are a stats junkie.

Besides that great to see MS taking Europe serious and not as a side project to NA!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

You make an interesting point....what if its just a download code and no hard copy for some later resale cash?

Not such a good deal then is it..........

CMpunked wrote: »
    I know I'm in the minority, but FIFA and COD are two games I tend to avoid so if fifa is free and is a hard copy then I suppose ill be trading it in. If not, well I won't complain, a free game is a free game. And who knows, I might just like it.

Looking at it, this might turn the corner for those more vocal members of the gaming community hellbent on disliking every Xbox one video on the web and giving out about it at any given opportunity.
    Most of them appear to be in love with the two games announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

You make an interesting point....what if its just a download code and no hard copy for some later resale cash?

It will be logistically easier to bundle a scratch card then a hard copy at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Turns out it is just a digital copy. :(
    Also, cod is 'premium' because it is a hard copy of the game.

Suppose it makes sense when you think about it;
    If FIFA was a free hard copy and EVERY Xbox is getting one, then it would have zero trade in value.
    But as I said, free game is a free game, I'm not going to snub it.

:rolleyes: always a catch.....neogaf will have fun with this. lol and COD premium will probably be 550 quid.

If FIFA was a free hard copy and EVERY Xbox is getting one, then it would have zero trade in value.

"while stocks last" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Good luck trying to download a digital copy of Fifa on launch day when everyone else is trying to do the same thing, the servers will crash in no time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Xenji wrote: »
    Good luck trying to download a digital copy of Fifa on launch day when everyone else is trying to do the same thing, the servers will crash in no time.

But but but...... The POWER OF THE CLOUD!!!! 300,000 SERVERS!

:D

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

"while stocks last" :rolleyes:

Sure there'll be no fear of that anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

A free game is a free game.

Dedicated servers via the cloud for COD Ghosts though, thats pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

:eek: its an awful deal. Microsoft please do not bundle FIFA 14 for free with my Xbox. I want to go in and buy it for €65 so I can then trade it into Gamestop later for €4.

Joking aside having a hard copy would be worthless because the likes of Gamestop would have an overflow of copies traded in from non FIFA players who think they will get a bit of dough for this game.

PS4 users can pay €65 for their FIFA 14 and I'll have mine for free, sounds like a good deal to me.

A free game is a free game.

Dedicated servers via the cloud for COD Ghosts though, thats pretty sweet.

Its not really exclusive, Sony could do the same thing with their servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

For trade ins I reckon they'll make it difficult with a different package and also something on the case or disc to say it's not to be resold.

:eek: its an awful deal. Microsoft please do not bundle FIFA 14 for free with my Xbox. I want to go in and buy it for €65 so I can then trade it into Gamestop later for €4.

Joking aside having a hard copy would be worthless because the likes of Gamestop would have an overflow of copies traded in from non FIFA players who think they will get a bit of dough for this game.

PS4 users can pay €65 for their FIFA 14 and I'll have mine for free, sounds like a good deal to me.

PS+.....i get 4 digital copies a month.........:cool:

Its not really exclusive, Sony could do the same thing with their servers.

I didnt say it was exclusive, but with sonys cloud not coming online till 2014, and the DLC timed exclcusivity, Xbox one is very much the console for call of duty fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

It's still cheaper that way anyway

with the limited amount of titles available for the lauch window of a new console, Sony isnt going to be giving away games like crazy as they do now. It'll take a while for the back catalog to build up.

• Advertisement

with the limited amount of titles available for the lauch window of a new console, Sony isnt going to be giving away games like crazy as they do now. It'll take a while for the back catalog to build up.

The PS4 is getting 9 free games

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/07/25/9-free-ps4-games/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

This is a bit of a game changer - I have a PS4 pre-order - but the game i want to play the most is Forza...followed by a few cross platform games.

I was always gonna but FIFA so this evens things up a bit.

First console to release will be the winnner for a lot of people id say

I stand corrected, but at the same time, they're not exactly top tier, million euro franchises.

I stand corrected, but at the same time, they're not exactly top tier, million euro franchises.

It offers a bit more variety at any rate, I would have no interest in Fifa or CoD, most of my friends are the same way, so it does not draw me over to the Xbox camp, but you can see that it will entice quite a few on the fence.

That's nice, but not a hope of getting a Christmas tier 1 game with that.

It offers a bit more variety at any rate, I would have no interest in Fifa or CoD, most of my friends are the same way, so it does not draw me over to the Xbox camp, but you can see that it will entice quite a few on the fence.
    What games do you like?

What games do you like?

Mainly RPGs, playing Tales of Xillia and Dragons Crown at the moment, but do play a mix of others as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

and as for the hundreds of thousands of other people who actually like and play fifa :pac: id say your in the minority, also only 2 games out of that free 9 off ps+ interest me, the rest seem terrible under budgeted with horrible gameplay :pac: looks like a money scam to me seen as a few will always be online, possible a spartacus legends scheme :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

It won't exactly be free though unless your broadband is unlimited?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    It won't exactly be free though unless your broadband is unlimited?

in that case , 9+ free ps games coming for ps4
    i guess none of them are free either ? fifa 14 would work out alot cheaper then :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement