Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    in that case , 9+ free ps games coming for ps4
    i guess none of them are free either ? fifa 14 would work out alot cheaper then :pac:

Fifa will be a digital download, not a hard copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

It feels like MS are trying to bribe people into buying the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

nothing at all wrong with that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Xenji wrote: »

I think that they're having a discussion about how a free digital game isn't free unless your broadband is unlimited. Of course, you'd still be paying for broadband regardless, so I'm not sure what the original point is.

As an aside, I wonder how many people will transition over to purchasing digital games in this generation? As a PC gamer as well, I'm used to it through steam already, I wonder will many console only people start now?

Also, a totally random question, with the fact that both the PS4 and the Xbox One are now built with x86 chips and are using commodity graphics chips, does anyone else think that this generation will be the last that has a problem with backwards compatibility? The next consoles won't swap away from X86 chips, so there'll be a continuation of compatibility from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

whats wrong with that ? :pac: im going all digital for next year, so suits me better,

• Advertisement

Definitely coming across as desperate, to me at least.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

meh, it's a free game - a huge release at that, not for everybody mind but for a lot this might sway them (personally I don't think it will, but it'll be a bonus for those already set on buying the X1)

Being the sceptic that I am, I'm wondering what EA and MS have agreed on to allow this to go free.

meh, it's a free game - a huge release at that, not for everybody mind but for a lot this might sway them (personally I don't think it will, but it'll be a bonus for those already set on buying the X1)

Being the sceptic that I am, I'm wondering what EA and MS have agreed on to allow this to go free.

apparently fifa ultimate team is exclusive to xboxone
    has ultimate team always been exclusive to the xbox? i thought PS had it as well
    no doubth MS threw a few million in their face for it :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    apparently fifa ultimate team is exclusive to xboxone
    has ultimate team always been exclusive to the xbox? i thought PS had it as well
    no doubth MS threw a few million in their face for it :D

I think it's only the Legends that are exclusive.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I think it's only the Legends that are exclusive.

your probably right, not a fan of ultimate team myself, much prefer seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

EA have a press briefing starting at 3pm today from Gamescom, sure we will know more about Fifa then and what other deals they have done with the devil.

http://www.gametrailers.com/ will be streaming it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I wonder if the online portion is available???? EA have always biatched about servers need funding to run! Unless MS has agreed to cover the costs then I can't see EA letting FIFAheads hitching a free ride!

EA have a press briefing starting at 3pm today from Gamescom, sure we will know more about Fifa then and what other deals they have done with the devil.

http://www.gametrailers.com/ will be streaming it

don't think they have any deals done with Sony yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Pretty impressive to get Fifa for free, I can see them shifting a lot with that offer. However I'll still never own another MS console after the nightmare of owning my first and last(technically on my 3rd) in the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

free game cant complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I imagine Peter Moore is still friendly with MS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

To be honest, this is a win-win for both parties. Microsoft probably had to pay a wad of cash to get it but they are tackling one of the more important issues they have (price versus value). EA on the other hand receive a nice wad of cash, as well as guaranteeing a large number of consumers, increasing the likelihood of people spending money on DLC or the Ultimate Team stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Also, a totally random question, with the fact that both the PS4 and the Xbox One are now built with x86 chips and are using commodity graphics chips, does anyone else think that this generation will be the last that has a problem with backwards compatibility? The next consoles won't swap away from X86 chips, so there'll be a continuation of compatibility from now on.
    I've been wondering about that too, and I've been thinking it might be part of the reason they went with the Xbox One branding. I suspect that we'll see an Xbox Two in a few years that'll be backwards compatible, and an Xbox Three that'll be backwards compatible with both a few years after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

stevenmu wrote: »
    I've been wondering about that too, and I've been thinking it might be part of the reason they went with the Xbox One branding. I suspect that we'll see an Xbox Two in a few years that'll be backwards compatible, and an Xbox Three that'll be backwards compatible with both a few years after that.
    The Xbox One was called that because it aims to be the singular device in your living room. Not because it will be easier to name in the future...

• Advertisement

For anyone who was complaining about Microsoft not streaming their conference, the EA conference is a perfect example of a conference that should not be streamed.

It's like they've managed to find a bunch of news readers with speech difficulties to announce everything.

For anyone who was complaining about Microsoft not streaming their conference, the EA conference is a perfect example of a conference that should not be streamed.

It's like they've managed to find a bunch of news readers with speech difficulties to announce everything.

It can't be as bad as the Ubisoft one at E3. That woman was terrible.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

miralize wrote: »
    The Xbox One was called that because it aims to be the singular device in your living room. Not because it will be easier to name in the future...

Yeah, but they went through a load of names like Unity and Fusion that equally worked for that before settling on One. I'd be surprised if they didn't have at least half an eye on the future when they settled on One.

Yes, in fairness, I've seen worse than this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

You take that back!?

Aisha is heavenly...

Aishatyler.jpg

Otacon wrote: »
    You take that back!?
    [/IMG]

Is that a question or a statement? :P

Either way, nope. She was terrible as that conference and tried way too hard to be funny.

b*tch is cray

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I think you are in the minority on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Is that a question or a statement? :P

Either way, nope. She was terrible as that conference and tried way too hard to be funny.

You are just wrong.

• Advertisement

You are just wrong.

i think hes right :pac: she tryed to hard to be funny, you could actually see it in her face how hard she was trying. Then again I dont understand american comedy:pac:
    she was nice to look at though :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement