Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

:O I'll have nothing bad said about Aisha Tyler! She was more bloody entertaining than any of the other stodgy conferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    i think hes right :pac: she tryed to hard to be funny, you could actually see it in her face how hard she was trying. Then again I dont understand american comedy:pac:
    she was nice to look at though :cool:

she could stand there and read the phone book it would still be awesome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Well, I'm always distracted when I hear her speak, I keep wanting to say "Lana....Lana... LANA.....danger zone"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

There are a few people on here who should probably just stick to the Playstation forum. Giving out that Fifa will be a digital copy and the servers may struggle on the first day. Calling the Xbox One "the Devil". Spreading FUD, essentially. We get it, nothing MS does from here on in will satisfy you. You're getting a Playstation. At this stage, you're like a bunch of Mormons trying to convert the non-believers to the true faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

There are a few people on here who should probably just stick to the Playstation forum. Giving out that Fifa will be a digital copy and the servers may struggle on the first day. Calling the Xbox One "the Devil". Spreading FUD, essentially. We get it, nothing MS does from here on in will satisfy you. You're getting a Playstation. At this stage, you're like a bunch of Mormons trying to convert the non-believers to the true faith.

I'm not getting a PS4. Can I stay?

• Advertisement

I'm not getting a PS4. Can I stay?

I'm not getting either console. I say we both stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

You have a point about people calling the console names but to be fair id rather a physical copy of fifa instead of a digital copy because I don't have a good internet connection. Im sure there are others in the same situation as me. Have we no right to highlight our issues about this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Actually i am being converted to the MS side as each day passes.......:)

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    You have a point about people calling the console names but to be fair id rather a physical copy of fifa instead of a digital copy because I don't have a good internet connection. Im sure there are others in the same situation as me. Have we no right to highlight our issues about this?

I am not referring to you and yours is a valid concern, not that I'm the sole judge of that. From the start, my only major gripe with this console was the issues it may cause for anyone not living in an area with decent BB. There are a select few people who clearly have no interest in this console and have spent quite a bit of time in here posting links to any half-truth about the console that they can find on the internet and rubbishing everything to do with it.

Actually i am being converted to the MS side as each day passes.......:)

A cursory glance at your profile shows that you have quadruple the amount the posts in the Playstation forum as you do in the Xbox forum. I'll not speculate as to which console you'll buy, as that's up to you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

A cursory glance at your profile shows that you have quadruple the amount the posts in the Playstation forum as you do in the Xbox forum. I'll not speculate as to which console you'll buy, as that's up to you.

In fairness to Richard, he does engage in useful discussion, so is totally alright with me. He also posts up obscure news about the Xbox One, whether it's good or bad.

Seems to me that most people here want to discuss the next gen, whether they think it's good or bad. So long as someone isn't trolling, I'm up for it.

The thread in the games forum is a cesspit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

The free digital copy of FIFA 14 is a stroke of genius by Microsoft. It certainly has turned my head a bit anyway.

I've pre ordered a PS4 and will be buying FIFA 14 at launch anyway so basically if I switched to Xbox One I'd be paying around €35 for Kinect.

I'm definetly tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Went to Xtravision yesterday to stick a deposit down on the One but was told they're not taking any more. Gamestop have said they're continuing to take deposits so will try them today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

i take it the turtle beaches will still work on the xbox one!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Haven't preordered yet. Have I missed the boat for Day One?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

A lot of people are saying they want to change their pre-order to get the other console on launch. Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

deadeye187 wrote: »
    i take it the turtle beaches will still work on the xbox one!?

this was my big drawback on the 1 aswell and checked yesterday an ms have said they will release an adapter for your headset, it will be seperate from the console bundle so prob 15/20 quid
    I wish ms had really come stronger at e3 instead of the way they did, x1 looks great now and would have given me a headache on which to get back then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

In fairness to MS, they had an absolutely shocking PR campaign for the One.

However, they have made the changes to the console that were necessary in terms of DRM etc.

Will be preordering today.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

kensutz wrote: »
    Went to Xtravision yesterday to stick a deposit down on the One but was told they're not taking any more. Gamestop have said they're continuing to take deposits so will try them today.
    I got the same from xtravision yesterday, tried gamestop the day before and they were only taking orders for the second batch of X1's probably 2014 delivery.

I was a bit shocked really considering it doesn't even have a release date yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I got the same from xtravision yesterday, tried gamestop the day before and they were only taking orders for the second batch of X1's probably 2014 delivery.

I was a bit shocked really considering it doesn't even have a release date yet!

Yeah, rang Gamestop there. Day One is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Fifa 14 gameplay footage from Gamecon
    Looks very polished I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If anyone is thinking of changing from a PS4 to the ONE then if you can't transfer the deposit over to the ONE then don't cancel it as you won't get it back, you're better off just leaving it pre-ordered and either selling someone the pre-order or paying off the rest on launch and selling the PS4 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

was always going to get the XB1 but haven't seen any XB1 battlefield 4 bundles, everywhere just seem to sell the console for €499 and game for €60 so no savings at all. thought the whole idea of getting a game bundled with console was to save cash.

do you think they will have more bundles closer to the time?

Also, if you pre-order before launch but is not a day one will you still get fifa for free?

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ciaran75 wrote: »
    was always going to get the XB1 but haven't seen any XB1 battlefield 4 bundles, everywhere just seem to sell the console for €499 and game for €60 so no savings at all. thought the whole idea of getting a game bundled with console was to save cash.

do you think they will have more bundles closer to the time?

Also, if you pre-order before launch but is not a day one will you still get fifa for free?

Cheers,

I think the fifa bundle is the only one at launch. they've confirmed that everyone who has already pre ordered is going to get a copy. after that, its until stocks run out. I reckon if you find anywhere thats still accepting pre orders for the 'Day one' edition, you'll get fifa.

they've said theres going to be a COD bundle, but no date has be announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭DK224

As much as I love the idea of Fifa 14 as a free download when I get my pre-ordered Xbox One, I wonder how big the download file will be because I'm guessing it may be a long wait with my shoddy 3mb broadband!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

probably about 6 gig I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

Thanks Stone Deaf 4evr,

I see gamestop.ie will still allow you to pre-order a day one console on their website.
    wonder why you can do it online and not in store.

last time i pre-ordered something with gamestop it was a disaster, battlefield 3 arrived on the tuesday all my friends went into shop on friday night and bought it so a bit wary of using them again. would prefer to buy in shop and pickup on day of release but may not be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

DK224 wrote: »
    As much as I love the idea of Fifa 14 as a free download when I get my pre-ordered Xbox One, I wonder how big the download file will be because I'm guessing it may be a long wait with my shoddy 3mb broadband!

I may confusing this with the PS4, but I think XBOX1 has tech, where you can start playing the game when only some of it has downloaded e.g. the menu and the first level, with the rest downloading in the back ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Fifa 14 coming bundled with the Xbox One is a massive move from MS.

Easily one of the biggest selling games year on year.

I'm delighted with the news. Frees up funds for another game now :D

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    I may confusing this with the PS4, but I think XBOX1 has tech, where you can start playing the game when only some of it has downloaded e.g. the menu and the first level, with the rest downloading in the back ground.

Both are going to have this. While I won't be buying at launch, if you're on slow broadband, then I'd recommend buying the console with one extra game, so that you can play that on the day, and then download the Fifa overnight.

I've currently got "7mb" broadband, which actually means 1.5mb broadband, so I do a lot of downloading at night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement