Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

All gaming events/announcements are so cheesy and awkward. Its like they cannot find a single person who is passionate about either the games systems and/or the games. They don't even sound like gamers when they are speaking.

Why don't I believe them when they say they are "super pumped to play the console/game when its released"

Sony ones are pretty good, except most of the Gamescom one.
    Yoshida, Cerny, Andrew House and Jack Tretton all are great faces for the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

These companies need to hire people who can present and then just pretend they work in the company, somewhere, or send these lads on proper training. I'd prefer that fakeness, than the awkwardness of some of these lads. Jack Tretton is probably the only one who I like. Humble and likeable.

Not that it matters to me in the big picture, I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Grayditch wrote: »
    These companies need to hire people who can present and then just pretend they work in the company, somewhere, or send these lads on proper training. I'd prefer that fakeness, than the awkwardness of some of these lads. Jack Tretton is probably the only one who I like. Humble and likeable.

so why did everyone bitch about aisha tyler then :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

That was just me, and I stand by what I said ;)

She tried waaaaaaaaayyyy too hard to be cool nerdy gurl. Still a million times better than aul fellas, though. More of that.

• Advertisement

Free-FIFA-14-Flow-Chart.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I think there were far more people who liked her than didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

She tried waaaaaaaaayyyy too hard to be cool nerdy gurl. Still a million times better than aul fellas, though. More of that.
    She is a cool nerdy girl though !

She makes sure she lets you know in every way. She just needs to reign it in a bit, but that's nitpicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Aisha Tyler - woman after my own heart. I thought she was funny enough. Good to see a girl gamer that presenting stuff for a change and she does really know what she's talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

While supplies last? :confused:

It's a digital download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

F1ngers wrote: »
    While supplies last? :confused:

It's a digital download.

it will most likely be on a piece of paper, and they made a deal with ea for a certain amount of them to give out

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

seriously?! I guess what I said about it before knowing the restrictions still stands....
    meh, it's a free game - a huge release at that, not for everybody mind but for a lot this might sway them (personally I don't think it will, but it'll be a bonus for those already set on buying the X1)

Being the sceptic that I am, I'm wondering what EA and MS have agreed on to allow this to go free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

After a night of playing black ops 2 with terrible player hosting I can't wait to play COD Ghosts on dedicated servers. I'd be raging if I had to play Ghosts on the PS4 with no dedicated servers. Hopefully Sony gets that sorted sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Poor Yoshida

After a night of playing black ops 2 with terrible player hosting I can't wait to play COD Ghosts on dedicated servers. I'd be raging if I had to play Ghosts on the PS4 with no dedicated servers. Hopefully Sony gets that sorted sooner rather than later.

Not the be all and end all, people who truly enjoy their consoles do not get caught up with the likes of Fifa and CoD, they actually play a diverse range of games, most of which are not multiplayer online and not in the mainstream. You buy a console for just a handful of shooter games that you play online or get Fifa as you can have a lads night in and you do not really get the full experience of a console. Not a shot at you FAILSAFE :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Xenji wrote: »
    Not the be all and end all, people who truly enjoy their consoles do not get caught up with the likes of Fifa and CoD, they actually play a diverse range of games, most of which are not multiplayer online and not in the mainstream. You buy a console for just a handful of shooter games that you play online or get Fifa as you can have a lads night in and you do not really get the full experience of a console. Not a shot at you FAILSAFE :)

What a load of crap. I know loads of people who play games like COD and FIFA a lot and they truly enjoy their console.

What a load of crap. I know loads of people who play games like COD and FIFA a lot and they truly enjoy their console.

So do they play any other games then, I have quite a few friends who just play the same games and I cannot understand how they are so hyped about a new console when they are only planning on playing the same game but with better graphics over and over again and do not play anything else or care about what other games the machine has on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

To be fair everyone to their own. Most can't afford to be diverse and own all games COD, battlefield and FIFA are awesome games never mind standard multiplayer when you play with a team or clan it makes gaming a joy....

To be fair everyone to their own. Most can't afford to be diverse and own all games COD, battlefield and FIFA are awesome games never mind standard multiplayer when you play with a team or clan it makes gaming a joy....

But they are just the same game constantly rehashed over and over again and offer nothing new and fresh, not bashing people who play these games, if you like them you like them, but you have so much more choice on offer, people who just get a new console for CoD Ghosts may get great enjoyment, but they are missing out on so much more that the consoles offer by just playing the same few games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

But they are just the same game constantly rehashed over and over again and offer nothing new and fresh, not bashing people who play these games, if you like them you like them, but you have so much more choice on offer, people who just get a new console for CoD Ghosts may get great enjoyment, but they are missing out on so much more that the consoles offers.

Don't get me wrong the core of my gaming is cod, bf and FIFA but I play lots of other games I just don't buy them at launch now I wait for big price drop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

right, i think i've decided on the xbone..i was fairly set on the ps4 for a while but i think i've turned..i dunno, i think it's because my 40K gamertag means more to me than the 300-odd trophy PS tag lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

right, i think i've decided on the xbone..i was fairly set on the ps4 for a while but i think i've turned..i dunno, i think it's because my 40K gamertag means more to me than the 300-odd trophy PS tag lol
    My 80K gamertag means more than nothing, but it isn't going to be nearly enough in isolation. Sure, the One will have gamerscore again, but will the console after that? At some point, the points we have will be worth nothing, so while great for the foreseeable, it'll get a point where they aren't going to really be worth anything. Well, many would say they aren't worth anything now.

I'm just looking to the games. In terms of the exclusives, there's no way of gauging how good they'll be. Though I don't have a good feeling about Ryse. Quantum Break is a total unknown. The one I really want to see more about is D4. Titanfall and Forza aren't ones I'll be looking to. The PS4 isn't really winning me with exclusives. It's more of the same, unknown quantity like The Order. The best games so far are multiplat.

I don't have a clue as to whether I get the One or the PS4 first. I guess it'll come down to which one has the better exclusives when they're out, how the controllers are, I'll be looking at PS plus and seeing how good that is on the PS4.

A part of having a high gamerscore means there is a good chance you have people you play on Live with, so getting the One could be a good decision if they go on and get the One in terms of getting multiplayer games going. I've never played my PS3 online, so obviously I don't have friends on it to go in to the PS4. In any case, my gaming is predominantly single player stuff so it isn't that big a deal.

I'll not be buying either at launch, anyway. Best to give it some time and see how the hardware reliability is for both consoles. If there are issues with them, it'll be good to hold off and see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

pushtrak - i think they mentioned something about rewards for getting gamerscore on the new xbox
    whether its only available in the US is unknown haha il try dig it up was said somewere a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    pushtrak - i think they mentioned something about rewards for getting gamerscore on the new xbox
    whether its only available in the US is unknown haha il try dig it up was said somewere a few months ago

They had an awards programme on the 360 that awarded you MS points. The new format will be unveiled on the 1st of September.

Does the 360 currently support .mkv playback?

I haven't heard what media file support either console has...........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It doesn't, no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

where is the best place to pre order the xbox1 online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Is the glass case to protect the XB One or the Public?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement