Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

When do you think it'll be released? The start or end of November? I just watched the Major Nelson YouTube unboxing again and I think I'm definitely getting it now. I was going to go purely PS4 but Now I have to find a way to own both. Do you know what did it for me in the end? As mad as it is....The power button at the end of the unboxing video.

So, judging by previous comments, Smyths still have the Day One Edition available.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Titanfall early impressions after playing it

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/i-played-titanfall-and
    This is Microsoft’s killer app. You will buy an Xbox One for Titanfall, and you should. Sure, you’d have a good time with it on PC if you’ve got a capable rig, but your couch and the Xbox Live community will be the ecosystem it’s best enjoyed in. It likely won’t decimate Call of Duty’s market share anytime soon – particularly since it’s a platform exclusive – but once Titanfall releases this spring, I guarantee you that word will spread amongst the hardcore CoD community. “Have you seen Titanfall?” they’ll say. And little by little – or maybe in droves, who knows? – they will flock to Titanfall, and they will never go back. Not after this. Titanfall is the next great evolution of the twitch-action first-person shooter. Believe the hype.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

shuffles03 wrote: »
    When do you think it'll be released? The start or end of November? I just watched the Major Nelson YouTube unboxing again and I think I'm definitely getting it now. I was going to go purely PS4 but Now I have to find a way to own both. Do you know what did it for me in the end? As mad as it is....The power button at the end of the unboxing video.

So, judging by previous comments, Smyths still have the Day One Edition available.

Ha, it's the little things that make decisions for me these days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You mean this one?

145085.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

pH wrote: »
    It's just a matter of timing - 2nd hand games are dead soon anyway - the future is digital - it could be argued that late 2013 is a tad early and why the next xbox will have a disk drive for that reason but there's no reason why they can't bring the licensing model in now.

Definitely a good thing for developers was reading an article (think it was FROM software they were interviewing) where the developer said that they make *all* their money from day one sales - the major retail chains put *one* order in for a title and never restock - once that stock is sold they just grind the 2nd had market for that game. Online is slightly different but still.

I love my disk and hate DRM but this really has to be the last gen before it all goes digital!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Looking forward to playing Titanfall and fifa 14, not so much ghosts but ill get that neway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Considering the press that Titanfall is getting, does anyone else think that Microsoft is knocking on EA's door, asking "how much money do we need to chuck at you to keep this Xbox One exclusive in the long term?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

CatInABox wrote: »
    Considering the press that Titanfall is getting, does anyone else think that Microsoft is knocking on EA's door, asking "how much money do we need to chuck at you to keep this Xbox One exclusive in the long term?"

If it turns out to be massive I could see Microsoft paying allot to keep it exclusive, I mean if its a must have game it will sell them bucket loads of xbox's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

I just switched my PS4 Pre-order for an Xbox one pre-order online with GameStop.
    Titanfall, free copy of Fifa (with legends!!) continued console exclusivity of the Sky player app and the best controller around all swayed me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Limpar wrote: »
    I just switched my PS4 Pre-order for an Xbox one pre-order online with GameStop.
    Titanfall, free copy of Fifa (with legends!!) continued console exclusivity of the Sky player app and the best controller around all swayed me.

I'm in a similar position, the Xbox one is looking better by the day, just cancelled the ps4 order, Xbox all the way for me again.

Preordered the Day One edition yesterday. Up until a week ago I was completely against the Xbone but the games won it over for me in the end. No point in being a fanboy and never getting to play console exclusives.

I'm getting both. November is going to be very expensive......don't tell my girlfriend........rent is an afterthought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Sky player app? I read yesterday that it hasn't been confirmed for either console. Where did you see that? basically that's going to make my decision for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Well I haven't seen it explicitly mentioned for Xbox One but considering it's been a xbox exclusive for years now with no Playstation equivalent, I'd be shocked if it wasn't there on day one or shortly afterwards.

There was also a quote from Phil Spencer in Edge a few months back which mentioned Sky as a "tv partner" for Xbox One....that is likely focused on making sure the sky box works well when run through the HDMI In on your Xbox One but I'm sure it means the app will also make it's way on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Well I haven't seen it explicitly mentioned for Xbox One but considering it's been a xbox exclusive for years now with no Playstation equivalent, I'd be shocked if it wasn't there on day one or shortly afterwards.

There was also a quote from Phil Spencer in Edge a few months back which mentioned Sky as a "tv partner" for Xbox One....that is likely focused on making sure the sky box works well when run through the HDMI In on your Xbox One but I'm sure it means the app will also make it's way on there.

The fact you read it months ago and there has been no mention since worries me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They never had a exclusive contract for it with Sky, Sony just choose not to implement it for whatever reason and really pushed Netflix, it has not been announced yet on any next gen console either, Sky also denied the part about Microsoft being a TV partner months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Xenji wrote: »
    They never had a exclusive contract for it with Sky, Sony just choose not to implement it for whatever reason and really pushed Netflix, it has not been announced yet on any next gen console either, Sky also denied the part about Microsoft being a TV partner months ago.
    Not quite correct, they denied any plans to sell XBox One hardware as part of a Sky subscription. As for the app for the console, there hasn't been any word on it yet as for as I'm aware but I'd be surprised if MS haven't looked at the usage numbers for the current gen equivalent and realised that it'd be in their best interests to continue their current arrangement in order to bolster their UK install base for the One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If Microsoft would release some details on the tv aspects for the UK and Ireland, I'd considering moving from the PS4, as the value isn't as different any more due to the free FIFA game. The EA Exclusivity deals too has me thinking what would be coming, and also the deals with the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'd prefer the black one myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Makes the console look even bigger in that colour.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

All A/V equipment is typically black or silver. Yet console makers think black or white are the two best options.

Xenji wrote: »
    Makes the console look even bigger in that colour.

That's why larger gentlemen and ladies never wear white!

Tech heads only! - this link has info on the APU/SoC....very tech heavy, slides of the design etc. it has 47mb of embedded RAM!\\

http://www.techhive.com/article/2047482/xbox-ones-massive-custom-cpu-can-pick-you-out-of-a-lineup.html

xbox-one-gpu-diagram-100051501-orig.png

xbox-one-system-diagram-100051500-medium.png

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/08/26/xbox-one-details-in-pictures/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661973

the console has 8gb of flash memory

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Tech heads only! - this link has info on the APU/SoC....very tech heavy, slides of the design etc. it has 47mb of embedded RAM!

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/08/26/xbox-one-details-in-pictures/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661973

the console has 8gb of flash memory

That 8GBs eMMC is more than likely for the OS. I wonder what all those extra processing cores are for.

Interesting. I feel Microsoft are desperate to get the One out before the PS4, so this is probably the right date. Whether it's a worldwide release is something I'd doubt. Did Microsoft say that it would be a worldwide release previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Thought I read this morning that IGN would be announcing the release date today.
    Still Novemember 8 isn't bad. I thought it would be the 4th as originally rumored.
    Still, plenty of time to get the cash together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Interesting. I feel Microsoft are desperate to get the One out before the PS4, so this is probably the right date. Whether it's a worldwide release is something I'd doubt. Did Microsoft say that it would be a worldwide release previously?

they said that it'll be a simultaneous launch in the confirmed territories.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement