Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

stevenmu wrote: »
    I think the last figures I saw were something like 9-10 million orders for the PS4, 7-8 million for the Xbox, but any figures going around are purely rumours.

The only thing that seems reasonably certain is that both have their full allocation pre-ordered and they're both currently only limited by how quick they can make the things. Although Microsoft have re-allocated stock from the countries where launch was delayed, I'm not sure if that has been fully pre-ordered yet.

Those are meant to be the total number of consoles estimated to be produced and available in the launch window/holiday period.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but what do gamestop do regarding payment?

Will they take it straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Benzino wrote: »
    Was in the same boat, had the PS4 pre-ordered but kept looking at TitanFall. So I also pre-ordered the Xbox One. 2013, the year I go bankrupt :o

Yep, pretty much my problem too. I have the next iPhone to buy and a trip to Barcelona too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

You do still have to wonder at what is going on in Microsoft when the head of Product Planning comes out and says "It's been an education for me as I've been looking into it." See here.

How was the news about the reduction in the number of countries with access to the voice controls release in a bullet point on a product page and not in a carefully controlled press release?

While the PR surrounding the Xbox One has gotten better, they do still occasionally have these cock-ups that make you wonder.

Benzino wrote: »
    Was in the same boat, had the PS4 pre-ordered but kept looking at TitanFall. So I also pre-ordered the Xbox One. 2013, the year I go bankrupt :o

Don't worry, with the change in the bankruptcy laws in Ireland, you'll be sorted in three years....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Looking at the launch titles, for both consoles, can't decide what to get.

Fifa 14 with the xbox, obviously.

Then 2 from the following I reckon - Call of Duty/Battlefield - Forza 5/NFS:R - Watchdogs. Probably go for an FPS and Watchdogs.

Killzone the only PS title I am certain to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Battlefield is just better than COD. Depends what you're into I suppose, but as an objective exercise, Battlefield has every kind of play style you can want.

Battlefield is just better than COD. Depends what you're into I suppose, but as an objective exercise, Battlefield has every kind of play style you can want.

Reckon it will come down to which is reviewed as having the better single player campaign as i absolutely SUCK at FPS titles, so online is just a quick way to a very bad mood for me. I love playing them offline though, so I still want to get one of them (and Killzone for the PS4)

Reckon it will come down to which is reviewed as having the better single player campaign as i absolutely SUCK at FPS titles, so online is just a quick way to a very bad mood for me. I love playing them offline though, so I still want to get one of them (and Killzone for the PS4)

I'd always go for battlefield over COD any day of the week, the amount of fun I've had being a medic and just reviving people is unreal. It's even more fun when they don't want to be revived.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Looks like Sony just layeth the smackdown on xbone!

• Advertisement

The Killzone Bundle?

Don't see it as laying the smackdown.

Basically the same bundle as MS are offering, but with one extra controller for the price.

If Killzone was getting bundled free, yeah, massive, but it isn't.

You have a camera no one wants (according to everyone saying they don't want Kinnect), a game and a controller for an extra €100 on the console price. Great value, yeah, but not as great if you ignore the camera (which people moaning about Kinnect and its 'value' the the MS bundle should).

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Have a read of this guys;

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=79001409&postcount=520

Voice features such as Xbox ON, wont be supported in Ireland at launch, only supported in 5 of the launch countries.
    Only some voice features supported within 10 of the 13 launch countries.

mark_m360 wrote: »
    Have a read of this guys;

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=79001409&postcount=520

Voice features such as Xbox ON, wont be supported in Ireland at launch, only supported in 5 of the launch countries.
    Only some voice features supported within 10 of the 13 launch countries.

I feel this is a massive slight against my accent!

I'm still speaking English you jerks!

Makes me think of seeing Alex Ferguson sub-titled on the TV last night!

EDIT: Also, at least we are still getting the console - voice localisation is the blamed reason for some original launch areas being delayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

mark_m360 wrote: »

It'll work, it won't be supported for Irish accents. It just means you'll have speak properly and pronounce your "Th"

The way a lot of people go on, they come across as wanting the Xbox One to fail at all costs.

The reason that we're getting the FIFA bundle? Competition.
    The reason that we're getting the Killzone bundle? Competition.

Competition is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    It'll work, it won't be supported for Irish accents. It just means you'll have speak properly and pronounce your "Th"

wish i grew up in dublin 4

Bigcheeze wrote: »

There's no "Th" in "Xbox On", but I'm sure I'll manage to screw it up anyway.

From what I've read, the console gets better at recognizing your voice over time, so hopefully it starts to pick up on my lovely tone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ps4 layers the smack down with kill zone bundle?? Lol kill zone is muck.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ps4 layers the smack down with kill zone bundle?? Lol kill zone is muck.

but...you haven't played it :confused:

but...you haven't played it :confused:

I have played other kill one games on
    Ps3 and I thought they were a very poor fps

• Advertisement

Best FPS game playstation have is resistance great great games...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobbieBerto

With all the talk of indie games recently does anyone know if we will be able to access them this time on the xbox one or even the ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

With all the talk of indie games recently does anyone know if we will be able to access them this time on the xbox one or even the ps4?
    If you're referring to the XBox Live Indie Games Marketplace, that has been done away with for the XBox One. The indie games you see being referred to now will feature in the main online stores for both consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobbieBerto

Yes but here we never had an Indie games marketplace unless you had a UK account, so with an Irish account on Xbox One I'll have access to the same store/games as the UK one or is there still license issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I have played other kill one games on
    Ps3 and I thought they were a very poor fps

Off-topic but you should read up on K:SF, like hands-on impressions and the like. Based on those, the consensus is the movement and controls are far better and the visuals are superb. The warzones in multiplayer also look fantastic.

On-topic, any word on whether Warface will be available on the Xbox One?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

CatInABox wrote: »
    There's no "Th" in "Xbox On"

True, but it won't understand "XBoksh" :)

Otacon wrote: »
    On-topic, any word on whether Warface will be available on the Xbox One?

Yup.

See here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Thinking of getting a tablet in the next few months. Would a Surface work well with the Xbox One?

PC World in Jervis have an entire section dedicated to them They looked pretty nifty.

Yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a tablet in the next few months. Would a Surface work well with the Xbox One?

PC World in Jervis have an entire section dedicated to them They looked pretty nifty.

Yay or nay?
    It will utilise the SmartGlass app so it should work well. Here is demo of a guy using it with the 360 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdRiLCUOR7E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

shuffles03 wrote: »

Yay or nay?

For what, Smartglass? It's a shiney feature that doesn't offer alot to the actual gameplay itself, and looks like more of the same on the Xbox 360 too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement