Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a tablet in the next few months. Would a Surface work well with the Xbox One?

PC World in Jervis have an entire section dedicated to them They looked pretty nifty.

Yay or nay?

Hold off until October, apparently there's updated versions coming with more battery life/power.

Also, the surface RT is not as good as the surface pro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Achilles wrote: »
    For what, Smartglass? It's a shiney feature that doesn't offer alot to the actual gameplay itself, and looks like more of the same on the Xbox 360 too.

On the xbox 360, yes, it's not exactly great, but for the Xbox One? Definitely. Did you see the videos of the Division using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

CatInABox wrote: »
    On the xbox 360, yes, it's not exactly great, but for the Xbox One? Definitely. Did you see the videos of the Division using it?

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Link?

In the Ubi E3 press conference video. The feature works on the X1 and PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yup.

See here

That says the 360, not the XBO.

• Advertisement

Link?

Actually, this is a tablet and smartphone feature, but I can't believe that they'd get it to work on an Iphone and not get it running through Smartglass
    Otacon wrote: »
    That says the 360, not the XBO.

You're right. Totally misread that headline. I'm not too interested in Warface until I see more of what it's about, then I'll start paying more attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just been to my local gamestop to pay a few bob off my Xbox and to preorder cod ghosts. Chatting with the guy behind the counter and he said that they're worried about stock allocation. He was saying they'll be having a midnight launch and it'll be first come first served with the preorded stock.

Wtf like? The reason I preordered was so I didn't have to deal with the bs of midnight launches. Surely by pre ordering I'm garaunteed my console?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

Just been to my local gamestop to pay a few bob off my Xbox and to preorder cod ghosts. Chatting with the guy behind the counter and he said that they're worried about stock allocation. He was saying they'll be having a midnight launch and it'll be first come first served with the preorded stock.

Wtf like? The reason I preordered was so I didn't have to deal with the bs of midnight launches. Surely by pre ordering I'm garaunteed my console?

Sadly your not but you migth be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Are Gamestop too thick to have taken peoples names in order?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ill be on to GameStop tomorrow they better not have ****ed this pre order system up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

They'd have given a receipt with the preorder, obviously, yeah? Have a look at it. It is my understanding that they have a thing which says they hold on to it for two days from its release before selling it. If the receipt says that, the question to ask is if they are going to commit to that. They shouldn't really have to answer, it's there in writing. Well, assuming I'm right and it is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

When I pre ordered my 360 in Gamestop it was the same, too many pre orders so you still needed to que up to get one, they didn't care if you were the first person to put money down, if you didn't get their early you wouldn't get one until the 2nd batch. I'd say it will be the same this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They are so incredibly thick if that's the case. So you could pre order one on the day of the midnight launch, then just grab it at twelve, over someone who has it booked and paid for months in advance. Nah, that cannot be right.

Grayditch wrote: »
    They are so incredibly thick if that's the case. So you could pre order one on the day of the midnight launch, then just grab it at twelve, over someone who has it booked and paid for months in advance. Nah, that cannot be right.
    No, they stop taking pre orders for launch day at a certain point, they haven't been taking launch day pre orders in the store down here for weeks. For the 360 they blamed MS and said that they didn't send them as many as they were supposed to.

dor83 wrote: »
    No, they stop taking pre orders for launch day at a certain point, they haven't been taking launch day pre orders in the store down here for weeks. For the 360 they blamed MS and said that they didn't send them as many as they were supposed to.

That's what I'm gathering from them, they reckon they might not have enough stock to fulfil the pre orders. You'd imagine they'd know well in advance how many consoles they'd be getting.

That's what I'm gathering from them, they reckon they might not have enough stock to fulfil the pre orders. You'd imagine they'd know well in advance how many consoles they'd be getting.
    I'd say they do it on purpose, take too many pre orders to get the ques on launch day and create some hype around it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ if its first come first serve there will be WAR in the night!, imagine the lad who preordered back in February and some tool who only preorder in August gets there early and is ahead in the que........

Seriously Gamestop need to cop on!...it'll create trouble and violence!....first on the list = first served!

I have asked numerous times with Smyth's and its based on the list....they have your name and phone number. They put your details on the box and set it aside. The text you to say its ready for collection....you have 7 days to collect in-store or it goes to someone else.

I think Gamestop are just taking names to create a buzz at their stores and to inflate their balance sheets!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

dor83 wrote: »

They probably want bodies in the store to spin it to the media and investors, probably hoping that those who get let down will buy a PS4 on the night or a 360 or a PS3 or games or whatever.

Its about money......

Whoever started rumour bout GameStop stock and first come first serve is telling lies.

Rang GameStop newbridge was talking to manager and he said rather bluntly that whoever started all that talk here was full of ****..

They have allocated stock for day one editions and if you don't have a day one ordered you WILL NOT GET ONE AT LAUNCH!!! Everyone else will get their preordered consoles though

Whoever started rumour bout GameStop stock and first come first serve is telling lies.

Rang GameStop newbridge was talking to manager and he said rather bluntly that whoever started all that talk here was full of ****..

They have allocated stock for day one editions and if you don't have a day one ordered you WILL NOT GET ONE AT LAUNCH!!! Everyone else will get their preordered consoles though
    Gamestop mallow was where I was told this. I'm delighted to hear that its not the case. I'm going back in today to clarify as its been playing on my mind all night

• Advertisement

Gamestop mallow was where I was told this. I'm delighted to hear that its not the case. I'm going back in today to clarify as its been playing on my mind all night

Sorry for going off on one lol didn't sleep well reading it either so to say I'm on edge is an understatement :D

But yeah whoever told you that in GameStop mallow I would go mad at if I was you tbh...

Sorry for going off on one lol didn't sleep well reading it either so to say I'm on edge is an understatement :D

But yeah whoever told you that in GameStop mallow I would go mad at if I was you tbh...

No worries, I'm headin in soon, will post an update when I've clarification.

It was the manager called Daithí in newbridge told me that this morning

It was the manager called Daithí in newbridge told me that this morning

Ok, the update from the manager in mallow is that they've taken lots of pre orders but they haven't been told what their allocation of consoles is going to be. In basic terms this means the following: I'm order number 27, if they get 27 consoles or more, I'm garaunteed a console. Consoles will be allocated on the basis of the date you ordered. If you were number 31 and they only got 30 consoles in the first shipment, you don't get a console until the second shipment or if someone in the first 30 fails to pick up their console in the 2 day window.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It not all lies, some Gamestops are not going by lists, but they are in the minority, its up to the manager of the store itself, I know the Gamestop here in town are also worried about their allocation, according to the manager they are getting really mixed messages from Microsoft and he thinks they might not get even near half the allocation that was first suggested to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ok, the update from the manager in mallow is that they've taken lots of pre orders but they haven't been told what their allocation of consoles is going to be. In basic terms this means the following: I'm order number 27, if they get 27 consoles or more, I'm garaunteed a console. Consoles will be allocated on the basis of the date you ordered. If you were number 31 and they only got 30 consoles in the first shipment, you don't get a console until the second shipment or if someone in the first 30 fails to pick up their console in the 2 day window.

Thats how it is working in my Gamestop, goes for the PS4 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Xenji wrote: »
    according to the manager they are getting really mixed messages from Microsoft

:eek: Shock Horror!

I do hope everyone who pre orders an Xbox one gets what they in good faith ordered! It may sound extreme but getting your hopes up for months and then being told that you are not getting a console can be heart breaking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Sounds like the most reliable option is to pre-order directly from Microsoft ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Sounds like the most reliable option is to pre-order directly from Microsoft ?

Done that yesterday, they take your cards details but wont charge until its shipped!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

ASOT wrote: »
    Done that yesterday, they take your cards details but wont charge until its shipped!
    They charged me the full amount up front (maybe because I paid by PayPal).

They seem to say they'll honour day one (unless you live in the middle of nowhere)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement